the entire directory
only in History/Pioneers
Barlow, John Perry
Eckert, John Presper
Hopper, Grace Murray
Muuss, Michael John
Neumann, John von
Turing, Alan Mathison
Computers: Artificial Intelligence: People
Computers: Computer Science: People
Computers: Programming: Personal Pages
Science: Math: Logic and Foundations: History: People
Science: Math: Mathematicians: Computational
Society: History: By Topic: Science: Engineering and Technology: Biography
This category in other languages:
- Investor, philanthropist and co-founder of Microsoft.
Berkeley, Edmund C.
- Father of the Personal Computer
- Official site of Philip Emeagwali, voted Africa's greatest scientist by New African for his work on supercomputer development. Includes booking details plus links to speeches and articles.
Information Sciences Hall of Fame
- Biographical details for many of the people who have played an important part in the foundation of Information Science.
Licklider, J.C.R.; 1915-1990, In Memoriam
- In the 1960s, Licklider published his ideas on the future role of multiaccess interactive computing: 'Man-computer Symbiosis', and 'The Computer as a Communication Device'. [pdf]
Memoir of a Homebrew Computer Club Member
- An original member, Bob Lash, shares memories, photographs, stories, diagrams from the early days of personal computing.
Microsoft Altair BASIC Legend Talks about Linux, CPRM and that Very Frightening Photo
- An interview with Monte Davidoff regarding the 4K BASIC interpreter he wrote with Gates and Allen.
- Introduction to the works of Peter Naur, legendary Danish computer scientist, key in the creation of Algol 60, the N in BNF. Online papers, bibliography, book. English, Dansk.
- Open Source spokesman and author of the New Hacker's Dictionary. Resume, writings, speaking engagements, FAQ, and links.
Tarjan, Robert E.
- Algorithm and data structure researcher (see also Knuth and Dijkstra)
- The father of the Unix operating system
- Wikipedia biography of one of the pioneers of the Edsac computer at Cambridge, who helped to develop programming language. Includes links to obituaries.
Wired Magazine Archive: People
- A collection of interviews with notable IT people, including computing and Internet pioneers.
Usenet alt.folklore.computers -
Pioneers - Computers
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 4, 2012 at 18:24:06 UTC -