become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wireless/Security
Open Directory - Computers: Data Communications: Wireless: Security
Chats and Forums
802.11x Wireless LAN Security & Software
- Offers security alerts and articles based on specific wireless LAN hardware and mirrored multi-platform software helpful for wireless security.
Ars Technica: Wireless Security Blackpaper
- Article covering basic 802.11b security, WEP, MAC address filtering, broadcast key rotation and EAP based standards.
Lisa Phifer's Wireless CORner
- Compendium of on-line wireless/mobile resources, including WLAN security articles, webcasts, and tools.
LucidLink WiFi Client
- A software application designed to provide a clear interface to wireless security options enabled in surrounding wireless networks. Intended for use in laptops.
Securing Your Wireless Network
- Tips for home users to secure their wireless LAN, with detailed instructions on how to execute each step of the process.
The Unofficial 802.11 Security Web Page
- Collection of papers and links covering the major wireless standards and their associated vulnerabilities.
Wi-Fi Alliance: WPA2 standard
- Information on the WPA2 security standard designed to meet the 802.11i criteria. Includes FAQ and media briefing presentation in English and Japanese.
Wireless Home Network Security Tips
- Tips for home users who want to get a network up quickly to secure their network against the most prevalent of threats.
- Tool for penetration testing Cisco LEAP wireless access points, can recover weak passwords by passively monitoring wireless traffic. Includes documentation and downloads.
- Article by Will Knight, discussing a new authentication approach that can combat the risks associated with connecting to a rogue access point. (February 20, 2005)
- A three part article on wireless penetration testing discussing the different types of attacks that can be used, how to protect against them, and walks through a typical attack on a network. (June 03, 2004)
- A two part article on developing a security policy for wireless networks expressing key policy components in great detail. (September 18, 2003)
Keeping Wireless Intruders Away
- Article raising awareness about the risk of unprotected wireless networks, and how a worldwide test yielded shocking results about the amount homes left unprotected to network attacks. (February 27, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, April 4, 2013 11:15:47 AM EDT -