become an editor
the entire directory
only in Emulators/Intel_x86_Architecture
Intel x86 Architecture
DOS and Windows
Microsoft Virtual PC
Computers: Software: Operating Systems
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: x86
- A graphical debugger interface for Bochs. Description, downloads, screenshots, a discussion forum and news about current releases.
- A dynamic binary translator that runs programs on architectures they were not compiled for. It does this by dynamically translating the machine code of the programs to be run to machine code for the native architecture. Documentation, screenshots, downloads.
Bochs IA-32 Emulator Project
- An open source emulator for all popular architectures and operating systems.
- An addition to Bochs that connects to an emulated OS over a network using the RFB protcol used in VNC. Provides news about the application and lists available releases.
- A collection of scripts and programs to be used together with the Bochs-emulator. The main goal was to provide a Unix-like interface to the emulator and to enable access to Bochs disk-images from outside of Bochs.
- A page providing some additional information about running bochs on Windows. Provides a registry-file to start bochs with double-click on the configuration-files.
- Open source emulator for Linux and Windows.
Guest PC -
- Virtual x86 Computer for Macs, runs instead of Mac OS for better performance.
How Bochs works under the hood
- A description of how Bochs is implemented internally (Work in progress).
JPC - Computer Virtualization in Java
- A pure Java emulation of an x86 PC with fully virtual peripherals, licensed under the GNU GPL. Describes the implementation and shows some screenshots as well as online-versions of the emulator running FreeDOS and GNU/Linux.
- Provides a virtual computer that can be run from USB flash drive without installing anything on the desktop computer.
PCE - PC Emulator
- Open source IBM PC 5150 emulator for Linux and Windows.
- Open source emulator for Windows.
- An open source alternative to VMWare.
Plex86 x86 Virtual Machine Project
- Simulates a x86 processor and can be used to run Linux as a guest. It also can be used to accelerate bochs by executing user code inside the plex86 VM, while letting bochs execute kernel code and IO functionality inside the emulator.
Serenity Virtual Station
- Allows to run "virtual personal computers" on a PC. Describes the product, availability and provides online-support.
Software-only 8086 PC emulator for X
- Emulate a basic PC with a VGA text-only display.
Virtual Machine from Parallels
- Parallels virtual machine allows users to run multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, OS/2 etc.) in independent virtual machines on a single physical computer. Products, support, download.
Virtual Strategy Magazine
- An online publication for news and information on virtualization technologies.
- An x86 virtualization software package developed by Sun Microsystems. Distributed under either the GNU GPL or a proprietary license with additional features.
- Alessandro Perilli's blog covering Microsoft, VMWare and related virtual machine products.
- Virtualizaiton and cloud computing news, forums, jobs and industry resources.
- David Marshall's Blog covering virtualization news and technology information such as from VMware, Xen, SWsoft and Microsoft.
XenSource: Open Source Virtualization
- XenSource enables enterprise-grade virtualization and is the home of the open source Xen hypervisor project. Description, community, company.
- A Blog covering virtualization in general and vmware technologies.
- Running 32-bit x86 Applications on Windows NT Alpha. A paper from the Usenix Windows NT Workshop. [PDF] (August 01, 1997)
Intel x86 Architecture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 1, 2013 at 19:12:24 UTC -