become an editor
the entire directory
only in XML/Encoding
Computers: Software: Globalization: Character Encoding
Computers: Software: Globalization: Character Encoding: Unicode
Computers: Software: Globalization: Programming Languages: XML
Chinese XML FAQ (in English)
- FAQ about Chinese document encodings, and how they relate to XML. Also includes links and software.
Entry-Level Unicode for XML
- A "just enough education to perform" guide to Unicode and ISO 10646 for authors of XML parsers and other software that processes XML.
Expressing Simple Dublin Core in RDF/XML
- Explains how to encode the Dublin Core Metadata Element Set V1.1 (DCMES) in XML, provides a DTD to validate the documents and describes a method to link them from web pages.
History of Unicode Standard(s)
- What document(s) define(d) the Unicode standard? This is a complete history of the Unicode standard from 1.0 to a preview of the (future) 3.0 and 4.0 versions to come.
ISO 8859 Alphabet Soup
- A commented graphical overview of the ISO 8859 character sets by Roman Czyborra.
MSDN: How to Encode XML Data
- Article explaining how character encoding works and specifically how it works in XML and the MSXML DOM.
The Unicode Consortium
- The official site with information and resources for programmers, implementers and others involved in computer globalization work.
What ASN.1 can offer to XML
- XML Encoding Rules for Abstract Syntax Notation One (ASN.1) and the ASN.1 Markup Language [ITU-T Rec. X.693 | ISO/IEC 8825-4].
XER - XML Encoding Rules
- Idea to standardize rules that would allow for information described in ASN.1 (Abstract Syntax Notation) to be carried in XML. [pdf]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 11, 2012 at 17:24:40 UTC -