become an editor
the entire directory
only in Resources/Articles_and_Studies
Textiles and Nonwovens
Industrial Yarns and Sewing Threads
Articles and Studies
Open Directory - Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Industrial Yarns and Sewing Threads: Resources: Articles and Studies
Analysis and Enhancement of Carding and Spinning
- Extensive paper describing a research project at the National Textile Center, aiming to enhance the fundamental understanding of carding and spinning, and develop new tools to shorten the sequence for staple yarn processing. Project leader: Y. Wang. [PDF]
Applicability of Flax and Hemp as Raw Materials for Production of Cotton-like Fibers and Blended Yarns in Poland
- Review of basic research and new concepts in the processing of flax and hemp fiber focused on the production of cotton and wool like fibers and yarns. Authors: Waldemar Cierpucha and others. [PDF]
The Application of Untoxic Polymers at Sizing and Bleaching Textile Processes
- Technical paper about the use of untoxic and water soluble polymers in cotton yarn sizing and bleaching operations. Authors: Dragan M. Djordjevic and others. [PDF]
Blended Yarns with a Content of Biological Active Fibers
- Technical paper about research into the development of a technology aimed at manufacturing yarns from antimicrobial and antifungal fibers for apparel fabrics. Authors: Tadeusz Jackowski and others. [PDF]
Buckling of Fibers and Yarns within Ropes and other Fiber Assemblies
- Extensive technical paper about the effect of buckling of fibers in yarns and ropes under tension, resulting in failure by axial compression fatigue after repeated cycling. Authors: R.E. Hobbs and others. [PDF]
Coal Acids - A Potential Warp Size for Continuous Filament Yarns
- Working paper summarizing the results of an evaluation of a mixture of water soluble aromatic polycarboxylic acids produced by caustic oxygen oxydation of coal for its potential as warp sizing agent for continuous filament yarns. Authors: Keith B. Bozer and others. [PDF]
A Comparative Study on the Quality Control of Jute Yarn Conventional Drawing Method vs Modern Drawing Method
- Technical paper presenting the results of a comparative study of the effectiveness of quality control in mono-head high-speed and the traditional push-bar type drawing systems. Authors: A.K.M. Mahabubuzzaman and others. [PDF]
Comparing the Structure of Rabbit Hair-Cotton Blended Rotor and Ring Spun Yarns
- Technical paper presenting a comparative study of the differences in fiber distribution in various ratios of rabbit hair and cotton blended yarns spun with rotor and ring spinning technologies. Authors: Lijun Qu and others.
Comparison of Different Theoretical Models of Fancy Yarns
- Technical paper presenting an experimental comparison of fancy yarns of various structures, using two different theoretical models for predicting the coil length of the binder yarns. Authors: S. Perulyté and D. Petrulis. [PDF]
Development of Characterization Methodologies of Fiber Surface Characteristics: Surface/Process Analysis
- Technical paper presenting a study of the friction behaviour of as-spun yarns as part of a larger research effort aimed at developing methodologies which can be utilised for fiber surface characterization. Authors: Yehia E. El Mogahzy and others. [PDF]
The Effect of Knitting and Wearing Conditions on the Tensile Characteristics of Blended Yarns
- Technical paper analysing the effects of the knitting process, washing procedures and tumbling on the tensile characteristics of blended yarns constructed from wool, cotton and acrylic. Authors: B. Tvarijonaviciené and others. [PDF]
Effect of Spindle Diameter and Spindle Working period on the Properties of 100% Viscose MVS Yarns
- Technical paper presenting the results of a study on the effects of various spindle diameters and working periods on the properties of viscose MVS yarns, evaluated on the basis of unevenness, hairiness, elongation at break, tenacity and work-of-break (B-work) values. Authors: Huseyin Gazi Ortlek and others. [PDF]
Effect of Yarn Parameters on the Knittablity of Glass Ply Yarn.
- Technical paper investigating the knittablity of glass ply yarns of different parameters by testing their mechanical performance using a self-developed knit simulating apparatus. Authors: Xiao-ming Liua and others. [PDF]
Impact of Sizing on Physico-Mechanical Properties of Yarn
- Technical paper examining breaking force, elongation at break and abrasion resistance before and after the sizing of yarns spun in five different spinning mills. Authors: Stana Kovacevic and Zeljko Penava. [PDF]
The Making of Fiber Glass Yarns
- Description of the manufacturing process of textile yarns from continuous glass fibers. Detailed production flow chart, clickable for additional information. From PPG Industries.
