become an editor
the entire directory
only in Processors/x86
Open Directory - Computers: Hardware: Components: Processors: x86
Computers: Hardware: Components: Processors: CISC
Computers: Hardware: Components: Processors: iAPX-432
Computers: Programming: Disassemblers: DOS and Windows
Computers: Programming: Languages: Assembly: x86
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: x86
Games: Video Games: Console Platforms: Microsoft: Xbox
This category in other languages:
- Resource site offering information on AMD and its technologies. Includes news articles and discussion forums.
AMD: Advanced Micro Devices
- Global supplier of integrated circuits for personal and networked computing and communications.
- Was IDT. Makes WinChip processor family, world's smallest x86 processors, shipping four different parts, and consistently has the fastest design cycle in the industry. Subsidiary of VIA Technologies.
- E2K microprocessor: postRISC parallel architecture claimed 2x faster than Merced. Has optimizing compiler. High security: supports data types in hardware, checks handling at run time.
History of the x86 processor
- In depth report on the history of the x86 processor.
- Manufacturer of x86 microprocessors. Also make chipsets, motherboards and network processors.
Intel Nehalem x86 Heads for the Datacenter
- An Introduction to 64-bit Computing and x86-64
The PC Technology Guide
- Outlines the basic structure of a processor and the architectures of recent designs from Intel, AMD and Cyrix.
Processor performance charts
- Detailed performance charts of various desktop processors.
- Archive of technical x86 processor information and downloadable documentation. Includes a discussion forum.
Wikipedia: X86 Architecture
- Encyclopedia article about the microprocessor architecture, including history, naming scheme, design details, and software support.
- Code optimizer that supports code for the IA-32 and x86-64 architectures which is used to optimize and auto-parallelize code generated by a compiler.
IT News: IBM Claims x86 Server Breakthrough
- The eX5 server platform is the first to effectively "decouple" memory performance and capacity from the processor, enabling its memory capacity to scale up to six times other servers in its class. (March 02, 2010)
The Pentium: An Architectural History of the World's Most Famous Desktop Processor, Part II
- Article treats trace cache, instruction window, P4 and Pentium-M developments, branch prediction. [Ars Technica] (July 26, 2004)
The Pentium: An Architectural History of the World's Most Famous Desktop Processor, Part I
- Article treats integer pipeline, P6 architecture, impact of legacy x86 support. [Ars Technica] (July 11, 2004)
AMD Throws Down the Gauntlet
- Article treats AMD release of a 1.3ghz Athlon chip, its support for DDR memory, future planned release of 64 bit chip. [Wired News] (March 22, 2001)
Usenet comp.lang.asm.x86 -
Usenet comp.sys.intel -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 19, 2013 at 8:12:53 UTC -