the entire directory
only in Artificial_Intelligence/People
Fuzzy Intelligence People
Neural Networks People
Computers: Computer Science: People
Computers: History: Pioneers
Computers: Robotics: History: People
- Harvard University. Statistical and computational elements for the analysis of complex graphs and interacting dynamical systems, including yeast molecular biology and social networks. Overview of publications and activities.
- University of Bahrain. Multimedia adaptable intelligent tutoring systems, student modeling, cognitive style.
Allen, James F.
- University of Rochester. Natural language understanding, discourse, knowledge representation, common-sense reasoning and planning.
- University of Toronto. Planning systems, temporal logic, constraint satisfaction problems and formal models.
- Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg, Germany, On-line handwriting recognition.
Beal, Matthew J.
- University at Buffalo, SUNY. Nonparamtric Bayes, bioinformatics, HMMs, probablisitic sensor fusion.
Benjamin, D. Paul
- Pace University. Problem decomposition and theory reformulation, integrated cognitive architectures for autonomous robots, distributed constraint satisfaction problems, semigroup theory and dynamical systems, category theory in software design.
Biermann, Alan W.
- Duke University. Computational linguistics, automatic programming and inference.
- Carnegie Mellon University. Interests include machine learning, approximation algorithms, on-line algorithms and planning systems. Online publications and talks.
- Director of the Information Processing Technology Office (IPTO) at DARPA. Knowledge representation, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing.
- University of Delaware. Department of Computer and Information Sciences Chair. Computational linguistics, dialog systems, machine learning, planning and plan recognition, medical informatics, user modeling.
- University of Washington (Educational Psychology/Learning Sciences/LIFE Center). Human-robot attachment; robot-human interaction in stressful conditions, especially in dyad teamwork or collaborative situations.
- Universitat Politechnica de Catalunya, PhD student, machine learning, natural language processing.
Carroll, John A.
- University of Sussex. Natural language parsing, acquisition of lexical information from text, automatic generation of text from semantic representations.
- Carnegie Mellon University. Gesture and narrative language, animated agents, intonation, facial expression, computer vision.
- University of Colorado - Boulder. Acoustic and lexical features of emphatic speech.
- Brown University. Part-of-speech tagging, probabilistic context-free grammar induction, syntactic disambiguation through word statistics, efficient syntactic parsing, and lexical resource acquisition through statistical means.
Chavez, Guillermo Camara
- Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG), Brazil. Pattern recognition, invariante pattern recognition, neural networks, image content-base retrieval, digital image processing, computer vision.
- Geosemble Technologies. Computer vision, image processing, pattern recognition, geospatial information integration.
Clough, Paul D.
- University of Sheffield. Information retrieval.
- University of British Columbia. User modeling, emotionally intelligent agents, adaptive user interfaces, Bayesian network student models.
- Carnegie Mellon School of Computer Science. Phd Student. Intersection of computer science and game theory, computer science and economics, multiagent systems, automated negotiation and contracting.
Cortes, Nareli Cruz
- CINVESTAV-IPN. Artificial immune system optimization, genetic algorithms, evolutionary computation.
- Technical University of Cluj. Image processing, stereovision, intelligent vehicles.
- ENSEEIHT, France, Computer Science engineer, Artificial Intelligence (dialogue simulation, speech acts, PROLOG), Python, lexical and syntactic parsing.
Di Eugenio, Barbara
- University of Illinois at Chicago. Interpretation and generation of instructional text, computational models of tutorial dialogue, modeling collaboration in human-human and computer-human dialogues, referential expressions.
- Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium. Research projects in Ant algorithms, metaheuristics for combinatorial optimization, robot shaping and behavior engineering.
- University of Amsterdam. Applications of geometric (Clifford) algebra, exploration, reasoning with uncertainty in robotics.
- Academic College of Tel-Aviv-Yaffo. Text categorization, machine learning applications in bioinformatics, medicine, machine vision and high energy physics, feature selection for categorization and regression problems, artificial neural networks.
- DePaul University. Affective reasoning, synthetic characters, animated tutoring agents, emotion representation.
- School of Computer Science and Informatics, University College Dublin. Automated information extraction using convergent boundary classification, machine learning for automatic genre classification, active learning for information extraction.
- Northwestern University. Qualitative physics, spatial reasoning, cognitive simulation of analogical processing.
- University of Quebec at Montreal. Learning objects, cognitive modelling, virtual learning environments and intelligent tutoring systems.
- Università di Firenze. Machine learning for sequential and structured data, bioinformatics, text and natural language, pattern recognition.
- iKuni, Inc. Game AI, machine learning, and knowledge representation.
- University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. Heuristic search, planning and re-planning, reinforcement learning.
- University of Eastern Piedmont. User profiling, hierarchical HMMs, learning regular expressions.
- RIKEN Brain Science Institute. Neural networks, artificial intelligence, neuroscience, fuzzy logic, rule acquisition, rule extraction from neural networks, Autonomous Connectionistic Engine (ACE), neural network resources.
