become an editor
the entire directory
only in Books/Poetry
Publishing and Printing
Magazines and E-Zines
Arts: Literature: Poetry
Shopping: Publications: Books: Arts: Poetry
- Sponsor of the annual Anhinga Prize for Poetry. Includes contest guidelines, order information.
- Publishes Russian translations of English-language poets.
Autumn House Press
- A non-profit corporation whose purpose is to publish and promote poetry and other literature for a discerning audience. Includes ordering information.
Bear Star Press
- Specializes in poetry by authors from the western/Pacific region. Sponsors an annual contest. Includes catalog information.
Black Dress Press
- Chief focus is Spinning Jenny, an annual poetry journal. Includes subscription and submission information.
- New and established voices in Canadian poetry. Features author news, submission guidelines, ordering information.
Carnegie Mellon University Press
- Titles include books by Rita Dove and others. Includes catalog and submission guidelines.
- Poetry and art. Includes featured authors, ordering information.
Cherry Grove Collections
- Focuses on lyric poetry. Includes guidelines.
Cleveland State University Poetry Center
- Over 120 nationally distributed titles since 1971. Includes submission/contest guidelines, order information, and catalog.
- Small press focuses on poets from the Pacific Northwest.
- Poetry collections by diverse poets. Includes submission and ordering information.
David Robert Books
- Celebrating the art of poetry. Includes submission guidelines.
- Focuses on international writing/poetry. Includes links to several other publishers of experimental poetry.
- A small press based out of Wilmington, NC actively seeking submissions of chapbook length poetry and prose, full-length collections of poetry, and creative non-fiction titles.
- Poetry and art criticism is a focus of The Figures, one of the longest standing small press publishers in the country.
Four Way Books
- Established and emerging poets. Includes catalog and submission guidelines.
- A small, independent publisher of quality poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and essays in English, French, and Spanish.
- Authors such as Dana Gioia, Albert Goldbarth, Carl Phillips. Includes catalog and order information.
Host Publications Inc.
- Poetry and novels from all over the world, in Polish, Spanish and Portuguese. Includes catalog information.
The Jargon Society
- Poetry and other texts. Includes order information.
- Publishes English and Latin American (usually bilingual texts) poetry and prose. Includes order information.
- Poetry books and magazine. Includes order information.
- Featuring poetry, fiction, and nonfiction in handmade, letterpress, limited editions. Authors include Allen Ginsberg, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Gary Snyder, Robert Wrigley, Chuck Guilfordand others.
- Fiction and poetry by A. S. Maulucci, an Italian American author from New England. Includes order information.
Lost Horse Press
- The Lost Horse Northwest Poetry Series for Emerging Writers is dedicated to publishing the early books of deserving Northwest authors whose work is ignored by conglomerate publishers who require their authors to already have an established audience.
Main Street Rag
- Literary magazine sponsors annual full-length and chapbook contests. Includes guidelines.
Miami University Press
- Emerging and established poets. Includes order information.
- Independent non-profit publisher of poetry. Includes a representative listing of titles, authors, and excerpts. Located in Houston, Texas.
New Dawn Unlimited publishing
- Small press publisher for poetry, some short fiction, and artwork. "Alternative Harmonies" and other titles. Also poetry slam, spoken word productions, contests, and publications for the Alabama State Poetry Society.
New Issues Press
- Publishes several poetry collections per year. Includes submission, ordering guidelines.
Oberlin College Press
- Books of poetry in English and in English translation, anthologies, and FIELD, a journal of contemporary poetry. Includes book listings, contest guidelines.
- Specializes in experimental writing. Includes information on titles, history of press. Based in Scotland.
Ohio University Press
- Sponsors the Hollis Summers Poetry Prize. Includes guidelines.
Pavement Saw Press
- Poetry collections and chapbooks. Includes submission guidelines.
- Literary magazine sponsors annual competition for full-length book. Includes submission guidelines and catalog.
- Publishing house, offering on its site international modern poetry from the world's best known and unknown poets in English, German, Spanish, French,Dutch, Italian and organizes an international poetry festival.
- Directory of poetry publishers.
- Customized collections of poetry by such classical authors as Swift and Cooper. Includes information on titles.
Potato Hill Poetry
- Poetry books and a magazine; focuses on educators. Includes catalog.
- Chapbooks, anthologies, and poetry journal. Offers many resources for writers.
Red Hen Press
- Small-press publisher of poetry. Includes guidelines, order information.
- Publishes poetry titles by Irish and international poets, including Adrienne Rich, Richard Tillinghast, Mary O'Malley, R.T. Smith, and Marvin Bell. Includes information on titles.
- Contemporary poetry and poetics, drama and experimental fiction. Includes order information.
- Offers a yearly fiction and poetry prize to new and established writers. Includes order information, guidelines.
Six Gallery Press
- Poetry and prose in the tradition of Dostoyevsky, T.S. Eliot, Faulkner. Includes order information.
- Poetry magazine and chapbook publisher. Annual poetry chapbook competition offers a $1,000 prize and publication of your manuscript. Includes guidelines, order information.
- Online literary magazine sponsors annual poetry collection contest. Includes guidelines.
A Small Garlic Press (ASGP)
- Since 1995 has published 27 poetry chapbooks, including print issues of its online/print magazine, Agnieszka's Dowry. Online catalog samples each book. Fields downloadable broadsides in PDF. Staffed by volunteers.
- Small press specializing in poetry chapbooks and essays. Includes catalog.
- Emerging poets and other writers. Includes contest guidelines.
- Focuses on narrative poetry. Includes guidelines.
The Waywiser Press
- Waywiser specializes in poetry by new and established authors. Includes on- and off-line ordering information, details of associated events and submissions guidelines.
Wick Poetry Prize
- Book contest sponsored by university press. Includes guidelines.
Wild Honey Press
- Poetry books and CDs featuring Irish and international poets. Includes order information.
The Word Works
- Books of poetry. Includes contest information, catalog.
- Publishes poetry books through several imprints.
- Poetry books with a focus on human experience in larger contexts. Includes guidelines, ordering info.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 28, 2014 at 12:46:47 UTC -