become an editor
the entire directory
only in Artificial_Intelligence/Philosophy
Philosophy of Mind
Science: Social Sciences: Cognitive Science
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Cognitive
Stevan Harnad E-Prints on Cognitive Psychology
- Papers on categorical perception, the symbol grounding problem, and consciousness, with particular emphasis on the philosophy of AI.
Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness
- ASSC "promotes research directed toward understanding the nature, function, and underlying mechanisms of consciousness."
Being Real by Judith S. Donath
- This appears in Goldberg, K. (ed.) The Robot in the Garden: Telerobotics and Telepistemology in the Age of the Internet, MIT Press
Brain in a Vat
- Can bad men make good brains do bad things?
Brain-Mind: Know Thyself
- Philosophy of mind for artificial intelligence. This paper was originally commissioned by and published in NOVEMBER Magazine. Links will lead to the free full text of the book, Ai4u: Mind-1.1 Programmer's Manual By Arthur T Murray
A Definition of AI
- A proposition for a formal definition of AI.
Dictionary of Philosophy of Mind
- A collection of terms, definitions, and scholarly works on the topic of Philosophy of Mind that provides useful background material for the study of artificial intelligence theory.
The Digital Philosopher
- by Harvey Blume Can robotics shed light on the human mind? On evolution? Daniel Dennett -- whose work unites neuroscience, computer science, and evolutionary biology -- has some provocative answers. Is he on to something, or just chasing the zeitgeist?
Epistemological Perspectives on Simulation
- Discussion of the epistemological status of simulation in a cross-disciplinary setting could contribute to a deeper understanding of relevant issues and so it proved.
God Is the Machine
- In the beginning there was 0. And then there was 1. A mind-bending meditation on the transcendent power of digital computation. By Kevin Kelly
Knowbotic Interface Project
- "A philosophical and scientific exploration in the art of digital modelling of the human consciousness"
MainFrame: Artificial Intelligence
- Material on Artificial Intelligence as engineering with emphasis on the exploitation of logic. A topography is presented with logic at the center.
A Philosophical Encounter by Aaron Sloman
- In Proceedings 14th International Joint Conference on AI Montreal, August 1995: `A philosophical encounter: An interactive presentation of some of the key philosophical problems in AI and AI problems in philosophy.'
Philosophy of Artificial Intelligence
- Contemporary Philosophy of Mind: An Annotated Bibliography. A massive listing.
- The Principia Cybernetica Project (PCP) is an international organization that tries to tackle age-old philosophical questions with the help of the most recent cybernetic theories and technologies. Stated more precisely, the Project's aim is the computer-supported collaborative development of an evolutionary-systemic philosophy.
Sentience: The next moral dilemma
- By Richard Barry: Humankind will have to decide how to live with a new sentient race. Sometime in the future machines will reach a level of intelligence that will challenge, or even surpass our own.
What Robots Can & Can't Be
- Essay by Selmer Bringsjord argues that AI will continue to produce machines with the capacity to pass stronger versions of the Turing Test but that the "Person Building Project" will inevitably fail. Abstract and chapter summations.
Usenet comp.ai.edu -
Usenet comp.ai.philosophy -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 30, 2015 at 1:37:15 UTC -