become an editor
the entire directory
only in Document/Office_Open_XML
Office Open XML
Computers: Companies: Microsoft Corporation
Computers: Data Formats: Markup Languages: XML: Applications
Computers: Software: Office Suites: Microsoft Office
- Aims to stop the adoption of OOXML because it is based on a proprietary document format and depends on software patents.
OOXML is Defective by Design
- A Weblog containing articles criticizing Microsoft's OOXML format and opposing its use. Includes technical details.
- Offers news, resources, information and discussion forums about this format to developers. Managed by Microsoft.
- PHP library for the dynamical generation of Word documents in docx format.
Standard ECMA-376: Office Open XML File Formats
- Official text of the OOXML file format as accepted by the Ecma International standards body.
Wikipedia: Office Open XML
- Encylopedia article about the forum, including background, standardization efforts, and controversies.
BBC News: Microsoft's standards bid stalled
- Article covering the appeals lodged by four developing nations against the ratification of OOXML as an ISO standard. (June 02, 2008)
Make that Three: India Appeals Adoption of OOXML
- Blog post from consortiuminfo.org detailing the three appeals that have been lodged by ISO members over the Office Open XML standardization process. (May 30, 2008)
ISO/IEC DIS 29500 Receives Necessary Votes for Approval as an International Standard
- ISO press release with news that following the changes made by the ballot resolution meeting, the revised votes on the OOXML standard were sufficient for it to be approved. (April 02, 2008)
ISO: Vote Closes on Draft ISO/IEC DIS 29500 Standard
- Official ISO press release outlining how the proposed standard did not achieve the required number of votes for approval. The comments submitted by members will now be discussed at a ballot resolution meeting. (September 04, 2007)
PC World: ISO Rejects Microsoft's OOXML as Standard
- An article providing details of the outcome of the recent ISO voting on Microsoft's document format specification. (September 04, 2007)
Office Open XML
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 13, 2015 at 20:40:48 UTC -