the entire directory
only in Textiles/Resources
Textiles and Nonwovens
Open Directory - Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Textiles: Resources
Articles and Studies
Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Resources
Reference: Museums: Arts and Entertainment: Textile and Costume
Reference: Museums: Museum Resources: Conservation and Preservation
Society: Issues: Business: Human Rights: Sweatshops
All About Fabrics
- Information resource for textile fabrics buyers, sellers and users. Suppliers' directory. Marketplace. Design gallery. Calendar of events. CV bank and job opportunities. Dictionary and list of textile books. Multi-lingual Site.
Centre for Canadian Fashion and Design
- Information resource on textile fabrics and fashion design. Complete list and descriptions of natural fibers.
CFCA. China Fashion & Color Association
- Science and technology organization, engaged in color research, forecast, design and applications in textiles and garment, interior design and architecture, and industrial products. English and Chinese.
CITEVE. Centro Tecnológico das Indústrias
- Portugal. Technology center for the Portuguese textile and garment industry, active in quality awareness, certification and standardisation, health and safety, environment, energy, production areas, and management and marketing issues.
CITYC. Centro de Información Textil y de la Confección
- Web site of the Spanish information center for the textile, apparel and leather industries. Links to organizations, educational, research and testing institutes, technological centers and services. Business data and news. English and Spanish.
The Clothworkers’ Company
- UK. Registered charity evolving from one of the City of London's historic livery companies, involved in promoting textiles, principally through educational grants, fostering the development of technical textiles, and supporting the nation's textile heritage. List of available publications. Historical information and art collections on PDF files.
The Comfort Council
- USA. Independent advisory board of design and lifestyle experts that specialize in helping consumers achieve comfort in the home and in life, created by Hollander Home Fashions.
- Information resource and network platform for Wisconsin, USA based textile, paper, plastic and nonwovens converting companies. Detailed directory of links.
Cotton USA Sourcing Program
- Export promotion program managed by Cotton Council International (CCI), dedicated to facilitate business relationships and information exchange between the US cotton textile industry and garment manufacturing companies throughout the Americas.
- Search engine for furniture, interior fabrics and furnishings, created by Distrimart, Sarl. On-line converting and calculation tools. Links to related sites. Multi-lingual site.
Denim Club India
- Social and professional networking place for Indian professionals involved in manufacturing, marketing, sourcing, trading, designing, conversion into made-ups, merchandising and retailing of denim. Directory of denim related web sites. Library of articles and videos.
- On-line forum and e-mail service for professionals in the soft window covering industry. Design galleries. List of trade events. Members' directory. Links to related sites.
Fabric Workshop and Museum
- USA. Non-profit arts organization devoted to creating new work in fabric and other materials in collaboration with emerging, nationally, and internationally recognized artists.
Fashion Creative Network
- Information resource on the Japanese fashion and textile market. Monthly reviews of sales. Links to resources and industry sites. Free company registration.
- Information resource and portal to standards in furnishing fabrics that are required by national regulations to have flame resistant or flame retardant properties.
- From the Philadelphia University, USA. Categorized collections of links to textile art, chemistry, technology and industry.
The Harris Tweed Authority
- UK. Custodians of the Orb trademark for genuine handwoven Scotland wool fabrics. History of Harris tweed. Description of manufacturing process. Downloadable postcards, screensavers and desktop patterns.
Hong Kong Institution of Textile and Apparel
- Non-profit organization for the Hong Kong textile and apparel industry, aiming to improve the academic and professional standards of its members. Training and educational programs. Seminars and conferences, and publications. English and Chinese.
- Information resource, materials database and forum for professionals in the upholstery, furnishing, and interior design and decoration industries. Links to related sites. English and French.
- Textile business information and resource site. Business news and market reports. Marketplace. Company directory. Calendar of events. From World Textile Publications, Ltd.
International Textiles Archive
- UK. Department in the University of Leeds, dedicated to collecting, preserving and documenting textiles and related design materials, and promoting public use of its collections for research and publication. Links to educational resources.
Maison du Lin
- Information resource on linen for designers, manufacturers, buyers and journalists. Company and designer listings, and designer book. English and French.
MO-TAC. Missouri Textile and Apparel Center
- USA. Technical center in the University of Missouri, serving sewn products manufacturers, contractors, retailers and entrepreneurs in Missouri and the Mid West.
- Quality certification seal of European Down and Feathers Association, confirming that bedding articles displaying the mark are fit for house dust mite allergy sufferers.
