become an editor
the entire directory
only in Hacking/Cryptography
Products and Tools
Computers: Internet: E-mail: Encryption
Computers: Software: Internet: Clients: Encryption and Privacy
Science: Math: Applications: Communication Theory: Cryptography
Snake Oil FAQ
- Guide to evaluating the quality and fitness for purpose of cryptography tools.
Adam Back's Homepage: Cypherspace
- Find information on some cryptanalytic hacks, breaking weak cryptosystems and links to more cryptography related websites.
Choosing a Good Password
- Tips on choosing a difficult to crack password and pitfalls in password selection.
- Features machines and systems used in secure communications. Includes brief history on cryptography.
- Free monthly email newsletter covering developments in cryptography and other computer security issues.
A Cryptographic Compendium
- Outline of the various types of cipher systems that have been used historically and the relationships between them.
- Ten part FAQ list that is essential reading for any newcomer to cryptography.
- Introduction to cryptography, including concepts, key management and application.
- Articles describing the first crack of a DES-encrypted message, with some source code and mailing list archives.
Handbook of Applied Cryptography
- Reference work available for free download (with restrictions) from the Web.
International Association for Cryptologic Research (IACR)
- Non-profit scientific organisation intended to further research in cryptology.
International Cryptography Freedom
- Links to cryptography related downloads and information from around the world.
The Munitions Maker Graphic
- Campaign to distribute image (rsa2d.gif) in protest of ITAR regulations that treat encryption as munitions.
An Overview of Cryptography by Gary C. Kessler
- Defines cryptographic terms and concepts, offers crypto scheme comparison, and provides some real world examples.
Randomness and the Netscape Browser
- Article about cracking the original Netscape encryption algorithm, and links to resources for generating crypto strength randomness.
RSA - Hacking and Cracking
- Discusses security problems and possible attacks against the RSA cryptosystem.
Standard Cryptographic Algorithm Naming
- Provides references for a collection of cryptographic algorithms, assigning each an ASCII name and zero or more aliases.
Strong Cryptography Links on the Internet
- Dealing with cryptography, information security, cryptographers government, commercial, university, and personal sites, newsgroups, publications, programs and applications.
Why Cryptography Is Harder Than It Looks
- Essay on pitfalls of implementing and using secure systems.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 16, 2012 at 12:35:06 UTC -