become an editor
the entire directory
only in Resources/History
Textiles and Nonwovens
Dyestuffs and Chemicals
Open Directory - Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Dyestuffs and Chemicals: Resources: History
Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Resources: History
The Art and Craft of Natural Dyeing
- Excerpt of a book published by The University of Tennessee Press, describing the ancient technique of fermentation vat dyeing of fibers and fabrics. Author: J.N. Liles.
A Brief History of Dyestuffs and Dyeing
- Paper presented at the 2000 Runestone Collegium dealing with the history of dyestuffs and dyeing techniques, from prehistory to modern times. Author: Lady Siobhon nicDhuinnshleibhe.
The Dye Woorkes Medieval & Renaissance Dye Recipes
- Directory of links to dye recipes from Medieval and Renaissance times. From Drea Leed's homepage on Elizabethan costumes.
Early Use of Natural Dyes in Textiles
- Overview of the history of dye usage in the textile trades since 2600 BC. Short descriptions of natural dyes, made from plants, animals and minerals. Links to books on the subject. From the Quilthistory.Com web site.
History of Dyes from 2600 BC to 20th Century
- Timeline of the development and use of dyestuffs in textiles. Author: Susan C. Druding.
Natural Dyeing to 1600
- Concise history of ancient dyeing materials and techniques. Links to the history and processing of flax fibers, and textile technologies. List of dyeing bibliography. From the homepages of Anne Liese Wolkenhaar.
Natural Dyes International
- USA. International non-profit organization dedicated to research, knowledge transfer and public education about the history of natural dyes and pigments. List of members. Calendar of events. Links to related sites.
Viking Age Dyestuffs
- Introduction to the colors, dyestuffs, and mordants used by Viking spinners and cloth weavers. Author: Carolyn Priest-Dorman.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:15:03 PM EDT -