become an editor
the entire directory
only in Markup_Languages/SMIL
Open Directory - Computers: Data Formats: Markup Languages: SMIL
Computers: Data Formats: Markup Languages: XML
Computers: Internet: Web Design and Development: Authoring
Computers: Multimedia: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
This category in other languages:
- The official W3C page includes a brief definition and links to latest news, players, authoring tools, getting help and the other information.
Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language (SMIL 2.0)
- XML-based language that allows authors to write interactive multimedia presentations, and allows reuse of SMIL syntax and semantics in other XML-based languages, in particular those who need to represent timing and synchronization.
Learn SMIL with a SMIL Presentation
- Examples and tutorials with links to the official site and a player.
SMIL 1.0 Synchronized Multimedia Tutorial
- Tutorial article from Web Techniques that gives an overview of SMIL 1.0. Example for download (requires RealPlayer), and full text of the article.
SMIL for Digital Signage
- Advocacy for SMIL (hence A-SMIL) as an open standard for digital signage.
SMIL plugin for HTML-Kit editor
- Edit SMIL documents in HTML-Kit using the HKSMIL plugin. Which adds the ability to lookup online help.
- Integrates a subset of the SMIL 2.0 specification with XHTML. Includes SMIL 2.0 modules providing support for animation, content control, media objects, timing and synchronization, and transition effects. (W3C Note 31 January 2002)
Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language (SMIL 1.0)
- The W3C's official technical description of the language, including the document type definition and elements within the language. (June 15, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 11, 2013 at 6:05:08 UTC -