become an editor
the entire directory
only in Distributed_Computing/Platforms
Computers: Programming: Component Frameworks: COM: Distributed COM
Computers: Programming: Component Frameworks: CORBA
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Jini
Science: Biology: Bioinformatics: Software
Alchemi .NET Grid Computing Framework
- Alchemi is an open source software framework that allows you to painlessly aggregate the computing power of networked machines into a virtual supercomputer (computational grid) and to develop .NET applications to run on the grid.
Apple Advanced Computation Group - Xgrid
- Clustering software intended primarily for scientific researchers. Mac OS X only.
Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing (BOINC)
- Software platform for distributed computing using volunteered computer resources, allowing participants to participate in multiple projects. Software downloads, links to active projects, news, message boards, and other information.
Clustopium Cluster Server/Client System
- The next step to distributed computer systems, A complete Java framework for implementing MultiNodal processor farms. There is a demo, but the full implementation is for sale.
- Provides an infrastructure for true distributed computing projects. This includes applications as well as APIs for users to design and build their own projects.
Distributed Computing with HTTP, XML, SOAP, and WSDL
- Learn how various protocols fit into the big picture of the distributed computing arena.
- Research on the development of economic resource management and scheduling system for global grid computing. Description and papers.
- A non-profit organization created to provide supercomputing resources to public interest research, by use of volunteer distributed computing.
IBM Distributed Computing Environment
- IBM's product offering based on the DCE open standard for distributed computing.
IBM Distributed Computing Platform (DCP)
- A standardised approach for effective management of large numbers of desktops, devices, servers, applications and LAN’s from one centralised point.
Internet Based Distributed Super Computer
- Build a supercomputer using wasted CPU cycles of home and office computers. (A fledgling project looking for a sponsor and participants.)
- Language- and platform-independent protocol for peer-to-peer networking, developed by Sun. Initial implementation in Java. [Open Source, BSD-like]
- Generic middleware for creating a worldwide virtual computer.
Microsoft's Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM)
- Protocol that enables software components to communicate over a network in a reliable, secure, and efficient manner.
Object Management Group
- Distributed object computing industry standards group founded in 1989. Defined standards include CORBA and IIOP.
OSF Distributed Computing Environment (DCE)
- An industry-standard, vendor-neutral set of distributed computing technologies. Provides scalable organization of users and shared data, along with basic services such as security and naming.
Q²ADPZ - Collaborative Computing
- An Open-Source project that provides software to distribute work over many computers in a network. The machines are only used during idle-time.
- An open source and platform independent grid system that uses idle CPU cycles from participating computers. ZetaGrid solves one problem in practice: numerical verification of the Riemann Hypothesis.
MacDevCenter.com: Integrating Xgrid into Cocoa Applications, Part 2
- In Part 1, Drew McCormack showed how to install and start using Xgrid. Now in Part 2, he covers integration with Cocoa. (May 18, 2004)
MacDevCenter.com: Integrating Xgrid into Cocoa Applications, Part 1
- In this first of two articles exploring Xgrid, Drew McCormack provides a little background information, then moves to installation, and finishes off with a command-line script for distributing compilation using Xgrid. (May 11, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 29, 2015 at 9:45:10 UTC -