become an editor
the entire directory
only in Resources/Education
Textiles and Nonwovens
Open Directory - Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Textiles: Resources: Education
The Bedding Site
- Consumer information on beds, mattresses. bed linens, quilts, pillows and accessories. FAQ and glossary of terms. Fabric care symbols guide on PDF file. On/line shopping facility.
Bradford Textile Society
- UK. Membership organization for students, technicians, researchers and professionals in the yarn and textile industry, primarily focused on knowledge transfer in manufacturing and management.
Custom Home Furnishings Network
- USA. Information resource, consultants, and organisers of classes and conferences for individuals and companies in the custom home furnishings market. Bookstore and discussion forum. Links to related sites.
- Educational resource on the origins, history and manufacturing processes of textile fabrics and the evolution of fashion. Includes links to information on natural and man-made fibers, apparel history and culture, and color significance and uses. From The Thinkquest Library.
- Educational resource for textile fabrics, home furnishings and care. Retailer and consumer information, educational presentations from fiber and fabric manufacturers, on-line textile seminar and product knowledge center. Dictionary of fabric terms and consumer guides.
Fashion Group International, Inc
- USA. World wide, non-profit professional organization for the fashion apparel, accessories, beauty and home furnishing industries, aimed at promoting educational programs devoted to fashion and to the study of fashion related businesses through the creation and awarding of scholarships, establishment of internship programs and the provision of career counseling services.
- UK. Developers of CD-rom based multi-media textile learning and training products. Subsidiary of the University of Leeds.
Old Boys’ Association of the Government Central Textile Institute Kanpur
- India. Organization of former and current students of the Kanpur Central Textile Institute, dedicated to the organization of seminars, conferences and informal meetings aimed at knowledge transfer and the maintenance of social contacts.
Sewing Educator Alliance
- USA. Mentoring and support organisation of the Sewing and Vacuum Dealers Trade Association, created for sewing educators and focusing on training, education and networking activities. Members' directory.
Silk Duvet Guide
- Information resource, providing advice on silk filled duvets and silk bedding products. Silk care information, silk varieties, history of silk and description silk grades.
Textiles New Zealand
- Collaborative project of government and industry, dedicated to market and export promotion, education and training, and the improvement of performance of New Zealand's textile, carpet, footwear and apparel industries.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:45:07 PM EST -