the entire directory
only in Data_Communications/Wireless
Open Directory - Computers: Data Communications: Wireless
News and Media
Business: Telecommunications: Services: Wireless
Computers: Internet: Access Providers: Wireless
Science: Technology: Electrical Engineering: Communications: Mobile Systems
This category in other languages:
- Wireless mobile network simulator.
Airport Wi-Fi Guide
- Offers a guide to Wi-Fi access facilities at airports in the US and around the world.
Airspan Networks Inc.
- Provides wireless local loop systems and solutions.
Apple Airport Base Station Page
- How to repair common problems, configure a station, retrofit extender antennas, and add ventilation to prolong station life.
Biological Wireless Projects
- Information on prototype testing and evaluation of wireless instrumentation for ecological research at remote field locations. Features a brief tutorial on spread spectrum radio and its application .
- Information designing and implementing community wireless networks. Lists current Wireless LAN projects.
- News information and comment on the Digital Enhanced Cordless Technologies standard.
DIY Wireless Link
- Offers an overview of how to create a point to point wireless link, allowing two geographically separate locations to be connected by wireless and share network resources.
DIY Wireless Networking
- Contains tutorials about setting up and maintaining wireless networks and networking gear.
Hassan Zeino Wireless Links
- Wireless Networking Links: Wireless LANs, Broadband Wireless Access, Cellular, Protocols.
High Performance Wireless Research and Education Network (HPWREN)
- Information on this non-commercial, prototype, high-performance, wide-area, wireless network in San Diego.
HowStuffWorks: How Wireless Networking Works
- Illustrated unbiased tutorial describes the advantages and disadvantages of using a wireless network.
IBM alphaWorks Wireless Zone
- IBM's resource for Wireless emerging technologies - VoiceXML, Bluetooth, WAP, and WML.
IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access
- Global, open standard for Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks.
LMSC, LAN/MAN Standards Committee
- Information about the IEEE 802 standards and the committee who creates them.
Linux and Wireless LANs
- Information on wireless networking with Linux. Includes detailed howtos, hardware support lists and links to the various pieces of software needed.
- Wireless research site, providing free technology accelerators for wifi community networking and mobile data projects. From handheld mesh videophones to backpack mounted webservers.
Mobile Tech Today
- News and information about wireless computing and mobile technology.
- An adhoc wireless mesh routing daemon. Includes tutorials, mailing list and development news.
- A collection of wireless resources.
Scientific American: Last Mile by Laser
- Article about using laser beams for last mile communications.
Scientific American: Wireless Data Blaster
- Article about the history of radio and wireless communications, including 802.11.
Skifactz Wifi Tutorials
- Various open source router modifications, WiFi antennas and other wireless networking devices.
- Provides wireless news, tutorials, reviews and insights.
Wi-Fi Technology Forum
- Offers wireless information, news, reviews and discussion.
- Community for Wi-Fi industry professionals. Includes tutorials, columns, news and blogs.
- The executive's gateway to the wireless web. Customizable news, stocks, and information for surfing wirelessly.
- Offers calculators for wireless situations including Fresnel zones, free space loss and power budget.
Wireless Developer Network
- An information resource for developers and managers interested in mobile computing and wireless data applications.
- Forum for wireless discussion and support. Includes topics such as networking, hardware, VOIP and IPv6.
- A collection of wireless links.
Wireless Networking and Mobile IP References
- Wireless Networking and Mobile IP References
Wireless Networks Online
- Information on standards, regulations and technical innovations shaping the industry.
Wireless networking with a PowerBook 1400
- Step-by-step tutorial on putting an old Apple PowerBook online with 802.11b/Wi-Fi/AirPort wireless networking.
- Forum for wireless discussion and support. Includes topics such as networking, hardware, VOIP and IPv6. [RSS]
Usenet alt.internet.wireless -
Usenet comp.std.wireless -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, July 19, 2010 8:05:14 AM EDT -