become an editor
the entire directory
only in Printing/History
Publishing and Printing
Open Directory - Business: Publishing and Printing: Printing: History
Recreation: Collecting: Books
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Economic History
Aspects of the Victorian Book
- Provides insight into the production and publishing of books in Britain during the nineteenth century.
Book Information Website
- Devoted to all aspects of books.
Daniel Traister's Home Page
- A listing of resources for the history of books and printing.
Digital Watermark & Ornament Catalogue
- A collection of watermarks and printers' ornaments used by William Stansby. Also includes a biography of William Stansby.
First 100 Years of Printing in British N. America
- A paper which concentrates on pre 1801 printing. It describes several printing families, licensing, innovations and technologies of that time period.
- The Gutenberg museum. Contains history, a time line, and background which includes the locations of the remaining 42 line bibles.
- Promotes research into the history of printing and of the book. Contains membership information, an application form , and a summary of the organization.
In Aedibus Aldi
- The legacy of Aldus Manutius and his press. A digital exhibition.
International Dunhuang Project Bookbinding Pages
- An introduction to the projects' collection. Includes a history of several styles of book binding in China.
Literary Resources -- Bibliography and History of the Book
- An index of web resources focusing on those of interest to scholars.
Mackenzie Heritage Printery Museum
- Working printing museum located in Queenston, Ontario, Canada. Based around William Lyon Mackenzie and the local newspaper industry. Contains links to history of the museum, events, exhibits, and photos.
Melbourne Museum of Printing
- A working and teaching museum located in Australia. Specializes in the preservation of letterpress printing.
- User-submitted stories and photographs from the era of hot metal. Also offers Downloads and a discussion forum.
Museum of Printing
- The home of a large collection of historical printing equipment, this non-profit organization is dedicated to preserving the history of the graphic arts, printing equipment and printing craftsmanship. North Andover, Massachusetts.
National Print Museum, Ireland
- Offers a quick tour, hours of operation, and a links page. Gives local and general history of printing, typesetting, and book binding.
Printing Historical Society
- Established to promote and encourage the study and knowledge of the world of print.
- One mans journey through an apprenticeship as a compositor starting in 1968. Covers monotype and linotype. Also talks about compositing before computerization.
Printing Museum, Tokyo
- Offers a cultural and technical look at the history of printing. Offers temporary and general exhibitions and a floor map.
Printing: Renaissance & Reformation
- An online exhibit that examines the development of printing and its influence on European culture.
Rare Book School
- Institute promotes study of history of books and printing. Includes course schedules. Currently located at the University of Virginia.
- Oral history project creating a recording and visual archive. Sample photographs of Scottish companies and interview transcripts.
St Bride Printing Library
- One of the specialist public reference libraries of the Corporation of London. Features world famous collections covering printing and related topics such as papermaking.
Sun Printers History
- The story of Sun Printers and Sun Engraving in Watford, England, from 1898 to 2004. Includes a list of people engaged with the company throughout its history and a photo gallery.
The History of Printing
- A concise history of the book and printing beginning in the 7th century A.D.. Contains many examples of printed works and links.
The Infancy of Printing
- A study of Renaissance print shops and the contributions of Yohann Gutenberg.
The Information Age and the Printing Press
- Looking backward to see ahead. A paper by James A. Dewar
Tramp Printer History
- Excerpts from the book Tramp Printers. A tramp printer was a craftsman who traveled about the world in search of work.
Virtual Museum of Printing
- Gives a virtual tour of many historical aspects of printing, binding and prepress.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:49:05 PM EST -