become an editor
the entire directory
only in Resources/Research
Textiles and Nonwovens
3T Textil Technologie Transfer GmbH
- Germany. Spin-off from the Aachen Institute of Textile Technology, involved in research, development and technology transfer related to the production of textiles and textile machinery. English and German.
AITEX. Technological Textile Institute
- Spain. Private non-profit research, development and training institute for companies and individuals involved in the textile industry, dedicated to the promotion of innovation and technological development. Technical consultancy. Testing, auditing and certification services. English and Spanish.
Australian Wool Services, Ltd
- Research and development institute of the Australian wool textile industry, involved in the commercialisation of wool technologies and innovations, technical consulting, business information and commercial testing of wool fabrics. Owners of the Woolmark, Woolmark Blend and Wool Blend quality trademarks. Information about fiber processing technologies and wool marketing. Calendar of events. Links to related sites.
BTRA. Bombay Textile Research Association
- India. Institute for applied research, testing and development, created by the Indian textile and nonwovens, man-made fibers, textile machinery, dyestuffs and chemicals manufacturing industries.
Canesis Network, Ltd
- New Zealand. Independent organization that evolved from the Wool Research Organization of New Zealand (WRONZ), dedicated to providing textile technology, research and development services, and commercial and marketing expertise and capabilities to the textile industry. Articles and papers on PDF files. Includes directory of partner companies.
Center for Material & Fibre Innovation
- Australia. Research and development center of the Deakin University, involved in natural and manufactured fibers, functional textiles, and fiber to fabric processing and quality testing.
- Italy. Center for testing, research, development and training, created by textile companies, trade organisations and government. Also, certification and calibration services. English and Italian.
- Czech Republic. Textile research and development center, focused on education, and information and technology transfer. Based in the Technical University of Liberec. English and Czech.
CLOTEFI. Textile, Clothing and Fiber Technological Development Company SA
- Greece. University of Athens institute for textile and garment research and development, active in technical, information and consultancy services, training and international cooperation.
- South Africa. Sourcing and developing of science and technologies for the African industry. Design, development and laboratory services for the textile, clothing and related industries. Also, technology acquisition and implementation.
CTA. China Textile Academy
- Government institution dedicated to chemicals, textile, nonwovens and fiber related research, development, testing and standardization. English and Chinese.
CTR. Centre for Textile Research
- Denmark. University of Copenhagen center of excellence, dedicated to textile related research and development activities. Calendar of events. Links to related sites.
- Canada. Private, non-profit corporation devoted to improving productivity in the textile, geosynthetic and para-textile industries. Applied research and testing services for textile materials and products. English and French.
DTNW. German Center for Textile Research
- Germany. Non-profit organization, funded by industry and government, involved in fundamental and applied research in production processes and performance of textiles. Based in the University of Duisburg.
- Germany. Private company for contract research in all fields of the engineering sciences. Industrial research in textile technology development and automated processing techniques. Also, textile testing services. English and German.
IFTH. French Textile and Apparel Institute
- Research and development institute of the French textile and apparel industry, focused on education, training, certification and knowledge transfer. Technical publications. Links to related sites.
- Colombia. Private, not-for-profit foundation, dedicated to research, publication, education and training, and the sponsoring of trade events in the Colombian textile and apparel manufacturing industry. English and Spanish.
INNOVATEXT. Textile Engineering and Testing Institute
- Hungary. Research, development and testing institute for the Hungarian textile and apparel industries. Links to partner organizations. English and Hungarian.
The Institute of Textile Science
- Canada. Science and technology institute of the Canadian textile industry, involved in research, development and educational activities, standardisation, knowledge transfer and technical publications.
Irspin. Slovene Spinning Industry Development Center
- Slovenia. Cooperative project of industry and academia, dedicated to the development and promotion of education, research and development activities in materials, processes and products in the Slovene textile industry. Lists of projects and member organizations. English and Slovenian.
ISMAC. Institute for Macromolecular Studies
- Italy. Research institute, focused on the properties, and chemical and physical characteristics of textile materials, industrial process technologies, the development of new analytical laboratory methods and the working environment. English and Italian.
KDTI. Korea Textile Development Institute
- Non-profit, public institute for textile testing, development, research and education. English and Korean.
LEITAT. Textile Technology Center
- Spain. Center for research, development and technological services in the textile and related industries. Technical testing, certification and consulting for fibers, yarns, fabrics and textile products. English, Catalan and Spanish.
MCCT. Montreal Centre for Contemporary Textiles
- Canada. Non-profit corporation, dedicated to research, design, innovation, development and dissemination of information related to the crafts of weaving and spinning. Links to educational programs and related web sites. English and French.
Mikawa Textile Research Institute
- Japan. Government and industry sponsored institute, involved in research and development on textile manufacturing, processing and finishing technologies. Also, technical consultancy. English and Japanese.
- European wide cooperative research project of national textile organizations, ained at developing a roadmap for mass customisation and personalisation for integrated products and services in the carpet, upholstery and technical textile markets. Links to partner sites. English and German.
NITRA. Northern India Textile Research Association
- Part of a group of four facilities, involved in basic and applied scientific research and development for the textile industry. Also, testing and consultancy services, and organizers of seminars and workshops. List of publications.
- Italy. Textile research and design company, specialised in silk, cotton, polyester, polyamide and blended fabric development. Also, technical finishing for sportswear applications. English and Italian.
SASMIRA. Synthetic and Art Silk Mills' Research Association
- India. Cooperative venture of the Indian fiber and textile industry, dedicated to basic and applied research in polymers and intermediates, man-made fiber, yarns and textile fabrics. Also, commercial consulting and testing services. List of publications and journals.
TAM. Textile Research Center
- Turkey. Research and education institute, and technical consultancy of the Turkish textile industry in cooperation with the Ege University. English and Turkish.
Texmedeco. Textile and Health Scientific Network
- Poland. Cooperative initiative of research and development centers in the fields of textiles, medicine and occupational medicine. List of member organizations. Calendar of events. English and Polish.
The Textile Research Institute
- Poland. Textile research and development center, specialised in manufacturing technology and testing of technical and furnishing fabrics, and jacquard pattern design. Also, production of woven fabrics for upholstery and furnishing. English and polish.
Textiles Intelligence, Ltd
- UK. Textile research and publishing company. Business information on the global fiber, textile and apparel industries. Searchable database of market reports. Link to glossary of industry terms.
- France. Non-profit association of European textile research organizations, dedicated to knowledge transfer, facilitate the establishment of trans-national projects, develop and maintain co-operative links with professional and textile associations, and provide a forum for the promotion of technical progress within the European textile industry. Links to member and partner sites.
- Germany. Institute for research, development, service, consulting, testing and professional training in the textile industry. English and German.
TMTE. Hungarian Society of Textile Technology and Science
- Research and information exchange organization for engineers, technicians, economists and entrepreneurs in the textile and garment industries. English, Hungarian and German.
ÖTI. Austrian Textile Research Institute
- Austria. Independent institute for research and testing in the apparel, flooring and technical textiles industries, fiber and polymer technology, and healthcare and ecology standards and labelling. Also, consulting and training services. Links to related sites. English and German.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 12, 2014 at 3:21:14 UTC -