the entire directory
only in Computer_Science/Distributed_Computing
Open Source Internet Software
Computers: Mobile Computing
Computers: Software: Internet: Network Management
Computers: Software: Networking
This category in other languages:
- Introduction to distributed computing in English, French, or Spanish. Includes tutorials, history, and projects.
Albatross - Wide Area Cluster Computing
- A project to better understand application behavior on wide-area networks. Publications, talks, software, status.
The DC Zone
- A growing distributed computing community, currently focused on Folding@Home, Find-a-Drug, Grid.org, World Community Grid, and DIMES, though open to other projects.
The Distributed ASCI Supercomputer (DAS)
- An experimental wide-area distributed computing cluster used for parallel computing research at five Dutch universities.
Distributed Computing Primer
- Introduction to organising a distributed computing project.
Flash Mob Computing
- Home of the first Flash Mob Supercomputer and the official site for all things Flash Mob Computing.
Jeff Sutherland's Object Technology Site
- Breaking news on distributed computing, object technology, components, and business objects.
Mobile Information and Communication Systems
- Research on self organizing mobile ad hoc networking technology and infrastructure. Project proposals and publications.
Open Grid Forum (OGF)
- A community-initiated forum of individual researchers and practitioners working on distributed computing, or "grid" technologies.
Is Distributed Computing a Crime?
- Computer network administrator faces multiple felony charges and years in prison for allegedly installing Distributed.net clients without permission. [SecurityFocus] (December 20, 2001)
Distributed computing gets a corporate twist
- "Grid" technology has largely been an academic phenomenon, but IBM gives the idea a corporate twist with its Grid Computing Initiative. [CNet News] (August 01, 2001)
Kasparov Goes Bigger than Blue
- World chess champion Garry Kasparov, famous for tangling with IBM's Deep Blue supercomputer, takes on the world. His latest game uses distributed computing to connect any challenger. By Joyce Slaton. [Wired] (June 10, 1999)
Usenet comp.client-server -
Usenet comp.distributed -
Usenet comp.object.corba -
Usenet comp.parallel -
Usenet comp.theory.self-org-sys -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 19, 2014 at 16:05:09 UTC -