Mechanical Properties and a Physical-Chemical Analysis of Acetate Yarns
- Technical paper about an investigation of the properties of yarns from cellulose acetate fibers derived from cotton linters or wood pulp cellulose, and manufactured by different commercial yarn spinners. Authors: R. Pociene and others. [PDF]
Neps, Seed-Coat Fragments, and Non-Seed Impurities in Processed Cotton
- Technical paper presenting the results of a study on the effect of mechanical processing procedures on the presence of defects in cotton by examining samples of four different ginning and lint cleaning combinations, collected after carding and combing. Authors: Karin R. Jacobson and others. [PDF]
Periodic and Chaotic Motion in Sirofil Yarn Spinning
- Technical paper about the establishment of a dynamic model for two-strand yarn processing through approximating the oscillating frequencies of sirofil spinning in horizontal and vertical directions, enabling the analysis of the stability and chaotic characters of sirofil spinning and resulting in a suggestion of optimal spinning conditions for this system. Authors: Li-Na Zhang and Ji-Huan He. [PDF]
Properties of Close Packing of Filaments in Yarn
- Study analysing a hypothetical model of the close cross-sectional structure of yarn, and some peculiarities of close packing of yarn. Authors: Donatas Petrulis and Salvinija Petrolyte. [PDF]
Quality of Yarns Spun Using Ring, Compact and Rotor Spinning Machines as a Function of Selected Spinning Process Parameters
- Technical paper presenting an analysis of the quality parameters of carded and combed medium staple cotton yarns of various linear densities manufactured using the ring, compact and rotor spinning technologies. Authors: Lidia Jackowska-Strumillo and others. [PDF]
Size Lubrication Methods for Air-Jet Spun and Ring-Spun Warp Yarns
- Comparative study addressing the effect of size concentration and lubrication on yarn characteristics and weaving performance of conventional ring spun and air-jet spun polyester and cotton blended yarns. Authors: Howard L. Thomas Jr. and James M. Zeiba. [PDF]
Steps in Processing Wool into Yarn
- Short descriptions of fleece skirting, and wool washing, picking, carding, roving, spinning and finishing processes. From the Blackberry Ridge Woolen Mill web site.
Studies on Cottonized Jute Composite Structures Spun on Ring, Rotor and Air-Jet Spinning Systems
- Technical paper presenting a study investigating the spinning performance for rotating ratios of jute and its blends with cotton, viscose and polyester to improve the tensile behaviour of composite structures of cottonized jute blended yarns spun on ring, rotor and air-jet spinning systems. Authors: Sheikh Muhammad Nawaz and others. [PDF]
Study about the Interactions Between Melange Yarn Properties and Fiber Damage
- Technical paper presenting a study about cotton fiber damage and its effect on the properties of ring and open-end rotor spun greige and dyed melange yarns. Authors: A.A. Gharehaghaji and others. [PDF]
A Study of the Nucleation Effect of Pigment Dyes on the Microstructure of Mass Dyed Bulked Continuous Filament Polypropylene
- Technical paper reporting the results of a study on the nucleation effect, tenacity and thermal shrinkage which six pigment dyes have on the microstructure of mass dyed polypropylene BCF yarns. Authors: Hossein Tavanai and others. [PDF]
Textile Link Articles
- Collection of articles on yarn spinning, knitting, fiber and yarn terms and definitions, and wool breeds and grades. Author: Rosemary Brock.
The Turkish Textile Industry
- Extensive article about the history, present state and future development of the Turkish yarn making industry. From the Istanbul Textile and Clothing Association. [PDF]
What's That Stuff?
- Short article on the history, development and chemical structure of spandex, published in Chemical and Engineering News. Author: Marc Reisch.
Woolen and Worsted Explained
- Brief explanation of the woolen and worsted yarn spinning technologies. Author: Lady Siobhan nocDhuinnshleibhe. [PDF]
Yarn Strength Dependence on Test Length
- Technical paper about the evaluation of yarn strength changes, and the auto-correlation functions of the strength of short yarn links in standard yarn breakage tests. Author: Pavol Lizak. [PDF]
Articles and Studies
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 5, 2013 at 16:08:07 UTC -