the entire directory
only in XML/Applications
Office Open XML
Business: E-Commerce: Standards and Protocols: XML
Computers: Data Formats: Graphics: 3D: VRML
Computers: Data Formats: Open Standards
AIML - Astronomical Instrument Markup Language
- A version of the Instrument Markup Language (IML) for controlling astronomical instruments.
Citation Style Language
- An XML-based language to describe the formatting of citations and bibliographies.
CML - Chemical Markup Language
- Includes specification, sample code and examples, and discussion forum.
DARPA Markup Language (DAML+OIL)
- DAML is being developed as an extension to XML and RDF. DAML+OIL provides a rich set of constructs with which to create ontologies and to markup information so that it is machine readable and understandable.
DITA - Darwin Information Typing Architecture
- Architecture for creating and deploying modular technical information on varied platforms, from printed manuals to online helpsets to hierarchical information for small-screen devices.
- Environmental Noise Markup Language, a XML application for the exchange of acoustic data using a portable, open and free acoustic data format.
Extensible 3D (X3D)
- Open standard XML application developed by the W3D Consortium as the successor to Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML 97).
GDML - Geometry Description Mark-up Language
- Used to define geometrical description of complex systems.
How to Create Channel Definition Format (CDF) Files
- Microsoft tutorial, explaining how CDF gives Web authors another way to organize their sites.
ISO 15022 XML
- Replaces FIX and SWIFT messaging protocols as a single industry standard; prepared by Technical Committee ISO/TC68, Banking, Securities and Related Financial Services, Sub-Committee SC4, Securities and Related Financial Instruments.
JSML - JSpeech Markup Language
- A text format used by applications to annotate text input to speech synthesizers; derived from Java Speech API Markup Language.
Literature Markup Language
- A collection of semantic element names for literature applications to be used with the role attribute of XHTML, SVG and other formats.
MCF - Meta Content Framework
- A data model for describing information organization structures (metadata) for collections of networked information.
Molecular Dynamics Language
- Provides simple constructs like atom, bond, molecule and TRANSLATE to mark up chemical simulation data.
NetBeans XML Project
- Designed to add support for working with XML, DTD and CSS documents in NetBeans. Links, FAQs, developer's corner and downloads featured.
- An XML encoding for news which is intended to be used for the creation, transfer, delivery and archiving of news. By International Press Telecommunications Council. [XML-compliant browser required]
NITF - News Industry Text Format
- Used for sharing news articles, developed by the International Press Telecommunications Council. Because metadata is applied throughout the news content, NITF documents are more searchable and useful than HTML pages.
Open Applications Group (OAGI)
- Freely downloadable set of DTDs that define interfaces between business applications such as Purchasing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Human Resources, and Financials, The context of the DTDs is fully explained in a document called OAGIS, which is also downloadable. Site run by an industry consortium.
OSD - Open Software Description Format
- A vocabulary used for describing software packages and their dependencies. It is intended to be useful in automated software distribution environments.
P3P - Platform for Privacy Preferences 1.0 Specification
- Enables Web sites to express their privacy practices in a standard format that can be retrieved automatically and interpreted easily by user agents.
- A DTD for vendor invoicing for oil and gas field operations.
- A markup language designed to allow sharing of recipes electronically.
- Official specification document, FAQ, example recipes, and the DTD of the recipe markup language formerly known as Dessert.
- A lightweight XML DTD and style sheets for the structuring of Resumes and Job Listings. (Working Draft)
TM-XML Working Group
- Official site of the working group exchange and disseminate all information, examples, tools related to Trade Mark Extensible Markup Language.
UBL - Universal Business Language
- An OASIS effort to create a synthesis of existing XML business document libraries into one universal business language.
VocML - Vocabulary Markup Language
- DTD/Schema developed to support the structured representation of a wide range of Knowledge Organization Systems/Services (KOS).
XBEL - XML Bookmark Exchange Language
- Document type for bookmark files, which can be used to exchange bookmarks between any browsers and also to publish them on the web. A conversion program is available.
xCBL - XML Common Business Library
- A set of XML building blocks and a document framework that allows the creation of robust, reusable, XML documents to facilitate global trading, using SOX, XDR, and DTDs.
XGMML - Extensible Graph Markup and Modeling Language
- An XML application based on GML which is used for graph description. Specifications, software, links to related sites.
XLDL Literature Description Language
- An XML doctype for the storage of novels, stories, poems and related texts.
XML in Mozilla
- This document provides an overview of the plans for XML in Mozilla. (Mozilla)
XMLSTATS: Using SportsML
- Introduction to the SportsML standard, designed to provide a consistent format for sports scores and statistics.
XSPF: XML Shareable Playlist Format
- Site of the playlist format created by the Xiph.Org Foundation. Includes the specification, a validator, and an application list.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 17, 2014 at 7:45:24 UTC -