become an editor
the entire directory
only in Processors/Minimal
Computers: Hardware: Components: Processors: CISC
Computers: Hardware: Components: Processors: RISC
Computers: Hardware: Components: Processors: VLIW
Computers: Programming: Languages: Forth
E25 Computer Architecture: Lab 5: OISC: One Instruction Set Computer
- Class project to design and implement One Instruction Set Computer; using instruction: SUBLEQ A B C. Meaning: subtract value in M(A) from M(B) and store it in M(B), if result is not positive, go to instruction C. Descriptions, diagrams, code, tables.
- References, links to Forth and stack machines in various technologies.
Java Optimized Processor
- JOP is the implementation of a small java processor with the JVM fitting in a FPGA.
Microprocessor Architectures from VLIW to TTA
- By Henk Corporaal; John Wiley, 1998, ISBN 047197157X. Introduces Transport Triggered Architectures, TTAs. In standard architectures, programmed operations trigger internal data transports. TTAs work by programming data transports themselves. This removes bottlenecks, allows for new code generation optimizations, uses hardware more efficiently.
Minimal Instruction Set Computers
- Stack-based processors, 5-bit words, 25 instructions, 7000 transistors, 80 MIPS, 50 milliwatts, low cost; designed by Chuck Moore, creator of Forth programming language.
- Minimal instruction set, small, low power 16-bit CPU optimized to run Forth on a Xilinx FPGA. When system is stable, VHDL source code for CPU and all other code will be released to make a full open source public domain CPU.
A No Instruction Set Processor
- Benefits: simple, easily pipelined, useful in self-clocked systems, very flexible and optimizable, good memory access, highly. Problems: awkward to program. [cowlark.com]
PTSC: Patriot Scientific Corp.
- Makes IGNITE I ROSC (Removed Operand Set Computer), PSC1000 32-bit embedded shBoom-based microprocessor line, many ISDN interface products, sophisticated antenna/radar technologies.
- Course on minimal processors: Guided Exploration of two FPGA-based CPU Designs, led by John Rible.
Stack Computers & Forth
- Philip J. Koopman, Jr., CMU page. Reports, studies, and links. Compares: CISC, RISC, Stack systems; 2 and 3 stack systems.
Stack Computers: The New Wave
- By Philip J. Koopman, Jr; Ellis Horwood, 1989, ISBN 0470214678. Read on-line, or download in formats: HTML, PDF, zip file. First book to explore a new breed of stack computers led by introduction of Novix NC4016. [Free]
- Simple one instruction language; type of OISC; specifications from Clive Gifford eigenratios self-interpreter page. Each subleq instruction has 3 operands which are memory addresses. Oleg Mazonka.
- Embedded systems consultant for small (8/16-bit) and distributed microprocessor systems. Contract hardware and software development for most microcontrollers. Specialist: Forth, Assembly, C. By Bradford J. Rodriguez, Ph.D.
Triangle Digital Services Ltd.
- Small, powerful Forth embedded computers: let you quickly design applications: controls, portable instruments, terminals, data loggers, GPS, CAN bus, multitasking, LCD and keyboard systems. High level language makes development simple and fast; needs no PROM programmer. Forth hardware and software.
The Ultimate RISC
- Explains extreme, simple RISC, with only one instruction, move memory to memory; yet it is useful. Revision of paper first published in ACM Computer Architecture News.
Wikipedia: One Instruction Set Computer
- Online encyclopedia article about this single machine language opcode, with links to related articles.
Wikipedia: Transport Triggered Architectures
- Online encyclopedia article about this approach to computer architecture.
Usenet comp.arch -
Usenet comp.lang.forth -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 30, 2014 at 5:45:09 UTC -