become an editor
the entire directory
only in Compression/Researchers
Open Directory - Computers: Algorithms: Compression: Researchers
Computers: Algorithms: People
Computers: Computer Science: People
Science: Math: Numerical Analysis: Wavelets: Researchers
- Lossless data compression based on the Burrows-Wheeler Transformation (BWT), medical image processing, consultant for project management.
- Works at JPL. Information-ZIP, gzip, zlib, and PNG.
Battilana, Michael C.
- Text compression, Lempel-Ziv coding, author of "The GIF Controversy: A Software Developer's Perspective".
Bell, Timothy C.
- Author of "Managing Gigabytes." CS department head at the University of Canterbury.
- Audio-visual interaction and collaboration, video coding and multimedia communication.
- Perfect reconstruction filter banks, wavelets, video compression. Assistant Professor at New Mexico State University.
Delp, Edward J.
- Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Communication Theory. Professor at Purdue.
- Professor of Electrical Engineering at Caltech. Communications, compression, information theory, image processing.
- Perfect Reconstruction Non-Linear Filter Banks, the Motion Transform. Formerly a student at Georgia Tech.
Fowler, James E.
- Assistant professor at Mississippi State. Image and video processing and coding.
Frey, Brendan J.
- Assistant Professor at the University of Waterloo. Source coding, computer vision, and interative decoding.
- Author of gzip, zlib, coauthor of "The Data Compression Book. "
- Author of the Archive Comparison Test (data compression benchmarks) and researcher in the area of cryptography and distributed computing.
Gray, Robert M.
- Vector quantization for signal compression and classification.
- IRISA, Rennes. Robust source coding, joint source/channel codes. Publications, resources, teaching.
- Universal algorithms, multiresolution methods, wavelets and fractals, rate-distortion theory, and quantizer theory.
- University of Melbourne. Interests include text, image, and index compression.
- Image and video processing. Assistant Professor of ECE at UIUC.
- Coauthor of "The Data Compression Book." Addisoft Consulting, Inc.
- Joint Source-channel coding, image and video processing. Assistant professor at University of Texas at Dallas.
- Digital Image and Video Communication Systems, Adaptive and Multiresolution Compression Techniques, and Joint Source-Channel Coding For Transmission Over Broadcast Channels and Packet Networks. Assistant Professor at USC.
Pearlman, William A.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY. Research interests and publications.
- Computer vision, image processing, motion, and compression.
- The Data Compression Conference.
- Hochschule für Telekommunikation, Leipzig, (University of Applied Sciences). Field: Information and Coding Theory. Research interests: Data compression, image coding, signal processing. Textbook on Image Data Compression.
- Rate-distortion theory, source coding. Professor at Princeton.
- Huffman Coding (including n-ary Huffman Template Algorithm). At Tadiran Scopus.
- Chair of CS department at Duke. Interests include dynamic Huffman codes, arithmetic coding, lossless image compression, and motion compensation for video coding.
Williams, Ross N.
- Variations on Lempen Ziv coding.
Witten, Ian H.
- Coauthor of "Managing Gigabytes." Professor of CS at the University of Waikato.
- Professor at Berkeley. Image and video compression.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, November 12, 2012 3:15:35 PM EST -