become an editor
the entire directory
only in 2D/PNG
Computers: Algorithms: Compression
Computers: Graphics: Web
Computers: Software: Graphics
This category in other languages:
- The official W3C recommendation specification for PNG.
- A firefox extension to allow the creation and editing of APNG files.
APNG from GIF
- Simple command-line program to convert animated GIFs to APNGs.
- An extension of the PNG image format, adding support for animated images. Includes full specification including file structure and version changes.
MSDN - AlphaImageLoader Filter
- Displays an image within the boundaries of the object and between the object background and content, with options to clip or resize the image. When loading a Portable Network Graphics (PNG) image, transparency from zero to 100 percent is supported.
- Information, applications, and code relating to the PNG image format.
PNG Resources of the Miscellaneous Persuasion
- Links to images, mailing lists, test images, PNG and image compression documents, comics and websites using PNGs, the official site, and some unofficial resource sites.
PNG Tips for Cartoonists
- Article written to encourage cartoonists to use PNG and to share tips on exploiting PNG's strengths.
- A collection of comments, impressions, comparisons, experiments and ideas regarding the PNG (Portable Network Graphics) file format, and related technologies: ZLIB (Data Compression Format and Library), and MNG (Multiple-Image Network Graphics). It is focused on the compression algorithms used in PNG.
- Includes various free tools to create and manipulate PNG and MNG images, including an optimizer that can reduce the size of PNG images and a converter that can import BMP files.
Portable Network Graphics - PNG
- Thorough introduction to PNG image format.
The Sad Story of PNG Gamma Correction
- Explains how PNG gamma "correction" causes color mismatches with other colors on web pages.
- W3C overview of PNG. Includes browser tests to see if gamma and alpha work correctly.
Open Source Graphics with PNG
- Joe Barr discusses PNG, the new open source file format, and the Unisys/CompuServe/GIF controversy. [LinuxWorld] (September 09, 1999)
The Story of PNG
- An article detailing the history of the PNG format. (February 27, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 18, 2014 at 10:53:01 UTC -