become an editor
the entire directory
only in Resources/History
Textiles and Nonwovens
Leather and Fur
Open Directory - Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Leather and Fur: Resources: History
Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Resources: History
Archaeological Leather Group
- Group of archaeologists, historians, scientists, scholars, conservators, artefact specialists and leather workers involved in the study of leather manufacture, function, processing, recording, conservation, care and curation in an archeological context. List of publications and bibliography. Links to related sites.
Guidelines for the Care of Waterlogged Archaeological Leather
- Guidelines Archaeological Leather Group (ALG) in cooperation with conservators from the Ancient Monuments Laboratory, English Heritage, aimed at excavators and finds processing staff who may require advice as to the best way of dealing with waterlogged archaeological leather when it occurs on site, and conservators and finds staff entrusted with its care after excavation
- Article in the UCLA Encyclopedia of Egyptology about the applications of oil cured leathers for decorative and functional purposes in Pharaonic Egypt. Author: André Veldmeijer.
- Description of the techniques for natural leather tanning which were in use during the 18th and 19th centuries in the Rusland Tannery in Cumbria, Great Britain.
Skin and Leather in Cultural Heritage
- Weblog about leather tanning technology, conservation and restoration, including links to resources, glossaries, history and archeology, conservation and books.
- Short narrative about the development and growth of natural leather tanning as a cottage industry in the Cumbria region in Great Britain during the 18th and 19th centuries, and it demise in the beginning of the 20th due to the introduction of synthetic tannins.
Tanning in the 17th Century
- Short history of leather tanning techniques used in 17th century New England. From Jamestown Historic Briefs.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, October 24, 2010 5:18:09 AM EDT -