NT. Dutch Textile Institute
- The Netherlands. Professional association of engineers, chemists, colorists and economists in the Dutch textile industry. Links to related sites. English and Dutch.
- Forum aiming to familiarise textile manufacturers with the implications, possibilities, materials and impact of digital printing on production and marketing processes. English and French.
Ph2 Textiles Research Project
- Textile design survey and internet-based design collaboration.
The Roger Milliken Textile Library
- Link page to catalogues, references, acquisitions and literature search at the worlds' largest English language textile library. Based in The Institute of Textile Technology, Virginia.
- Ethiopia. Non-profit organization, dedicated to creating positive employment opportunities in hand spinning, weaving, dying, and finishing of fabrics, furnishings and garments. History of silk on PDF file.
- Network of textile companies, dedicated to the promotion and technological development of the Scottish textile industry. Technical and industry information. Directories of companies. Links to related sites.
SEAM. Support for Environmental Assessment and Management
- Egypt. Government implemented program of action plans for improved environmental management, planning and services for industry and population. Collections of PDF manuals and case studies of cleaner production initiatives for the textile, food, oil and soap sectors.
- Trademarked quality certification label for Italian made silk and silk rich fabrics. Detailed explanation of principles and procedures. List of licenced companies. English and Italian.
- Industry sponsored consumer information resource for silk comforters. History, properties and characteristics of silk. Video presentations of the processing and manufacture of silk battings. Technical information and FAQ.
Silk Mark Organization of India
- Quality assurance and certification organization of the Indian silk processing and manufacturing industry, dedicated to the development and promotion of silk in textiles. Calendar of events. Links to related sites.
Soil Association Organic Textile Standards
- Industrial standards for companies involved in processing, manufacturing, packing, labelling, import and export, and distributing of certified natural textile fibers and products, based on the Global Organic Textile Standards. [PDF]
Swiss Guarantee VSB
- Switzerland. Quality label for manufacturers of feather and down filled duvets and pillows which are members of the VSB trade organization. Information about goose and duck down and feathers. Duvet size chart and care guide. List of member companies. FAQ. Links to related sites. English, German and French.
Tartans of Scotland
- Information resource about Scottish tartan fabric design, production, wearing and interpreting. Descriptions of tartan types. World tartan register. Links to related sites.
- Resource for the German textile and apparel industry. Directories of manufacturers, suppliers and organizations. Technical information. Calendar of fairs and exhibitions. List of books and publications. Links to retail outlets. English and German.
The Textile Centre of Excellence
- Portal for UK textile manufacturing companies provides information on textiles, health, safety, training, development and conferencing services.
- Web site of the North Carolina State University College of Textiles, designed to serve as an information resource connecting global textile events, products, markets, and company information from government, industry, and academic sources to the North Carolina textile complex.
- Resources and magazines for the global textile industry.
Textile Institute Australia
- Australian chapter of the UK based, global institute of the textiles, clothing and footwear industries, focused on the organization of conferences and seminars, and technical and scientific publication.
- Textile industry news and market analysis. Marketplace. Trade resources for subscribers.
The Textile Rooms
- Information resource and marketplace for fibers, yarns, textile products and machinery. Dictionaries, glossaries and conversion tables. Search engines, directories, chat forum and global events calendar.
- Virtual arts center, developing web and community resources for artists, students, tutors, researchers and businesses involved in art textiles.
The Textiles Rooms
- Resource for commercial, technical and general information about the global textile industry.
Thailand Textile Institute
- Autonomous organization, funded by government and industry, and focusing on technical, marketing and human resource development activities in the Thai textile industry. Business information, news, statistics and trade regulations. Marketplace and forum.
The Worshipful Company of Framework Knitters
- UK. Registered charity supporting almshouses for retired employees of the British knitting and hosiery industry, and administering student bursaries and award schemes. Calendar of events. Links to related sites.
The Worshipful Company of Weavers
- UK. Registered charity, involved in granting scholarships, awards and bursaries related to the textile industry. Comprehensive glossary of technical terms and definitions. Links to related sites.
The Worshipful Company of Woolmen
- Registered charity primarily active within the British wool industry giving awards and grants to universities providing degree courses in Textiles and Agriculture. Calendar of events.
ZiTex. Initiative for the Future of Textiles
- Germany. Independent, non-government funded association for the textiles and clothing industry in North Rhine-Westphalia, involved in the development of activities and resources for the improvement of the medium and long-term prospects of companies and research bodies in the industry. List of publications. Links to related sites. English and German.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, September 8, 2013 6:35:08 AM EDT -