the entire directory
only in IBM/Mainframe
Computers: Hardware: Systems: Servers
Computers: Hardware: Used
IBM Mainframe Servers
- IBM home page for current mainframe computer systems, with links to an overview, software, operating systems, networking, I/O connectivity, solutions, news, events, FAQs, support, education and a library of documents.
The 360 Revolution
- IBM's 40th anniversary book, by Chuck Boyer, detailing the history of the System/360; IBM mainframes today are still software-compatible with the System/360. [PDF]
Anura Guruge: Mr. SNA
- Guruge's views on the IBM world, XML Web services, grids and autonomic computing.
BookManager: IBM Softcopy Reader
- Free Java-based software for Linux and Windows workstations. Used to read IBM manuals in BookManager format, typically on CD-ROM. Replaces IBM Library Reader (ILR).
Computer History: IBM 360/370/3090/390
- A personal history of the IBM mainframe by Lars Poulsen.
Computer Measurement Group
- CMG is a user group focused on performance and resource management, especially for IBM mainframes, with an annual conference and exhibition in North America. Groups link lists local CMG groups worldwide.
Coupling Facility Structure Sizer: CFSIZER
- A Web-based application used to calculate the size of each IBM software product's structure within a Parallel Sysplex Coupling Facility (CF).
Dictionary of the Mainframe World
- 6000 words and phrases currently in use and from the past, technical and marketing terms, as heard in IBM mainframe computer environments.
Dinos Web Ring
- Access to over 30 Web sites run by individuals interested in mainframes.
Disaster Recovery Journal
- Although business continuity is the focus, many articles are mainframe-related. Also hosts an annual conference.
Fujitsu Mainframe Servers
- Manufacturer of IBM mainframe-compatible servers, services, software and storage. Fujitsu acquired Amdahl, originally founded by IBM System/360 architect Gene Amdahl.
Hitachi Data Systems
- HDS provides hardware storage systems for multiple platforms, including the IBM mainframe. Related support, software and training is also available.
The IBM 360/67 and CP/CMS
- Tom Van Vleck's history of the IBM System/360 Model 67 computer and the CP/CMS operating system, which later became z/VM.
IBM Corporate Archives
- Includes a Search facility. Catalog link then Products and Services includes information on and pictures of many historical pieces of mainframe hardware.
- Special type of less formal IBM manuals. Useful for users seeking more real-world examples than given in standard manuals. Usually details implementation and experiences of a project to implement IBM software and hardware, but some are conference presentation material. More often now, a few are introductory textbooks on a specific technology: IBM hardware or software product.
IBM Resource Link
- Convenient access to mainframe hardware and systems software planning and maintenance information. Registration is free, but is restricted to IBM customers, business partners and employees; confirmation takes about two business hours.
IBM Resources for Mainframe Developers
- IBM programs and information for anyone developing a commercial software product for IBM's mainframe operating systems. Including free software and low cost hardware through PartnerWorld for Developers, developerWorks and other programs.
ITPapers: IBM Mainframe
- A directory of technical white papers, Webcasts, and case studies from IBM and other companies.
Marc Niegowski: Systems Programmer At Large
- Historical mainframe information plus tips and techniques for Assembler and C/C++. From a Systems Programmer specializing in mainframe telecommunications networks.
- Covers mainframe hardware and z/OS-related systems software topics. Including a collection of IBM Green Cards.
- Provides SNA, 3270, 5250 and LAN/WAN integration products: displays, printers and controllers, including communication servers and console concentrators.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 17, 2014 at 20:05:41 UTC -