become an editor
the entire directory
only in Formal_Language_Theory/Regular_Languages
Formal Language Theory
Open Directory - Computers: Computer Science: Theoretical: Formal Language Theory: Regular Languages
Computers: Computer Science: Theoretical: Automata Theory: Finite State Automata
Grammars for Regular Languages
- A series of pages showing that a regular grammar is either a right-linear or left-linear grammar.
- The formal definition of regular expressions, also used to define regular languages.
- A Wikipedia article on regular expressions with an informal discussion, a formal definition and examples.
Regular Expression Checks
- Online service for verification of regular expressions.
- Basic definitions of regular languages, how they are generated, closure properties, and comparison with context free languages.
- This site gives a recursive definition of the class of regular languages, discusses its closure properties and gives examples.
- This short chapter proves that regular languages are those accepted by finite state automata. [PDF]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 19:58:46 UTC -