become an editor
the entire directory
only in Optical/Resources
File Systems Compact Disk
Home: Consumer Information: Electronics: Video: DVD Players
Shopping: Consumer Electronics: Video: DVD Players
Andy McFadden's CD-Recordable FAQ
- The standard FAQ for CD-R and CD-RW. Besides general questions and answers, its major sections cover encoding, media, hardware, software and common problems. Updated monthly.
CD Information Center
- General information source with links and a few articles about the CD and DVD industry. Includes an CD bibliography.
CD Media Resource Center
- A guide to audio and data CD media technology. Includes a discussion of the influence of laser wavelength on track geometry, and also covers encoding (EFM, parity, subcode channels), capacity analysis and data structures.
CD Media World
- News and technology articles related to writable CDs. Includes a list of CD-R dye types and manufacturers, and a reference list of CD-writing software.
- Has essential tools for CD/DVD drive and media quality control and a good explanation of CAV, CLV, Z-CLV and P-CAV technology.
- Website that contains news and announcements of new products, reviews and articles.
- Website that offers news and reviews on CD-R and DVD drives, mainly focused on hardware.
DVD Audio Conference Coverage and FAQ
- Article on DVD Audio that dispels many myths about the DVD-A multi-channel audio format.
- This is the primary industry association for DVD. Site resources include technology briefs, conference schedules and news archives.
DVD-R Authoring Vs. General Media: What's the difference
- Document that explains the differences between DVD-R authoring and General DVD media.
- Website that offers articles and software about DVD recording.
General CD-R archives
- Archive of lots of questions and answers regarding CD-R and related technologies, both hardware and software.
How Stuff Works: CD-RW drive
- Explanation of the technology of CD-RW drives, contains interactive flash animations.
How Stuff Works: Compact Disc
- Detailed descriptions and animations explain the technology used in a compact disc.
How Stuff Works: DVDs
- An illustrated explanation of the technology behind DVD media and players. It includes some animations.
Jim Taylor's DVD FAQ
- The official FAQ of the Internet DVD newsgroups. Its primary emphasis is on video, but there is a section on data DVDs that describes each format.
LP to CDR Tips
- Page of notes describing the author's experience of transferring LPs to CDR over the last few years, with particular emphasis on the restoration of WAV files on hard disk.
OSTA - Optical Storage Technology Association
- OSTA is an industry group promoting use of writable optical storage technology. This is the home of the Universal Disc Format (UDF) specification and other technology references.
PC Tech Guide: CD-R/CD-RW
- The technology behind the recordable CD.
Recording to CD: More than Meets the Ear
- This article includes an description of the physical structure and encoding of data on CDs. It covers the frame and block levels including EFM, interleaving and subcode channels.
- Contains information on how to make VideoCDs, SVCDs or DVDs that can be played on your standalone DVD Player from video sources like DVD, Video, TV, Cam or downloaded movie clips like DivX, MOV, RM, WMV and ASF. Has also a list of standalone DVD Players with compatibility information such as CD-R/W, DVD±R/W, VCD, SVCD, and MP3.
Usenet alt.comp.periphs.cdr -
Usenet alt.video.dvd -
Usenet alt.video.dvd.tech -
Usenet comp.publish.cdrom.hardware -
Usenet comp.publish.cdrom.multimedia -
Usenet comp.publish.cdrom.software -
Usenet rec.audio.pro -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 5, 2016 at 6:35:04 UTC -