become an editor
the entire directory
only in Computer_Science/Organizations
Open Directory - Computers: Computer Science: Organizations
Eta Kappa Nu
This category in other languages:
Australian Computer Society
- Promotes IT issues and professional development. Information about membership, publications, events, courses and exams and certification.
British Computer Society
- Promotes professional standards, advises UK government and represents the profession. Gives member, professional-development and event information and forums.
Computer Society of South Africa
- Promotes high standards for IT professionals in South Africa, and the protection of privacy standards. Includes society, member, project and event information.
Computing Research Association
- Seeks to strengthen research and education in computing fields. Membership, event and job information.
Council of European Professional Informatics Societies
- Promotes to European bodies the views of informatics professionals, encourages professional competence. Organization and professional standards information, position papers and online journal.
European Association for Computer Science Logic
- EACSL promotes computer science logic in the areas of scientific research and education, supporting both basic and application oriented research. The association also intends to advance the connections between basic research and industrial applications. EACSL organizes the Conference on Computer Science Logic (CSL) and grants the Ackermann Award for outstanding dissertations in Logic in Computer Science.
European Association for Theoretical Computer Science
- Aims to facilitate the exchange of ideas and results among theoretical computer scientists and to stimulate cooperation between theorists and practitioners. Has organization, publication and activities information and news.
Finnish Society for Computer Science
- Founded in 1982 to advance computer science research, promote new applications based on research, and to increase the collaboration between computer scientists and practitioners. Contains organization information. [English/Finnish/Swedish]
Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V.
- The German organization presents itself, its special interest groups, regional groups, advisory councils, awards and prizes.
IEEE Computer Society
- Promotes research and serves as a provider of technical information and standards to computing professionals. Has news, articles, organization and publication information, and suborganization information.
- An association of computer science departments and research laboratories in Europe and neighbouring areas. Events, archives, jobs.
Informatics Society of Iran
- Committed to the advancement of computer knowledge and standards in Iran. Introduction, membership information and past reports.
International Federation for Information Processing
- Seeks to foster collaborative research and to facilitate communication between those involved in Computer Science research, practice and use. Includes description, calendar, subgroup information and newsroom.
International Society for Computers and Their Applications
- Seeks to promote Computer Science and Engineering with a view towards applications. Includes information on the society and on membership, as well as conference and journal descriptions.
Norwegian Computer Society
- Offers IT workers professional development opportunities and gives the Norwegian government input on IT issues. English information includes a description of the group and its purpose. [Norwegian/English]
USENIX: The Advanced Computing Systems Association
- Supports IT professional development, and application-oriented research. Includes industry news, calendar and online magazine.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 1, 2014 at 18:36:29 UTC -