become an editor
the entire directory
only in ACM/Special_Interest_Groups
Special Interest Groups
ACM: Special Interest Groups Guide
- Lists the SIGs and their purposes, linking to each of them.
SIGACT: Algorithms and Computation Theory
- Fosters research in theoretical Computer Science, often with a focus on mathematical technique.
SIGAda: Ada Programming Language
- Focuses on the scientific, technical and organizational aspects of Ada's use and standardization.
SIGAPL: APL Programming Language
- Facilitates communication on the APL and J languages.
SIGAPP: Applied Computing
- Furthers the interests of those creating new computing applications or applying old solutions to new situations.
SIGARCH: Computer Architecture
- Serves those working in computer design in the academy or industry.
SIGART: Artificial Intelligence
- Provides support for AI-related conferences.
SIGCAPH: Computers and the Physically Handicapped
- Promotes the interests of those, both in the academy and industry, who do research and development in the application of technology to disabilities.
SIGCHI: Computer-Human Interaction
- Brings together people working on computers for human use, and fosters communication in the field of human-computer interaction.
SIGCOMM: Data Communication
- Forum for the discussion of communications and networking, including their technical and social implications, with a special focus on architecture.
SIGCSE: Computer Science Education
- Provides a forum for college educators working to develop, implement and evaluate components of Computer Science programs.
SIGDA: Design Automation
- Society for those involved in the application of computing to electrical and electronic design.
- Provides a conference and journal for those involved in the creation of computer documentation.
SIGGRAPH: Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques
- Dedicated to the "generation and dissemination of information on computer graphics and interactive techniques."
SIGIR: Information Retrieval
- "Addresses issues ranging from theory to user demands in the application of computers to the acquisition, organization, storage, retrieval, and distribution of information."
SIGKDD: Knowledge Discovery in Data and Data Mining
- Encourages data-mining research, market standards and education.
SIGMETRICS: Measurement and Evaluation
- Promotes research in performance analysis and the use of known methods.
SIGMIS: Management Information Systems
- Fosters communication on the management of information systems and computing personnel.
- Provides a forum for researchers and practitioners of multimedia computing.
SIGMOBILE: Mobility of Systems, Users, Data and Computing
- Publishes journals and supports conferences dealing with portable computers and wireless networking.
SIGMOD: Management of Data
- Promotes research and development of solutions to large-scale data management problems.
SIGOPS: Operating Systems
- Addresses issues dealing with operating systems research and development.
SIGPLAN: Programming Languages
- Explores the implementation and efficient use of programming languages.
SIGSAC: Security, Audit and Control
- Sponsors conferences and workshops on information security.
SIGSAM: Symbolic and Algebraic Manipulation
- Provides a forum to exchange ideas about the theoretical and practical aspects.
SIGSIM: Simulation and Modeling
- Promotes the advancement of simulation and modeling.
SIGSOFT: Software Engineering
- Provides a forum for discussion of principles, practices and research of software engineering.
SIGUCCS: University and College Computing Services
- Seeks professional development of those delivering the support and management of information technology to higher education.
SIGWEB: Hypertext, Hypermedia and the Web
- Provides a forum for the exchange of ideas regarding the research and application of hypermedia on the web and elsewhere.
Special Interest Groups
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 3, 2012 at 5:24:03 UTC -