become an editor
the entire directory
only in Printing/History
Publishing and Printing
Recreation: Collecting: Books
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Economic History
Aspects of the Victorian Book
- Provides insight into the production and publishing of books in Britain during the nineteenth century.
Book Information Website
- Devoted to all aspects of books.
CARY GRAPHIC ARTS COLLECTION
- A library on printing history which contains several exhibits, manuscripts, news and events. Part of Rochester Institute of Technology.
Concise History of the British Newspaper
- A Concise History of the British Newspaper, century by century.
Daniel Traister's Home Page
- A listing of resources for the history of books and printing.
The Diamond Sutra
- The Silk Road Foundation's history of 'The Diamond Sutra'.
Digital Watermark & Ornament Catalogue
- A collection of watermarks and printers' ornaments used by William Stansby. Also includes a biography of William Stansby.
First 100 Years of Printing in British N. America
- A paper which concentrates on pre 1801 printing. It describes several printing families, licensing, innovations and technologies of that time period.
- Promotes research into the history of printing and of the book. Contains membership information, an application form , and a summary of the organization.
Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum
- Operated by volunteers of the Two Rivers Historical Society, the museum is dedicated to the preservation, study, production and printing of wood type.
A History of Letterpress Printing in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
- Shows the history of letterpress printing of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Details about blackletter typography, fraktur fonts, colonial American printing, and Pennsylvania German printing are included.
The History of Printing
- A concise history of the book and printing beginning in the 7th century A.D.. Contains many examples of printed works and links.
The Information Age and the Printing Press
- Looking backward to see ahead. A paper by James A. Dewar
International Dunhuang Project Bookbinding Pages
- An introduction to the projects' collection. Includes a history of several styles of book binding in China.
Literary Resources -- Bibliography and History of the Book
- An index of web resources focusing on those of interest to scholars.
Mackenzie Heritage Printery Museum
- Working printing museum located in Queenston, Ontario, Canada. Based around William Lyon Mackenzie and the local newspaper industry. Contains links to history of the museum, events, exhibits, and photos.
Melbourne Museum of Printing
- A working and teaching museum located in Australia. Specializes in the preservation of letterpress printing.
- User-submitted stories and photographs from the era of hot metal. Also offers Downloads and a discussion forum.
Museum of Printing
- The home of a large collection of historical printing equipment, this non-profit organization is dedicated to preserving the history of the graphic arts, printing equipment and printing craftsmanship. North Andover, Massachusetts.
National Print Museum, Ireland
- Offers a quick tour, hours of operation, and a links page. Gives local and general history of printing, typesetting, and book binding.
New Wave Canada
- This exhibition examines in detail the workings of one of Canada's most innovative and productive small presses, The Coach House Press, in the course of its first ten years of operation from 1965 to 1975. Also deals with the small press movement in Canada
Printing Historical Society
- Established to promote and encourage the study and knowledge of the world of print.
Printing Museum, Tokyo
- Offers a cultural and technical look at the history of printing. Offers temporary and general exhibitions and a floor map.
Printing: Renaissance & Reformation
- An online exhibit that examines the development of printing and its influence on European culture.
Rare Book School
- Institute promotes study of history of books and printing. Includes course schedules. Currently located at the University of Virginia.
- Oral history project creating a recording and visual archive. Sample photographs of Scottish companies and interview transcripts.
St Bride Printing Library
- One of the specialist public reference libraries of the Corporation of London. Features world famous collections covering printing and related topics such as papermaking.
Sun Printers History
- The story of Sun Printers and Sun Engraving in Watford, England, from 1898 to 2004. Includes a list of people engaged with the company throughout its history and a photo gallery.
Tramp Printer History
- Excerpts from the book Tramp Printers. A tramp printer was a craftsman who traveled about the world in search of work.
Virtual Museum of Printing
- Gives a virtual tour of many historical aspects of printing, binding and prepress.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 18, 2016 at 3:56:22 UTC -