the entire directory
only in Resources/Articles_and_Studies
Textiles and Nonwovens
Articles and Studies
Open Directory - Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Textiles: Resources: Articles and Studies
Chemicals and Polymers
Commission's Observations in Response to the Recommendations of the High Level Group for Textiles and Clothing
- Presentation of the European Commission's recommendations covering areas of research and innovation, education and training, protection of intellectual property rights, competitiveness related issues, and trade and regional policies, in answer to a staff document; "The Challenge of 2005: European Textiles and Clothing in a Quota Free Environment". [PDF]
Comparative Analysis of the Thermal Insulation Properties of Fabrics Made of Natural and Man-Made Cellulosic Fibers
- Technical paper presenting a comparative analysis of the thermal conductivity, absorption and thermal resistance of textile fabrics from cotton and Tencel yarns. Authors: I. Frydrych and others. [PDF]
Durameter - A New Stand for Estimating the Durability of Textiles
- Technical paper describing a new testing instrument for investigating textile filament creep, and presenting and analysis of filament creep and strain under constant load. Authors: W. Konecki and others. [PDF]
- An industrial embroidery manual, including tips and hints, troubleshooting, materials and machine settings. Photos and tables.
Fundamentals of Moisture Transport in Textiles
- Technical paper about a study conducted to understand and quantify moisture transport in textile structures as a basis for the development of novel fluid management materials and drying processes. Authors: Haskell W. Beckham and others. [PDF]
Guide to the Control of Cloth Moths and Carpet Beetles
- Information sheet of the Australian Textile and Fiber Technology Institute, detailing textile pests encountered in Australia and the control measures available to deal with them. [PDF]
Linear Flow Detection in Woven Textiles Using Model-Based Clustering
- Technical paper about research aimed at detecting linear pattern production faults in woven textile by combining image processing technology with a novel statistical modeling technique. Authors: J.G. Campbell and others. [PDF]
Numerical Analysis of Peirce's Cantilever Test for the Bending Rigidity of Textiles
- Technical paper presenting the results of the numerical analysis and calculations of Pierce's test for the bending rigidity of textiles and nonwovens, and a comparison of the practical implications for this test in textile laboratories. Authors: Piotr Szablewski and Waldemar Kobza. [PDF]
Odour Measurements in the Textile Industry
- Technical paper presenting selected problems associated with the measurement of odour in the textile industry. Author: Krzysztof Gniotek. [PDF]
On-Line Weight and Shrinkage Control of Cotton Knits
- Technical paper presenting the results of research conducted to develop an image classifier routine able to detect and classify knitted fabric defects. Authors: Mohamed Abou-Iiana and others. [PDF]
- Includes consumer fact sheet on the materials, characteristics, styling, construction and sizes of modern jeans. From Ohio State University. Authors: Norma Pitts and Joyce A. Smith.
- Library of short articles about natural and man-made fibers, fabric weaving technologies and types of textile fabrics. From Textile Fabrics Consultants, Inc.
- Short essay about natural fibers as wool, silk, linen, cotton and hemp, and descriptions of the various types of textile fabric weaves. From the St. Ives Historical Society. Author: Kara McLeod.
Textile Reference Manual
- Includes library of technical articles about natural and man-made fibers, fabric weaves and finishes, and textile applications. From the Costume Gallery.
- ThinkQuest project by students and teachers of the Singapore Chinese Girl's School about the history, production and properties of cotton, wool, silk, polyester and polyamide, and their applications in the textile and fashion industry.
The Effects of Household Fabric Softeners on the Thermal Comfort and Flammability of Cotton and Polyester Fabrics
- Master of Science thesis examining the effects of household fabric softeners on the thermal comfort and flammability of cotton and polyester fabrics after repeated laundering. Author: Jiangman Guo. [PDF]
Articles and Studies
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, October 24, 2010 5:52:13 AM EDT -