become an editor
the entire directory
only in Books/Children
Publishing and Printing
Open Directory - Business: Publishing and Printing: Publishing: Books: Children
Arts: Literature: Children's
Business: Consumer Goods and Services: Children
Shopping: Publications: Books: Children
This category in other languages:
- Canadian publisher of children's books and young adult fiction. Specializes in picture books, novels, and French and Spanish language books.
- Picture books, folktale anthologies, educational material about storytelling, and stories for classroom use. Specializes in publishing in a wide variety of formats: hardcover, paperback, cassette, and compact disc.
- Picture books that encourage independence of spirit, enthusiasm for learning, and appreciation of the diversity and wisdom of the world's cultures.
- Natural science books that encourage the delight of discovering our wild neighbors and natural habitats.
- Fiction for children and young adults. Specializes in crime, mystery, spy, ghost, and adventure stories. Publishes the Dead Detective, Spooky Moon, and Gadget Gang series.
Boyds Mills Press
- Picture books, novels, poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and various activity books for children to young adults.
Bright Ring Publishing
- Art activity books including the Preschool Art series.
- Picture books including the Bungalo Boys, Pokeweed Public School, Mooners, and New Reader series. Includes free activities and resources for teachers.
Butterfly Creations, Inc.
- Picture books written by Ellen Bryant Lloyd for ages 2-8. Publishes Freckles.
- Picture books, easy readers, young adult fiction, nonfiction, poetry collections, novelty and activity books.
Carolina Wren Press
- Nonprofit publisher whose Lollipop Power Books specialize in multicultural, bilingual, nonsexist, and nontraditional children's books. Publishes Puzzles, the story of a ten-year-old girl with sickle cell anemia.
Children's Book Press
- Non-profit publisher of bilingual and multicultural children's literature that shares stories reflecting the traditions and cultures of African-American, Asian-American, Latino, Chicano, and Native-American communities.
Cinco Puntos Press Books for Children
- Specializes in bilingual stories about the U.S.-Mexico border, Mexico and the American Southwest. Formats include books, cassettes, CDs, and videos.
- Sells personalized children's storybooks. Includes product information, contact details and company's mission statement.
Creations for Children International
- Packager of mass market children's books including an list of fairy tales and classic adventure stories.
Dorling Kindersley - Children
- International publisher of nonfiction and fiction about a wide variety of topics. Books are known for their pictorial style.
Dramatic Lines Publishers
- Independent press promoting drama. Publications have a wide variety of theatrical applications including use for drama examinations, auditions, festivals and theatre group performances.
- Picture books, fiction, Indian tales, songs and stories from the Latin American and Venezuelan oral tradition, poetry, rhymes and riddles, and translations of the best children's books from other countries.
- Independent publisher of children's fiction with online stories for browsing parents.
- Specializes in sports and adventure books for boys and young men.
Golden Books Publishing
- Publishes storybooks, educational workbooks, coloring and activity books, novelty books, reference books, chapter books, and the Little Golden Books series. Free online children's games and e-books.
HarperCollins Children's Books
- Home to many of the classics of children's literature. Includes the imprints Avon, Greenwillow Books, HarperFestival, HarperTrophy, HarperTempest, Joanna Cotler Books, and Laura Geringer Books. Site contains information about authors, contests, screen savers, activities, bookmarks, and computer wall paper.
- Nonfiction books for elementary and middle school readers. Subjects include animals, arts, biography, careers, drugs, economics, social science, Spanish, sports, geography, government, health and safety, history, math, reference, and science. Also publish books for the Accelerated Reader program.
- Houghton Mifflin's Trade and Reference Division publishes award-winning books for adults and children: fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and reference.
Kane Miller Book Publishers
- Independent publisher of translated children's books from all over the world.
- Books, calendars and cassettes on Jewish themes.
Kids Can Press
- Nonfiction, novels, picture books, and craft books. Publishes Franklin the Turtle series and books about Elliot Moose.
- Specialized design and production of custom activity books, coloring books, kids coloring pages, games placemats, cartoons, comics for entertaining and communicating to children.
Lee & Low Books
- Independent publisher of multicultural literature for young readers. Contest, teachers resource center, interviews with authors and illustrators, and a calendar of events.
