become an editor
the entire directory
only in Computer_Science/Research_Institutes
Open Directory - Computers: Computer Science: Research Institutes
Theoretical Computer Science
Science: Math: Logic and Foundations: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Research Groups and Centers
This category in other languages:
Adaptive Modeling and Pattern Recognition Research Group
- Project descriptions, publications, and software/data downloads of new algorithms for modeling techniques, pattern recognition and optimization tasks. Part of the Center for Applied Computer Science, Berlin.
Advanced Simulation and Computing (ASC) at Livermore
- Computing alliance funded by the Department of Defense to research modeling and simulation. Information about current research.
- The Australian National University Supercomputer Facility provides computing infrastructure to students across Australia. FAQs and links to other resources.
Arctic Region Supercomputing Center
- Description of computing facilities and links to research projects.
ASCI (Sandia National Lab)
- Current research and archive of newsletters.
Bell Labs Computing Sciences Research Center
- Lucent Technologies, Murray Hill, NJ, USA.
- Basic Research in Computer Science, University of Aarhus, Denmark. News, projects, publications, personnel, meetings.
Caltech Center for Advanced Computing Research
- Provides facilities for computational science and engineering research at Caltech and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Research information, publications, and news.
Center for Advanced Studies, Research and Development in Sardinia
- Research into developing advanced simulation techniques and developing network distributed applications. Information about projects, staff, employment opportunities, and documentation.
Center for Computational Research
- SUNY Buffalo. Links to other supercomputing resources and information about educational outreach programs.
Center for Parallel Computers in Stockholm
- Provides computing resources primarily for Swedish academic research. Information about computing resources and research.
Center for Reliable and High Performance Computing
- The center focuses on research in the areas of high-performance computing, high-performance architectures, fault tolerance, and testing. Information about research groups.
Center for Scientific Computing
- Facility in Espoo, Finland. Research, collaborators, training, journals, and help desk.
Center for Software Reliability
- Group at University of Newcastle upon Tyne that conducts research on how to achieve improved dependability from computing systems.
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
- Bangalore, India. Research areas include parallel computing and multilingual technologies. Includes educational programs and conference schedule.
The Centre for Novel Computing
- Researches operating systems and compilers. Project descriptions and published papers available.
- The European Centre for Research and Advanced Training in Scientific Computation researches efficient algorithms for solving scientific problems. Information about research, seminars, and publications.
Computer Technology Institute
- In association with the Computer Engineering and Informatics department of the University of Patras. News and links to other organizations.
Cornell University Centre for Advanced Computing
- News, publications, and research.
- Computer Research Institute of Montreal. Information about the organization.
- The Swiss Center for Scientific Computing provides the Swiss research community with computing resources. Annual reports and papers available.
- University of Toronto Computer Systems Research Group promotes research in the design, implementation, and operating characteristics of complex computing systems. Research and searchable database of technical reports.
Czech Technical University
- Description of supercomputing facilities and research papers.
Digital Systems and Media Computing Laboratory
- Hellenic Open University. Fundamental and applied research in Image and Video Processing, Intelligent Information Access, Digital Libraries, Augmented Reality, and Semantic Web.
- The Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre provides computing resources to Edinburgh University and industry. Projects, technical support, and publications.
Foundations of Computing Science
- Universität Kaiserslautern, Fachbereich Informatik. Research and education in foundations of computer science. Staff, projects, publications.
Georgia Tech Research Institute
- GTRI is the applied research arm of the Georgia Institute of Technology. Provides details of the science and engineering expertise available, and how is can be used to solve problems facing government and industry.
German Research Center for AI
- Deduction and multiagent systems, information management and document analysis, intelligent user interfaces, intelligent visualization and simulation systems, language technology.
High Performance Computing Tools Group
- At the University of Houston. Research in parallel computing, compilers, performance benchmarking, and parallel languages.
High Performance System Software Laboratory
- University of Maryland, College Park. Group contact information and research description.
- University of Patras High Performance Computing Lab researches system software for parallel computing. Project descriptions and papers.
IBM Almaden Research Center
- Projects in software and hardware for data storage, scientific and technical applications and materials technology, based in San Jose, CA.
IBM Research Lab in Haifa
- Perform research and development such as VLSI design, verification technology, storage subsystems, computer systems, programming languages and environments, advanced applications, multimedia and service technologies.
- International Computer Science Institute at the University of California, Berkeley. Research groups and technical reports.
Information Systems Research Centres
- List maintained by Espen Andersen.
