become an editor
the entire directory
only in Pioneers/Engelbart,_Douglas
Computers: Human-Computer Interaction
Computers: Software: Groupware
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Graphic Subsystems: Desktop Environments
Doug Engelbart's Invisible Revolution
- History project with text audio, video, timelines and blog.
- Growing biography, with links to related topics. [Wikipedia]
Douglas Engelbart and 'The Mother of All Demos'
- His presentation at 1968 Fall Joint Computer Conference, was a live online hypermedia demonstration of pioneering work his group did at SRI. Later called "The Mother of All Demos" by Andy van Dam, this historic show paved the way for modern human-computer interaction.
Engelbart's Unfinished Revolution: Stanford University
- Introduction, presenters, program, hosts, sponsors, history, links, press, feedback, video tapes, streaming video.
- Resource for exploring the history of human computer interaction beginning with the pioneering work of Douglas Engelbart and his colleagues at Stanford Research Institute in the 1960s.
A Chat with Doug Engelbart
- From reboot7 conference, Copenhagen, Denmark; video, audio, transcript, photos, links to other websites. [mprove] (June 10, 2005)
The Almanac: Douglas Engelbart
- Computer visionary seeks to boost people's collective ability to confront complex problems coming at a faster pace. Medium-long story. (February 21, 2001)
The Man Behind the Mouse
- Brief story on Engelbart getting 1997 Lemelson-MIT prize. [BusinessWeek] (April 21, 1997)
Tools For Thought: The Loneliness of a Long-Distance Thinker
- By Howard Rheingold. Online copy of well known 1985 book on the invention of modern computing; this chapter on SRI, Engelbart, oN Line System (NLS, Augment), augmentation. Newer (c)2000 edition of the book is out, with follow-up interviews. (June 01, 1985)
Usenet comp.groupware -
Usenet comp.human-factors -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 11, 2014 at 11:52:33 UTC -