the entire directory
only in XML/Applications
Office Open XML
Business: E-Commerce: Standards and Protocols: XML
Computers: Data Formats: Graphics: 3D: VRML
Computers: Data Formats: Open Standards
AIML - Astronomical Instrument Markup Language
- A version of the Instrument Markup Language (IML) for controlling astronomical instruments.
Citation Style Language
- An XML-based language to describe the formatting of citations and bibliographies.
CML - Chemical Markup Language
- Includes specification, sample code and examples, and discussion forum.
DARPA Markup Language (DAML+OIL)
- DAML is being developed as an extension to XML and RDF. DAML+OIL provides a rich set of constructs with which to create ontologies and to markup information so that it is machine readable and understandable.
DITA - Darwin Information Typing Architecture
- Architecture for creating and deploying modular technical information on varied platforms, from printed manuals to online helpsets to hierarchical information for small-screen devices.
- Environmental Noise Markup Language, a XML application for the exchange of acoustic data using a portable, open and free acoustic data format.
Extensible 3D (X3D)
- Open standard XML application developed by the W3D Consortium as the successor to Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML 97).
GDML - Geometry Description Mark-up Language
- Used to define geometrical description of complex systems.
How to Create Channel Definition Format (CDF) Files
- Microsoft tutorial, explaining how CDF gives Web authors another way to organize their sites.
ISO 15022 XML
- Replaces FIX and SWIFT messaging protocols as a single industry standard; prepared by Technical Committee ISO/TC68, Banking, Securities and Related Financial Services, Sub-Committee SC4, Securities and Related Financial Instruments.
JSML - JSpeech Markup Language
- A text format used by applications to annotate text input to speech synthesizers; derived from Java Speech API Markup Language.
Literature Markup Language
- A collection of semantic element names for literature applications to be used with the role attribute of XHTML, SVG and other formats.
MCF - Meta Content Framework
- A data model for describing information organization structures (metadata) for collections of networked information.
Molecular Dynamics Language
- Provides simple constructs like atom, bond, molecule and TRANSLATE to mark up chemical simulation data.
NetBeans XML Project
- Designed to add support for working with XML, DTD and CSS documents in NetBeans. Links, FAQs, developer's corner and downloads featured.
- An XML encoding for news which is intended to be used for the creation, transfer, delivery and archiving of news. By International Press Telecommunications Council. [XML-compliant browser required]
- A single format for exchanging text, images, video, audio news and event or sports data - and packages thereof.
- Used for sharing news articles, developed by the International Press Telecommunications Council. Because metadata is applied throughout the news content, NITF documents are more searchable and useful than HTML pages.
- A DTD for vendor invoicing for oil and gas field operations.
Open Applications Group (OAGI)
- Freely downloadable set of DTDs that define interfaces between business applications such as Purchasing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Human Resources, and Financials, The context of the DTDs is fully explained in a document called OAGIS, which is also downloadable. Site run by an industry consortium.
OSD - Open Software Description Format
- A vocabulary used for describing software packages and their dependencies. It is intended to be useful in automated software distribution environments.
P3P - Platform for Privacy Preferences 1.0 Specification
- Enables Web sites to express their privacy practices in a standard format that can be retrieved automatically and interpreted easily by user agents.
- Official specification document, FAQ, example recipes, and the DTD of the recipe markup language formerly known as Dessert.
- A lightweight XML DTD and style sheets for the structuring of Resumes and Job Listings. (Working Draft)
TM-XML Working Group
- Official site of the working group exchange and disseminate all information, examples, tools related to Trade Mark Extensible Markup Language.
UBL - Universal Business Language
- An OASIS effort to create a synthesis of existing XML business document libraries into one universal business language.
VocML - Vocabulary Markup Language
- DTD/Schema developed to support the structured representation of a wide range of Knowledge Organization Systems/Services (KOS).
XBEL - XML Bookmark Exchange Language
- Document type for bookmark files, which can be used to exchange bookmarks between any browsers and also to publish them on the web. A conversion program is available.
xCBL - XML Common Business Library
- A set of XML building blocks and a document framework that allows the creation of robust, reusable, XML documents to facilitate global trading, using SOX, XDR, and DTDs.
XGMML - Extensible Graph Markup and Modeling Language
- An XML application based on GML which is used for graph description. Specifications, software, links to related sites.
XLDL Literature Description Language
- An XML doctype for the storage of novels, stories, poems and related texts.
XML in Mozilla
- This document provides an overview of the plans for XML in Mozilla. (Mozilla)
XMLSTATS: Using SportsML
- Introduction to the SportsML standard, designed to provide a consistent format for sports scores and statistics.
XSPF: XML Shareable Playlist Format
- Site of the playlist format created by the Xiph.Org Foundation. Includes the specification, a validator, and an application list.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 9, 2015 at 10:18:19 UTC -