Innovative Computing Laboratory
- At the University of Tennessee. Research in various areas of high-performance computing. Publications, links to projects, and news.
Institute of Informatics, University of Bern
- Research projects, publications.
Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Information about research groups, papers, and projects.
Interdisciplinary Research Collaboration in Dependability of Computer-Based Systems
- Led by the University of Newcastle, UK. Addresses the dependability of computer-based systems. Information about research and job opportunities.
Jülich Supercomputing Centre
- Provides supercomputer resources for the scientific community in Germany. Research and publications.
- University of Victoria Laboratory for Parallel and Intelligent Systems is a research group with interests in concurrent systems, interconnection networks, neural networks, diagnosis and design automation
LORIA - Laboratoire Lorrain de Recherche en Informatique et ses Applications
- Presents this laboratory whose mission consists in fundamental and applied research in the field of information and communications sciences, training in engineering colleges and doctorate schools and transfer of technology. Nancy, France.
- The Laboratoire Spécification et Vérification is the Computer Science laboratory of the École Normale Supérieure de Cachan, with about twenty researchers, PhD students and post-docs on the themes of specification and verification.
Maui High Performance Computing Center
- Affiliated with the University of Hawaii. Training workshops and supercomputer documentation.
MCS at Argonne National Laboratory
- Description of past and present research using supercomputers, abstracts of publications, and links to software being developed at the lab.
Mechanical Systems Services - Southwest Research Institute
- Conducts research and applied engineering projects in a range of machine vision technologies.
Microsoft Research, Cambridge
- Research into distributed systems, hardware, information retrieval and analysis, integrated systems, machine learning, networking, and security. Project information and publications.
Mississippi Center for Supercomputing Research
- Provides high-performance computing support to the state-supported institutions of higher learning in Mississippi and the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Papers and description of computing resources.
MIT Laboratory for Computer Science
- Research in a variety of areas in computer science. Description of research, publications, and news.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing Division
- Research and development of high performance computing technologies, device modeling, nanotechnology, and scientific visualization. Information about research and publications.
NASA Intelligent Systems Division
- News, publications, research areas, projects and highlights, contractors, and contact information.
The National Center for Supercomputing
- Information about supercomputing applications and research in the United States.
NIST Information Technology Laboratory
- Describes programs and projects at the NIST Information Technology Laboratory, which supports the information technology industry with measurements, standards, and research.
NSF Science and Technology Center
- A collaboration of five universities researches scientific visualization. Information about the group and educational opportunities.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory Computer Science and Mathematics Division.
- Applied research in high performance computing, applied mathematics, and intelligent systems. Research and publication abstracts.
OFFIS Research Institute
- Oldenberg, Germany. Research and development in embedded systems, healthcare information and communication systems.
Ontario Research Center for Computer Algebra
- Researchers at ORCCA study algorithms and software systems for symbolic mathematical computation. At any given time a number of visitors and postdocs are hosted.
- Ohio Supercomputer Center. Innovations in computing, networking, and education.
- Institute for Informatics, University of Bergen, Norway. Description of computing facilities.
- Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center. Research, educational outreach, and supercomputing news.
- The Research and Development in Advanced Network Technology is a part of the Network Engineering Group (CIC-5) at Los Alamos National Laboratory. Publications bibliography and project descriptions.
Research Computing Centre at the University of Houston
- Research information, supercomputer documentation, and links to other facilities.
San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC)
- Provides cyberinfrastructure resources to scientists who require massive compute and data-handling capabilities to conduct their research. Publications, research, and news.
Scalable Computing Lab
- Iowa State University. Publications bibliography and description of computational resources.
Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute
- University of Utah. Researches visualization, imaging, and applications to biomedicine. Description of current projects.
- Scientific computing and visualization group at Boston University. Research in computational science and engineering, scientific visualization, and computer graphics.
Sun Microsystems Laboratories
- Applied research and advanced development in asynchronous and high-speed circuits, optical interconnects, third-generation web technologies, sensors, network scaling and Java technologies.
- Provides supercomputing resources to the University of Minnesota. Description of computers and technical support.
Swedish Institute of Computer Science
- Research focuses on distributed interactive real-time systems. Publications and software.
UK Science and Technology Facilities Council
- One of Europe's largest multidisciplinary research organisations supporting scientists and engineers world-wide. Includes details of its research in computational science.
University of York Management and Information Systems Research Group
- Aims to extend the discipline of information systems through a synthesis of the social and technical factors related to them.
USC Information Sciences Institute
- Technical reports, software, research groups.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, December 5, 2013 7:24:03 AM EST -