become an editor
the entire directory
only in Pioneers/Knuth,_Donald
Attribute Grammar Systems
Arts: Music: Instruments: Keyboard: Organ: Pipe Organs
Computers: Computer Science: Theoretical: People
Science: Math: Logic and Foundations: People
Science: Math: Mathematicians: Computational
This category in other languages:
Dr. Donald E. Knuth
- His very own page. Programming wouldn't be what it is today without this man. Invented TeX, Literate Programming, author of landmark series 'The Art of Computer Programming'. Professor Emeritus of The Art of Computer Programming, Stanford University.
Advogato Interview: Donald E. Knuth
- Medium long, deep interview, mostly about TeX, fonts, typography; some about Literate Programming, processors: MMIX, Transmeta, Pentium. Gives a good sense of the man.
Donald E. Knuth
- Author page: brief biography, links to all his books, interview.
- Growing article, with many links to related topics. [Wikipedia]
Donald Knuth: Leonard Euler of Computer Science
- Biography of the great scientist by Nikolai Bezroukov.
Innovations Interviews Donald Knuth on The Art of Computer Programming
- Brief, insightful, pure text; Addison-Wesley Professional.
Interview with Donald Knuth
- Covers open source success, multicore architecture problems, disappointing lack of interest in literate programming, reusable code menace, and urban legend about a programming contest win with one compilation. InformIT. (April 25, 2008)
Love at First Byte
- Featured article about Knuth's work, with recent photos. Stanford Magazine. (May 01, 2006)
Donald Knuth, Founding Artist of Computer Science
- Interview with Knuth, National Public Radio, by David Kestenbaum. (March 14, 2005)
Rewriting the Bible in 0's and 1's
- Since the 1960s, Knuth has been writing the sacred text of computer programming. He's a little behind schedule, but he has an excuse: he took time out to reinvent digital typography. By Steve Ditlea. Technology Review. (October 01, 1999)
The Art of Computer Programming
- Danny Yee reviews first 3 volumes of Knuth's magnum opus. (January 01, 1998)
Usenet comp.programming.literate -
Usenet comp.text.tex -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 13, 2014 at 16:09:00 UTC -