become an editor
the entire directory
only in Pioneers/Papert,_Seymour
Open Directory - Computers: History: Pioneers: Papert, Seymour
Computers: Artificial Intelligence
Computers: History: Pioneers: Kay, Alan
Computers: History: Pioneers: Minsky, Marvin
Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities: North America: United States: Massachusetts: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Reference: Education: Methods and Theories: Learning Theories: Constructivism
Science: Social Sciences: Cognitive Science
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Cognitive
Professor Seymour Papert: Papert.org
- Expert on how technology can provide new ways to learn, his contributions go beyond education: mathematician and cofounder with Marvin Minsky of MIT Artificial Intelligence Lab, founding faculty member of MIT Media Lab, where he works now. Worked for many years with Jean Piaget at University of Geneva, Switzerland.
- Companion web site to Papert's new book, The Connected Family: Bridging the Digital Generation Gap, Longstreet Press, 1996; for parents and teachers (and kids) interested in the profound changes in learning brought about by the explosion of computers in the home.
MIT Media Lab: Seymour Papert
- Papert was a founding faculty member of the Media Lab, and now works there part-time. The Media Lab site has been hard to reach lately and is often inaccessible, but be patient and keep at it: it is well worthwhile.
- Page of over 2 dozen links to Websites, documents. By educator Gary S. Stager.
School's Out? A Conversation with Seymour Papert
- Interview at The Matrix: MEME 2.13. Treats Papert's favorite topics: children, computers and the end of schools as we know them.
- Growing biography, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia]
Innovation in Education
- Brief highlights text of Papert keynote address at Squeakfest 2006. InnovationCreation weblog. (July 20, 2006)
Seymour Papert: Sunday Profile
- Mathematician and pioneer in artificial intelligence, has radical ideas about how the education system should be overhauled. Text of radio interview, on ABC Local; Australia. (July 11, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, February 2, 2010 10:54:13 AM EST -