- University of Minnesota. Distributed intelligence, cooperation of miniature robots, robot navigation, multi-agent systems for e-commerce and supply-chain, economic agents.
Goel, Ashok K.
- Georgia Tech. Knowledge-based reasoning and learning, design cognition and computing, creativity, self-adaptation.
Goyal, Ram Dayal
- Intigma India. Data mining, natural language processing, data mining, neural networks, image processing.
- University of Liverpool. Computational models of natural argument, affective natural language generation, conflict resolution.
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Intelligent multimedia presentation systems, argumentation models, automatic generation of textual summaries of graphs, interactive narrative, conversation agents, user modeling.
Guinn, Curry I.
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington. Natural language processing, spoken dialog systems, conversational agents, affective computing.
Guvenir, H. Altay
- Bilkent University. Machine learning, data mining, and computer-aided language learning.
Harmelen, Frank van
- Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam. Approximate reasoning, medical protocols, semantic web, specification languages for KBS.
- Stanford University. Extempo Systems. Intelligent interactive characters, interactive story telling, adaptive intelligent agents.
- University of California at Berkeley. Data mining, information retrieval, user interfaces, web search.
- Does research on machine learning, knowledge representation, data mining, big data, information integration, probabilistic models, bioinformatics, social informatics, and health informatics.
Hoos, Holger H.
- University of British Columbia. Preference elicitation, dynamic constraint optimization, satisfiability problems in propositional logic, computational musicology.
- Microsoft Research. Decision theory, reasoning systems, user modeling, reasoning under uncertainty.
- Tufts University. Human-computer interaction, tangible user interfaces, virtual environments, eye-gaze tracking.
- Affective computing, computational models of human emotion.
- MIT / Harvard. Machine learning applied to medicine, eHealth, and Electronic Medical Records (EHR) and Patient Health Records.
- University of Minnesota. Computer science and economics, multiagent systems, automated negotiation and contracting.
- University of Southern California. Decision making, situated agents, distributed agents.
Krogt, Roman van der
- Post-doctoral researcher at the Cork Constraint Computation Centre (4C). Working on multiagent planning methods as well as scheduling for manufacturing.
- Christopher Newport University. Natural language processing, planning and plan recognition, belief models, negotiation.
- Florida International University. Emotional intelligence, computational models of emotions and affective processes, affective computing.
Litman, Diane J.
- University of Pittsburgh. Spoken dialogue for intelligent tutoring systems, reinforcement learning for optimizing spoken dialogue agents, prosodic analysis of misrecognitions and corrections, plan recognition.
- Rutgers. Planning under uncertainty, markov decision processes, reinforcement learning, latent semantic indexing, text retrieval.
- MIT Media Laboratory. Philosophically motivated AI, commonsense reasoning, aesthetics and AI, assistive software agents, lexical semantics, story understanding.
- Ohio University. School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. Medical image analysis, computer vision.
- Kingston University. Senior lecturer and member of the Digital Imaging Research Centre. Research in 3D pose recovery, motion analysis and multi-camera tracking.
- Stanford University. Probabilistic parsing, grammar induction, text categorization and clustering, electronic dictionaries, information extraction and presentation, and linguistic typology.
Mantaras, Ramon Lopez de
- Spanish Council for Scientific Research (CSIC) and Deputy Director of the Artificial Intelligence Research Institute of the CSIC. AI and music, qualitative approaches to landmark-based robot navigation.
- University of Colorado, Boulder. Empirical metaphor research, latent semantic analysis, information retrieval, co-author of "Speech and Language Processing" with Dan Jurafsky.
- University of Delaware. Rehabilitation engineering, writing tool for American Sign Language, natural language generation, text summarization, graph summarization.
- Researcher in Knowledge Representation and Reasoning Systems. Co-designer and developer of CLASSIC and Chimaera among others. Associate Director of the Knowledge Systems Laboratory at Stanford University.
- University of Washington. Machine learning, probabilistic reasoning, graphical probability models, tree belief networks and mixtures of trees, maximum entropy discrimination, spectral clustering and image segmentation.
- University of Zaragoza. Ph.D. student. Mobile agents, intelligent user interfaces, adaptive user interfaces, mobile applications.
- Research interests: Computational Linguistics, Information Retrieval, Automated Deduction. Site lists on-line publications, projects, activities, and contact info.
Moore, Johanna D.
- University of Edinburgh. Computational modeling of tutorial dialogue, multimedia explanation, integrated techniques for interpretation and generation, patient education.
- Albert-Ludwigs-Universität, Freiburg, Germany. Professor. Knowledge representation, planning, and robotics, with an emphasis on robotic soccer.
- Artificial Intelligence, natural language, Lisp and Java in AI. Computational Sciences Division, NASA Ames Research Center.
- University of Texas at El Paso. Department of Computer Science Chair. Spoken dialog models, mediated communication, user interface development methodologies.
