the entire directory
only in Natural/Resources
Textiles and Nonwovens
Open Directory - Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Fibers: Natural: Resources
Articles and Studies
Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Fibers: Resources
Science: Agriculture: Field Crops: Fiber Crops
AMS Cotton Market News
- Latest market and quality reports.
All About Cotton
- Information resource related to cotton fiber and its properties and qualities for use in fabrics for garments and furnishings. Style information and calendar of events. Glossary of technical terms and FAQ. From Cotton Council International.
CCTI. China Cotton Textile Information.
- Portal and information resource for the Chinese cotton growing, processing and trading industry. Market and business information. List of publications. Calendar of events. Links to related sites. English and Chinese.
Certified Cotton Gin Program
- Cotton certification program and seal that stipulates best practices procedures for cotton ginning companies. Extensive information, video presentation and FAQ.
- Information resource for Chinese cotton and cotton textiles. Market reports, trade leads and export data. Industry statistics and news. Price watch. Extensive information on cotton crops, fiber consumption and products. English and Chinese.
- Portal and company directory for the coir industry in Kerala, India. Information on coir bleaching and dyeing processes, coir history, and carpet and mat designs.
- Information resource on Chinese grown cotton, the cotton textile industry, and related businesses. Market and pricing information. Business news. English and Chinese.
- Information resource on present standards, and the hazards and proposed solutions in cotton fiber handling and processing. From the Occupational Safety and Health Administration of the US Department of Labor.
Cotton Glossary of Terms
- Glossary of technical terms and definitions in the cotton growing and processing industry. From Cotton on the Net.
- USA. Home of the cotton industry. News, magazines and editorials. Information on research, production and uses of cotton fiber. Listings of companies and organizations.
- Information portal for global cotton growers, merchants and traders, and the cotton yarn spinning and textile manufacturing industry. Industry news and business reports. Calendar of events. Links to related sites.
- UK. News and indices of worldwide cotton marketing and prices. Public access area provides links to information, conversion tables, calendar of events and glossary of terms. From Cotlook, Ltd.
Cotton and Wool Outlook Report 2008
- Report examining the supply, use, prices, and trade for cotton and wool, including supply and demand prospects in major importing and exporting countries. Includes data on raw fibers and textiles. From the US Department of Agriculture's Economic Research Service.
Cotton on the Net
- UK. Information resource for the world wide cotton community. Searchable database of products and companies, publications, news and forum for members. Free registration.
- Cotton education site for classroom teachers providing curriculum, literature resources, links to cotton and educational organizations promoting the importance of this crop.
Cotton: From Field to Fabric
- Information resource about the cultivation, production and processing of cotton fiber, and the applications and technologies for cotton utilised in the textile industry. Also available on PDF file. From the National Cotton Council of America.
- USA. Market news, statistics and analysis concerning cotton crop information, cotton related government programs, prices, and reports and publications. Links to weather reports and related sites.
- Dedicated advocacy and consulting group within Sustainable-Future.org, focused on catalyzing the use of agricultural residues and fibers from non-wood plants for building materials, pulp and paper, textiles and other industries through engineering assessments, market research, business plan refinement, educational forums and financing expertise.
Fibre Producing Animals
- Short descriptions of fiber producing animals other then sheep, including information on animal farming and fiber harvesting. From the Scottish Fibres web site.
- Information resource for hemp growers, processors and users. Searchable database of categorised directories of educational, research and business sites. Links to events, investor information and legislation, media articles and news.
Guidelines for Purchasing Raw Cotton
- The International Textile Manufacturers Federation Spinners Committee's guidelines for buyers and sellers of raw cotton. [PDF]
- Information resource and global network for the promotion of the use of industrial hemp. Description of industrial hemp. News. Links to organizations, manufacturers and retailers.
- USA. Informational and commercial web site of Hemp World, Inc. Promotion of hemp farming and use of its fibers in industrial processes. Scientific and environmental studies and reports, descriptions of the various qualities of fiber. Market place for seed, fiber and products.
- Information resource about hemp for medical, agricultural and industrial applications. List of trade events. Links to related sites. Multi-lingual site.
Information on Cotton
- UNCTAD's information portal, providing an analysis and a description of the characteristics, and market information about cotton. Links to organizations and commercial companies. English and French.
Jute in India
- Homepage of Andrew Ramsay Nicoll and Jimmie Robertson about the jute industry in India, focusing on mills located in East and West Bengal. Lists of jute mills in India and Bangladesh.
Jute, Kenaf and Allied Fibres
- Introduction to the cultivation, processing, consumption and trade in jute, kenaf and related fibers in East Asia and Latin America. From the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United nations.
- Information resource for flax growers, linen fabric and garment manufacturers and converters, and dietitians. Introduction to flax seed, oil and fibers. Directories of manufacturers, distributors and on-line stores for linen fabrics, home textiles and fashion, and machinery. Also, flax seed and oil recipes.
- Information resource on the properties, characteristics, evaluation, grading and testing, and the production of llama and alpaca wool fibers. Includes a glossary of technical terms.
- Web site of the Australian Wool Innovation, Ltd., specifically promoting merino wool. Extensive information about merino wool fiber, its processing and manufacturing technologies and applications, and marketing and trade. Links to related sites.
Natural Plant and Animal Fibres
- Information resource, providing detailed descriptions of the origin, properties and applications of all known plant and animal fibers in use with the textile industry, and silk.
Natural and Synthetic Fibers
- Extensive information about the cultivation of natural fibers, the manufacture of man-made fibers, and their history, properties and applications. From Swicofil AG.
- From Purdue University. Internet database for new crops and plant products. Use the search function to reach information on every plant or bast fiber known today.
- Information resource about sericulture, and the history, properties, processing, manufacturing and applications of silk.
- Brand certification for wool fiber developed in partnership between the Canesis Network, H. Dawson, Sons and Co., Ltd, and New Zealand wool growers, as filling fiber for the manufacture of duvets and comforters, futons and mattress tops.
The Classification of Cotton
- Handbook of the United States Department of Agriculture, outlining uniform cotton classification standards and the cotton classification services provided by the USDA. [PDF]
The Cotton Program
- Universal classification standards for cotton, developed and distributed by the United States Department for Agriculture. Also, classification and market news for cotton growers and dealers, and the textile industry.
The Golden Fibre
- Portal for the Indian jute fiber processing industries. Business data, statistics and information on fiber processing. Categorised manufacturers' directories. Technical articles.
The Organic Cotton Site
- USA. The Sustainable Cotton Project, which was founded to search for, develop and promote ways to grow clean, chemical and pesticide free cotton.
- Australia. Informational web site for wool related topics. Market reports and services. Consultancies and direct selling services to wool growers. From Congruent Systems.
- Internet based service, providing woolclassers, shearers and wool handlers with a tool to promote their services to potential clients, as well as access to up-to-date and relevant wool industry information.
- Information resource for researchers, consultants, students and others related to, or interested in wool and the wool industry. Discussion forum. Educational resources. Links to related sites. From the Australian Cooperative Research Centre for Premium Quality Wool.
Wools of New Zealand
- From the New Zealand Wool Board. Informational web site. Wool fiber, applications and processing technologies. Carpet technology and care. Educational site for children. English, German, French, Dutch and Chinese.
Wools of Uruguay
- Information resource of the Uruguayan Wool Secretariat. Production data and properties of local wool. Industry statistics. Directories for wool exporters and brokers.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, July 31, 2010 6:15:05 PM EDT -