Lerner Publishing Group
- Features series and single titles covering social studies, geography, world cultures, history, contemporary issues, popular interest, science, math, biographies, historical fiction, young adult fiction, and sports. Imprints include Lerner Publications, Carolrhoda Books, LernerSports, First Avenue Editions, Runestone Press, and LernerClassroom.
- Publishes the Fairy House picture book and videos. Directions for building fairy houses and fairies to color.
- Independent publisher of books celebrating the timeless connection between people and their animal companions.
- Books about adoption, foster care, ADD and learning disabilities, depression, disability, death and dying, emotions, family matters, fears and anxieties, medical problems, natural disasters, psychotherapy, school, and self-esteem. For ages 4-18. Imprint of the Educational Publishing Foundation, a publishing unit of the American Psychological Association.
Many Cultures Publishing
- Books and curriculum materials focused on multicultural education. Imprint of the Study Center Press.
Master Communications, Inc.
- Publish and distribute books, audio, video, crafts, greeting cards, and dolls that are multicultural and multilingual.
Millbrook Press, Inc.
- Publishes non-fiction children's books in both hardcover and paperback for school and public library markets.
Moments To Treasure Books
- Poetry written by Jaqueline Black. Publishes a Forest of Poems for Children. Also offers one free web page for new authors to help promote their work.
- Publishes story books, teacher's resources, reference works, audios, videos, posters, and humorous books by and about Native Americans.
Peel Productions, Inc.
- How-to-draw and picture books. Includes the Alphabet Riddles series. Ages 8 and up.
Polychrome Publishing Corporation
- Publisher of authentic Asian Pacific American stories from the Asian Pacific American Community.
Quarter Inch Publishing
- Multi-cultural books for children, quilt patterns, note cards, and workshops for children and adults. Includes a calendar of events.
- Publishes the Rairarubia Tales, Me and Jay, and the Computer's Nerd.
Random House Children's Books
- Literature for pre-school aged children through young adult readers in all formats from board books to picture books to novels. Features beloved characters, series, and favorite authors and illustrators.
Red Hen Press
- Publishes memorable books for children and teens. Authors and artists include Hope Slaughter, Chris Strodder, Deborah Stouffer, Susan Torrence, and Lee Wardlaw.
- Read-along storybooks with tapes and books about the performing arts, finding African-American and Native American colleges, and cooking traditional African-American, Native American, Caribbean, African, Creole and Cajun food.
- International publisher of innovative animal shaped, three-dimensional, bag, hat, interactive (sound recording and playback), activity, magnetic, pillow, bouncing sound, push and pull, and baby books plus photoalbums, a few toys, and the Amadeus series. For children up to 3 years old.
Science Square Publishing
- Nonfiction storybooks about science topics. The company seeks to provide books that will appeal to those teachers and parents who want to teach their children scientific concepts in an entertaining and interactive way. The site also contains links to online resources for teachers, children, and parents.
- Publishes children's literature via the StoryPlus Network. Scribum offers writer and illustrator resources, and agents.
- Fiction for children 7 to 12 years of age. Publishes The Children of Wondria, a fantasy adventure.
Star Bright Books
- Picture and interactive Photoflaps books for pre-readers and beginning readers. Some titles available in Spanish, French, and sign language.
- International publisher of a wide variety of picture books. Includes professional reviews for many of the books.
- Publishes informative children's books for the retail market, ages 4 to 12. Titles include I love You Stinky Face, the Grumpy Bunny series, and the Troll Book Clubs catalog. Sections for parents, educators, and kids.
- Gift books, butterfly artwork prints, and posters.
WF Graham Children's Books Publishers
- Publishes a wide range of inexpensive children's colouring and activity books. Specializes in assorted activity packs and mini books for promotional or give-away purposes. Website includes samples.
- Picture books and fiction. Each book has its own webpage with professional reviews, signing information, author/illstrator biographies, book information, facts, games, activities, and links pertinent to the book. For children and teens.
Wishing Star Press
- Publishes the Tooth Fairy, the Wishing Well, the Wishing Star, and other books for children. Includes an online store and dentist fun page for kids.
- Publisher of The Alex Cat Book Series, freelance writer/author Jo A. Witt also offers writing/editorial services.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 15, 2013 at 3:46:15 UTC -