become an editor
the entire directory
only in Data_Formats/Microformats
- The official microformats site. Contains the development wiki, mailing-list information and scripts to create the major microformats.
Alex Faaborg: Microformats
- A series of blog posts giving an introduction to microformats and how these are to be handled in Firefox 3.
Getting Semantic With Microformats
- A series of blog posts detailing the semantic benefits, structure, simplicity and overall potential of Microformats.
- Tool which validates microformatted hCards against the current specification. Also provides helpful and educational hints about hCards.
Microdata (Rich Snippets) Generators
- Collection of microdata generators to add metadata inside web pages.
- A weblog about microformats.
Microformats Dublin Core in a few (and easy) steps
- A brief tutorial for creating microformats following the Dublin Core meta-data standards.
Oomph Microformats Toolkit
- For web developers, designers and users, making it easier to create, consume, and style Microformats.
- Explanation of microformats with examples of its usage.
XML.com: What Are Microformats
- Micah Dubinko asks what microformats are and whether they are here to stay.
Microformats: What, How, and Why
- Overview of what Microformats are, how to use them, and why website owners should use them. (November 03, 2009)
Microformats for Business Owners
- An explanation of the practical benefits that microformats can bring to a business and its customers. (March 13, 2009)
BBC Radio Labs: Removing Microformats from bbc.co.uk/programmes
- Article explaining the decision to remove certain microformat markup from BBC pages on accessibility grounds. (June 23, 2008)
- Article by Bruce Lawson and James Craig, raising accessibility issues with the use of some microformats, and specifically the abbr design pattern. (April 27, 2007)
Microformats: Web Semantics and More
- Presentation covering the basics of microformats, including syntax, benefits and publishing. (January 01, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 11, 2015 at 22:19:39 UTC -