the entire directory
only in Textiles_and_Nonwovens/Resources
Textiles and Nonwovens
Open Directory - Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Resources
Industrial Yarns and Sewing Threads
Machinery and Equipment
Resins and Chemicals
Articles and Studies
This category in other languages:
The Alexander Report
- Industry guide to business resources and services for the natural and man-made fibers, textiles and nonwovens, and the apparel and fashion trades.
BIR. Bureau of International Recycling
- Belgium. International trade federation for the recycling industry, focused on ferrous and non-ferrous metals, paper, textiles, plastics and rubber.
BTTG. British Textile Technology Group
- UK. Independent textile and nonwovens research and technology center, also providing services to a range of other spheres of industry and commerce.
CSIR. Fiber & Textile
- South Africa. Statutory research council of the South African government, providing technology solutions to the industry, establishing ventures, and licensing intellectual property. Research and development activities in fiber, textiles and clothing technologies.
CSIRO Textile and Fiber Technology
- Australia. Institution for applied research, development, consulting and education services to the global wool, cotton, textile, clothing and leather industries. Business arm of the Australian Cotton Cooperative Research Organization.
DVS. German Welding Society
- Non-profit technical and scientific society for individuals and companies, involved in research and education on matters relating to the joining, cutting and coating of metallic and non-metallic materials, composite materials and technical textiles and nonwovens, and publishing journals, specialist books, research reports, software, guidelines and codes of practice oriented to science and practice. English and German.
Elkede Technology and Design Centre SA
- Greece. Research and development institute, and design center for the leather processing, footwear, textile and apparel, furniture and plastics industries. English and Greek.
Fiber and Fabric
- Education and information resource for children and students about natural and synthetic fibers, and textile, nonwovens and printing technologies. Links to fiber sites. EduScape site, created by Anette Lamb and Larry Johnson.
International Textile Center
- USA. Non-profit organization of the Texas Tech University, dedicated to applied research, testing and evaluation of textile fabrics, fibers and processes. Extensive library of articles on cotton growing and processing.
IPFDD. Institute for Polymer Research Dresden
- Germany. Public institute for application oriented fundamental research in polymer architecture, interaction mechanisms, and fundamental materials. Activities in fiber reinforced composites, modified polymer membranes, and meltspun nonwovens. List of lectures and conferences. Links to related sites.
ITA. Institut für Textiltechnik
- Germany. Competence center and research institute for man-made fiber, nonwovens and textile technology, and mechanical engineering. Links to related sites. Multi-lingual site.
ITCF. Institute for Textile Chemistry and Chemical Fibers Denkendorf
- Germany. Government funded institute for fundamental and applied research, and technology transfer in the field of fibers and textiles with regard to manufacturing, modification, characterization and processing. English and German.
Made in Green
- Registered trade mark and certification label of the Association of Textile Industry Research (AITEX) for textile materials and products which are processed or manufactured in industrial environments that operate without the use of harmfull substances, and with respect for human rights and the environment. List of licensed companies.
Micro and Nanotechnology Directory
- Directory of UK individuals, companies and organizations involved in micro- and nano technologies. Part of the MNT Network.
National Textile Center
- USA. Federally funded consortium of universities, dedicated to applied research on fibers, textiles and related subjects. Searchable database of past and present research projects.
SAMPE. Society for the Advancement of Materials and Process Engineering
- USA. International professional member society, provides information on new materials and process technologies through forums, publications and books.
SATRA Technology Centre
- UK. Authority on the technical aspects of footwear, leathergoods, apparel, toys, safety products, furniture, floorcoverings, construction products and homeware. Involved in product research and development, material and component evaluation, quality assurance, manufacturing efficiency and cost saving, and testing and certification.
Saxon Textile Research Institute
- Germany. Application oriented research and development projects for the textile and nonwovens industries. Also, laboratory testing and certification services. English and German.
- Karen Miller's blog and encyclopedia presenting photos and entries about textile fibers, yarns and fabrics, dyeing, printing and finishing technologies, textile design and designers, machinery and applications.
Textile Recycling Information Sheet
- Detailed information sheet about the process and purposes of textile waste recycling and fiber reclamation. Links to charities and companies.
Textile Research Institute
- Poland. Independent institute for research, development, testing and certification in the fiber, yarn, textile and nonwovens industries. English and Polish.
- Search engine for manufacturers of fibers, yarns, greige and finished woven and knitted fabrics, apparel, bedding, trimmings, closeouts, transportation and textile machinery. English and Italian.
TTRI. Taiwan Textile Research Institute
- Institute for research and development, and testing and evaluation for the Taiwan polymer materials, fiber, yarn, textile and nonwovens industries. Presentation video. English and Chinese.
TUT - Institute of Fiber Material Science
- Finland. Research and development institute of the Tampere University of Technology, specialising in fiber technology and textile chemistry, textile and nonwovens technologies, and electro-conductive fabrics and wearables. English and Finnish.
World Textile Information Network
- Information resource providing industry news and analysis about the yarn spinning, textile and nonwovens industries. Requires subscription. Published by World Textile Publications, Ltd.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 30, 2013 at 3:01:38 UTC -