become an editor
the entire directory
only in Distributed_Computing/Research_Groups
Advanced Computing for Science
- Seeks to allow scientists to address complex and large-scale computing and data analysis problems beyond what is possible today. The department is developing software components which will operate in a distributed environment.
Caltech Parallel and Distributed Computing Group
- Research group at California Institute of Technology. Focus includes fault-tolerant cluster computing.
CMU Institute for Complex Engineered Systems
- Research focuses include high performance and high availability information systems. Home is in Carnegie Mellon's electrical and computer engineering department.
- Distributed Computing and Communications Laboratory: This lab pursues experimental research of networked systems. Our goal is to develop fundamental novel networking technologies and maximize their impact by exporting them to industry and academia.
Columbia University Network Computing Laboratory
- Research in experimental software systems to make personalized computing ubiquitously available, anytime and anywhere.
Distributed Computing Group
- The research interests of our group include: data structures and algorithms, distributed computing (e.g.: routing, file systems, and generally scalability and decentralization of data and algorithms), peer-to-peer computing, mobile computing, networking, ad-hoc networks, online algorithms and randomization.
The Distributed Group - LSI Dept. University of Seville
- University of Seville research group with a focus on developing description languages and tools for dealing with the complexity of multiparty interactions in internet-based applications and e-business systems.
Distributed Systems Group - Technical University of Vienna
- The Distributed Systems Group in the Information Systems Institute of the Technical University of Vienna conducts teaching and research in distributed computing.
- Indiana University Computer Science high performance distributed computing and grid computing lab.
Georgia Tech Systems Research Group
- Research group in the College of Computing. Focuses include distributed operating systems, mobile computing, discrete event simulation, and cluster computing for media applications.
- Reliable distributed computing research in Cornell University computer science department. Has information on Ensemble, a publicly distributed toolkit based on Horus research.
Illinois Systems Research Group
- Research focuses include distributed operating systems, middleware, and agent-based computing.
Imperial College (U. London) Distributed Software Engineering Group
- Research focus includes software development process and support for real-time distributed systems.
The Lee Center for Advanced Networking
- Research center at Caltech, supporting development of a global-scale wireless distributed computing system that connects people and appliances.
MIT Parallel & Distributed Operating Systems Group
- This group's focus is to build and investigate software systems for parallel and distributed environments. They have conducted research in operating systems, networking, mobile computing, language design, compiler design, and architecture, taking a pragmatic approach: "we build high-performance, reliable, and working systems."
MIT Theory of Distributed Systems Group
- MIT's Theory of Distributed Systems (TDS) research group works on a wide range of problems involving distributed and real-time systems. The work has a theoretical flavor, but is closely tied to practice. Roughly speaking, the research can be classified into: Formal Modeling and Verification, Algorithms, Data Structures and Lower Bounds, and Applications.
Modelling Concurrent Systems Group
- At RWTH Aachen. Projects, bibliography and some on-line articles.
MTA SZTAKI Laboratory of Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Computer and Automation Research Institute Research and consultation focusing on parallel and distributed software engineering. Affiliated with Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest.
ORNL Distributed Computing Project
- Oak Ridge National Lab has developed a world-wide reputation for its parallel and distributed computing research.
The Panic Lab Homepage
- The focus of our group is on Pervasive, Available, No-futs, Internet Computing (PANIC). Information and an archive of collected papers.
SRI Secure Systems Research
- Research focus on authentication and secure collaboration in networked systems. Part of SRI International's Computer Science Laboratory.
University of Cambridge
- Computer Laboratory Systems Research Group is the largest research area in the Computer Laboratory covering hardware, communications hardware and software, operating systems and distributed systems.
University of Texas Distributed Multimedia Computing Lab
- Research focus includes file systems, media transmission protocols, and operating system support for multimedia networking.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 2, 2014 at 11:25:02 UTC -