become an editor
the entire directory
only in Leather_and_Fur/Resources
Textiles and Nonwovens
Leather and Fur
Articles and Studies
Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Resources
All About Leather
- Information resource for the leather industry. History, types and processing of leather. Care guide. FAQs. Technical glossary. Links to related sites.
- A collection of conversion tables for weights, areas, units, liquids and temperature. From the American Leather Chemists Association.
- Germany. World wide support organization of the Leather Institute German Tanner’s School, providing a framework of support for students enrolled at the teaching, testing and research institute. Extensive library of leather related links. English and German.
- Information resource for the European leather industry. Europe wide projects, and industry research and development programs. Events calendar. Business statistics. Company database, searchable by country, industry sector and type of leather.
Galilei Technical College
- Italy. Educational institute offering a five year university level course in tanning chemistry and biology. English and Italian.
IILG. International Internet Leathercrafter's Guild
- Internet club of leather craft artists. Members' web site directory. Extensive list of links to leather craft knowledge and education. Links to related sites.
- Information resource for the international fur industry, providing market and industry news, trends in fashion and design, feature articles and designer profiles, videos, and a calendar of events. Links to related sites.
The Leather Conservation Centre
- UK. Non-profit charitable organisation, providing a service in the conservation and restoration of leather objects of historic, cultural or artistic importance. Also, training and research, knowledge transfer and publications.
- Discussion forum for topics concerning leather tanning, processing and goods manufacturing. From the American Leather Chemists Association.
- Business and technology information resource for the global leather processing and products industry. Calendar of events. Marketplace. Trade services. Technical guidelines. From the International Trade Center (ITC).
- Informational web site for the global leather processing industry. Searchable business directory. Marketplace and message boards.
- UK. International quality label developed by fur auction houses and the International Fur Trade Federation (IFTF), ensuring consumers of fur produced following national or local regulations or standards governing fur production.
Pelle di Toscana
- Trade mark and certification label, identifying Tuscan leather tanneries and the verified quality of Tuscan leather. English and Italian.
South American Leather
- Blog providing technical information about skins, hair-on hides and tanned leathers, and a buyers' guide to tanned leather in South America.
- Portal to the global genuine and artificial leather industry. Marketplace. Industry news. Company directory for tanneries, chemicals, machinery, leather dealers and traders, and manufacturers of finished goods. From Raw Leather Srl.
Upholstery Leather Blog
- Blog about leather and its applications in the upholstery industry. From Manufacturas Olaran.
The Worshipful Company of Curriers
- UK. Former livery company of London turned registered charity involved in supporting the London College of Fashion's degree courses in leathercraft, design and technology, the Leather Conservation Centre in Northampton, and Capel Manor College, Enfield, which runs courses in saddlery and bridlery.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 21, 2014 at 5:24:07 UTC -