- Director of the Missouri Estimation of Distribution Algorithms Laboratory (MEDAL), University of Missouri in St. Louis. Research interests: Evolutionary computation, Bayesian networks, machine learning.
- CRIP5 - Paris 5 Laboratory. Multi-agent systems, planning and scheduling, distributed problem solving, cooperative robotics.
Pennock, David M.
- Yahoo! Research Labs. Electronic commerce, internet statistics, uncertain reasoning, decision theory, market approaches to group coordination, multiagent systems.
- MIT. Affective computing, texture and pattern modeling, video and image browsing, retrieval and annotation.
- Szczecin Technical University (Poland). Machine learning and knowledge (data) mining, optimal (kalman) filtering, expert and decision support systems.
Pinheiro da Silva, Paulo
- Stanford University. Explanations for semantic web tasks, semantic web tools and infrastructure, model-based user interfaces, formal specification and verification of interactive systems.
- Australian National University. Legal expert systems.
- The Flinders University of South Australia. Natural language learning, unsupervised learning, data mining, home automation, web search.
- Carnegie Mellon University. Information retrieval, extraction and management, natural language processing, Chinese computing, dialog and discourse processing, machine translation, cooperative human-computer interaction.
- Stanford University. Question answering systems, machine learning, probabilistic models, robotics.
- University of Edinburgh. Multimodal systems, natural language generation, structural priming/alignment in dialogue, rhetorical analysis.
- Computer Scientist and Software Developer. Research interests: Automated Reasoning, Theorem Prover Vampire, Semantic Technologies, Semantic Web, Natural Language Processing.
- Oxford. Robotics Research Group. Machine learning, Bayesian learning, data-driven inference, signal and image processing, bioinformatics, computational and mathematical biology.
- University of Toronto. Researcher in pattern recognition, neural networks, artificial intelligence.
- Carnegie Mellon University. Speech recognition, CMU Communicator, dialog systems, speech agents.
- Head of the mobile robotics lab at Orebro University, Sweden. Research area: integration of cognition and physical embedding in autonomous robots.
- Stanford University. Statistical NLP, text mining, Co-author of "Foundations of Statistical Natural Language Processing" with Christopher Manning.
- MIT Laboratory for Computer Science. Phonological modelling, auditory modelling, computer speech recognition, statistical language modelling, natural language understanding and generation, discourse and dialogue modelling, and prosodic analysis.
Simon, Herbert A.
- Late Professor at Carnegie Mellon University. One of the founders of Artificial Intelligence. Research mainly in modeling and simulation of human cognition.
Smith, Ronnie W.
- East Carolina University. Spoken natural language dialog systems, dialog repairs, mixed-initiative, adaptive user interfaces.
- Research topics: semantic web, knowledge management, and natural language processing. List of his publications, projects, courses taught, contact information.
- Virginia Tech. Cumulative (lifelong, multi-task) learning and evolution of language.
- College of Economics and Computer Science, Olsztyn, Poland. Unmanned aerial vehicles. Autonomous systems.
- University of Groningen. Cognition, ACT-R, learning rules and productions.
Tack, Werner H.
- Universität des Saarlandes. ACT-R cognitive modeling.
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington. Classification of sonar returns, fingerprint matching, image compression, and constraint satisfaction.
- University of Minnesota. Computer-mediated communication, social data mining, computer-supported cooperative work, recommender system.
- C.V., list of awards, publications, memberships, projects, and conferences. Interests in neural networks.
Traum, David R.
- USC Institute for Creative Technology. Discourse structure. Grounding in discourse. Dialog and virtual reality agents.
- professor of Artificial Intelligence at the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam. Research interests include multi-agent systems, compositional modelling, temporal semantics, common sense and nonmonotonic reasoning.
- Cambridge, England. Cryptic crossword solving; anagrams; search; computer chess; knowledge representation.
Turney, Peter D.
- Interactive Information Group, National Research Council of Canada. Machine learning applied to natural language processing, lexical semantics from web mining, artificial life.
- University of Potsdam. Abductive Inference Model, Hindi sentence processing, wide-coverage theories of sentence processing.
- University of Maryland at Baltimore County. Intelligent agents in eBusiness, adaptive agents.
- Universität des Saarlandes. Multimodal and perceptive user interfaces, user modeling, ambient intelligence, embodied conversational agents, smart navigation systems, semantic web services, and resource-adaptive cognitive technologies, VERMOBIL.
Weerdt, Mathijs de
- Researcher in multi-agent planning at Delft University of Technology. Tutorial on multi-agent planning, list of own publications and publications related to distributed AI.
- University of Sheffield. Computational pragmatics, belief modeling, lexicons, information extraction.
- Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics. Design and analysis of algorithms, phase transitions, logic programming, data mining.
Zillman, Marcus P.
- Creator/Founder BotSpot.com, Executive Director Virtual Private Library
- INRA Toulouse. Bioinformatics, weighted constraint satisfaction problems, non-coding RNAs.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 19, 2015 at 17:54:08 UTC -