become an editor
the entire directory
only in Resources/Development_Projects
Textiles and Nonwovens
Open Directory - Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Textiles: Resources: Development Projects
Articles and Studies
- European Commission research program, dedicated to cross-sectoral development of novel hybrid textile structures integrating multifunctional Shape Memory Alloys (SMAs) and the related processing techniques, as well as design, simulation and organisational methodologies, to enable the integration of such textile structures into novel high performance products in the fields of smart wearable systems and textile reinforcements for technical applications. Links to partner sites.
CETA. China-Europe Textile Alliance
- Development project of European textile and apparel organizations, aiming to familiarise European companies in the textile and garments industry with the working practices of the Chinese textile industry, the Chinese production capacity, the distribution structure of the Chinese market and the channels for entering the market.
- Italy. Providers of engineering, scientific and construction management services to civil and industrial projects. Ongoing Space 2 Tex project, co-funded by the European Community, focused on the development of a novel concept of a compact, high efficiency and cost-effective waste treatment plant for water recycling in textile finishing processes.
ETN. European Textile Network
- Cooperative partnership of government, industry, educational institutes and museums, promoting and organizing textile related cultural exchanges to further European unity. Searchable directories of exhibitions, conferences and event organizers. English, German and French.
Euro Textil Region
- Cooperative network of associations in the textile and apparel manufacturing industry covering Eastern Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic, aimed at creating employment, market exploration, research and development of new technologies, and business development projects. Links to partners and related sites. Multi-lingual site.
The Godene Fibre Project
- Namibian development project, aiming to promote and merchandise recently discovered fibers from the Euphorbia Gregaria and the Euphorbia Damarana plants to the textile and composite industries. Descriptions of the fiber and its economic potential, and project structure.
International Working Group on Global Organic Textile Standard
- Organisation founded by organic cotton producers, the textile industry, consumers, and standard organisations and certifiers, with the aim to promote harmonisation of the various regional approaches and to develop a globally accepted quality standard for organic textiles.
- Switzerland. Independent research and development laboratory involved in computer science and electrical engineering, physics and mathematics, virtual environment systems and multimedia, architecture and design, anthropometric body modelling and psychology. Cloth animation development projects for the textile fabric and fashion industry. Technical papers on PDF files.
- Development project within the framework of the European Union's PHARE program, which aims to prepare and reorganize the textile and apparel associations of selected Central and Eastern European Countries (CEEC) in anticipation of EU membership.
- Belgium. European Union sponsored follow-up to the Partex and Seetex projects, aimed at improving participating organizations' capacities and skills in retrieving and disseminating information and documentation usable by member companies on issues relevant to the textile, apparel and leather industries. Links to partner organizations. Includes database of companies, and environmental dictionaries and resources.
- Development project within the framework of the European Union's PHARE program, aiming to develop and support environmental excellence in Eastern European textile and apparel industries, in anticipation of EU membership.
TWG. Textile Working Group
- Virtual working group under the auspices of the United Nations Environmental Programme, consisting of professionals engaged in the interface of textiles and environment with the objective of pooling resources, provide technical assistance, guidance and counseling, undertake projects, and use internet technology for a wider dissemination of the results.
- European Union sponsored project aiming to apply wearable computing to increase the productivity of the work force in emergency, healthcare, maintenance and production environments. Overview of business cases. List of publications. Definition of wearable computing.
- Germany. European Union funded project of industry and research institutes, coordinated by the German Textile Research Council, aimed at the development and provision of advanced methods in the field of innovation management with a focus on new product development and introduction to increase the competitiveness of small and medium sized enterprises (SME) operating in the textile and clothing industry. Links to partner sites. English and German.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 22, 2014 at 17:35:11 UTC -