become an editor
the entire directory
only in Artificial_Life/Cellular_Automata
Open Directory - Computers: Artificial Life: Cellular Automata
Conway's Game of Life
Computers: Computer Science: Theoretical: Automata Theory
Algorithms based on CA Rule110 - Tiles
- Papers and other documents by Abdiel Caceres Gonzalez related with computability in normal evolutions of cellular automata, in particular with evolution rule 110, some studies about entropy and tiling with software for mac os X.
Ant for DOS 1.1
- An open source implementation of Langton's ant in Q-Basic. Supports older monitors; by Robin Upton.
- An application for simulating complex systems; by André Homeyer. Requires Java.
- A generic and extensible cellular automaton simulation engine written in Python.
Capow98 - Cellular Automata and Electric Power
- A Windows application that can simulate and analyze various one-dimensional and two-dimensional cellular automata, part of the Cellular Automata and Electric Power project lead by Dr. Rudy Rucker.
Cellular Automata and the Edge of Chaos
- David J. Eck's Java-illustrated introduction to 1-dimensional cellular automata.
Cellular Automata Generator
- An interactive cellular automata generator with C++ source code available for downloading; by Kevin McDermott.
Cellular Automata in Optical Mapping
- A Java applet demonstrating cellular automata models of cardiac dynamics; by Gil Bub.
Cellular Automata Laboratory
- An extendable DOS/Windows application for exploring cellular automata, accompanied by a thorough user guide; by Rudy Rucker and John Walker.
Cellular Automata Miscellanea
- A repository with cellular automata related papers, lectures and software concentrating on Rule 110 by Harold V. McIntosh.
Cellular Automaton Music
- Music samples generated using some popular cellular automata rules; by John Elliott.
Complex Computation Lab - Trend and jTrend
- 2D general-purpose cellular automata simulators for Unix or Java at Iowa State University.
Discrete Dynamics Lab
- Tools for researching discrete dynamical networks - from cellular automata to random boolean networks; by Andrew Wuensche.
Discrete, Amorphous Physical Models
- Minimal discrete models. Cellular automata-like animations without grids or synchronization; by Erik Rauch.
Five Cellular Automata
- Windows software implementing five cellular automata: q-state Life, Belouzov-Zhabotinsky Reaction, Togetherness, Viral Replication and Diffusion-Limited Aggregation; by Hermetic Systems.
Groovy Lava by NetPlay Software
- Cellular Automata software that uses probability theory with Conway's game of life rules to produce new and beautiful animations using DirectX 8.0.
- A hexagonal version of John Conway's game of life, for Windows and Macintosh.
- A Java demonstration of cellular automata on a hexagonal grid.
IFIP Working Group 1.5
- IFIP WG Cellular Automata and Machines home page. Resources on CA.
Introduction to Cellular automata
- (game of life, brian's brain...) available in PDF, illustrated with a program (CAV) and an applet which show the capability of a conway CA to manage boolean functions as part of a Turing machine(LogiCell).
Isle Ex Applet Cellsprings-Web
- A general 2D cellular automaton explorer implemented as a Java 1.1 applet. By John Elliott.
Jeffrey Ventrella's Artificial Life
- A collection of Jeffrey Ventrella's AL programs, including a very original "Breeding gliders with CA" simulator. Papers on Artificial Life.
Larger than Life
- Kellie Michele Evans' PhD thesis.
Lotus Artificial Life
- Reversible Cellular Automata, neighbourhoods, billiard ball machines, Java applets. By Tim Tyler.
- 1D and 2D Cellular Automata viewer, explorer and editor by Mirek Wojtowicz. Huge libraries of CA rules and patterns, gallery of CA rules, news, links. Free 32-bit Windows MCell software.
Mirek's Java Cellebration
- General Cellular Automata Java applet running over 200 rules from 12 CA families, equipped with a big library of patterns. By Mirek Wojtowicz.
Modern Cellular Automata
- Java powered plethora of live color cellular automata with traditional, fractal, pattern, and unique hexagonal cellular automata. Free software.
Moshe Sipper's Home Page
- Fine theoretical and practical introduction to Cellular Automata, ALife, and Complex Adaptive Systems.
The Primordial Soup Kitchen
- Colorful images and Java movies of Cellular Automata, with recipes to explain their genesis. Also some tasty Real Recipes. By David Griffeath.
- Home Page of SARCASim (Super Animation-Reduction CA Simulator) and ARCAL language, by George Maydwell.
- Structurally Dissolvable Self-Reproducing Loop and Evoloop, by Hiroki Sayama.
Stephen Wolfram's articles on Cellular Automata
- Technical articles by one of the leading CA researchers, concerning both 1D and 2D Cellular Automata.
Stone's Free Mac Programs
- Many free CA, ALife, and Chaos programs for Macs.
Universal Cellular Automaton
- A Java Applet for simulating all kind of cellular automata, including Conway's Game Of Life or snowflake generation rules. By Frank Buß.
Visions of Chaos
- Home page of a versatile Windows software by Jason Rampe. The program covers Cellular Automata, Chaos, and Fractals.
- A set of Cellular Automata simulators written for XWindows. By Mike Creutz.
Usenet comp.theory.cell-automata -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:05:05 AM EDT -