the entire directory
only in Financial_Services/Venture_Capital
Capital Access - Financing
News and Media
Business: Small Business: Start Up
This category in other languages:
- Focus: leading international venture capital company.
Abundance Venture Capital
- Focus: private equity and venture capital investments for International investors who need protection of capital and tax-free returns.
Advanced Technology Ventures
- Investment focus: startup, first-round and later-stage investments in electronics, communications, software and health care.
- A global private equity firm investing exclusively in mid to upper mid market buyouts and selective growth capital investments.
Affiliated Managers Group
- Acquires majority interests in mid-sized investment management firms. Profiles the company, and affiliate products. Investor information. (NYSE: AMG)
Allantra Venture Development
- Technology business management consulting services.
Alliance Global Investments Inc.
- A private equity investment firm providing venture capital, investment banking, management consulting, and export development services.
- Focus: global venture capital research and advisory services.
American Capital Strategies
- Evaluates and secures financing for middle market companies.
American Securities Capital Partners
- Provides equity investments in privately and publicly held companies in numerous industries.
- Investment focus: early and expansion-stage companies in communications, information technologies, life sciences and specialty materials and chemicals.
- Investment focus: start-ups to later-stage buyouts in a broad range of industries, most notably healthcare, information technology, telecommunications, specialty retailing and new media.
- Focus: venture consulting and financial advisory for early-stage companies.
- Investment focus: companies with strong potential to become leaders in important information technology markets
Axa Private Equity
- Portfolio management company focusing on all the aspects of capital investment and private equity.
- Focus: venture capital or investment capital for small to mid-sized fast growing businesses.
- Focus: venture and expansion capital for private companies and growth capital for public companies in a wide range of industries.
The Bellwether Group
- Focus: provides strategy consulting, financial advisory, principal investing and acquisition capabilities to Southern California based high growth companies.
Bessemer Venture Partners
- Investment focus on entrepreneurial companies in healthcare, information systems, telecommunications and retailing.
Blue Point Capital Partners
- Focus: private equity investment firm that invests equity capital in middle market businesses.
Brockway Moran and Partners
- Investment focus: equity capital for acquisition recapitalization of middle-market companies.
Capital Venture Partners
- Investment focus: buyouts and venture capital funds.
- Focus: acquire businesses that can be grown through internal means and by add-on acquisitions.
CDC Capital Partners
- Private equity investors in emerging markets.
- Investment focus: middle market companies for buy-outs, recapitalizations, acquisitions and growth needs.
- Focus: private equity and venture capital firm focused in Southern California exclusively on investments in communications, media and related technologies.
CM Equity Partners
- Private equity fund focusing on the acquisition of middle-market manufacturing, distribution and service companies.
Concert Capital Partners
- Investment focus: private equity firm that partners with the founders and management teams of profitable businesses experiencing rapid growth.
- Focus: manages technology-oriented venture capital funds in France, Europe and Israel.
Cornerstone Capital Holdings
- Private equity firm focusing on middle market buyouts, recapitalizations and industry consolidations.
- An international advisory and private equity firm specializing in corporate venturing, providing experience and resources necessary to start new businesses.
- Focus: assessment of the contribution of multinational enterprises to human development in emerging and developing countries.
Darwin Venture Partners
- Investment focus: early-stage business development and financing connecting venture capital firms and Fortune 1000 opportunities.
Dimeling, Schreiber & Park
- Focus: private equity investments in a broad range of middle market companies having superior management teams.
- Investment focus: private equity investor and advisor focused on Southeastern U.S. businesses in the Life Science and Information Technology sectors.
- Focus: cross-Pacific venture capital, consulting and merger and acquisition company.
Edelson Technology Partners
- Investment focus: startups, second round and mezzanine financing and leveraged buyouts in a broad range of technologies.
Edison Venture Fund
- Investment focus: proprietary technologies or unique services in emerging markets, generally preferring expansion stage companies.
- Investment focus: profitable service and technology companies related to utilities and the broader energy marketplace but will also consider early-stage.
- Investment focus: privately held early-stage and emerging growth companies and selective leverage buy-outs of established companies.
Equilant Venture Advisors
- Produces presentations and diagrams that help entrepreneurial companies achieve success at key events, including venture funding, product launches, roadshows and customer sales.
- Investment focus: exploit the accelerating changes and advances in healthcare and information technologies.
- Focus: privately-owned diversified energy and investment company with global operations.
FLAG Capital Management, LLC
- Investment focus: manages limited partnerships through which qualified individuals, families and their trusts or foundations invest in venture capital funds.
- Investment focus: life science, information technology, and communications sectors.
Forest Hill Partners
- Investment focus: equity capital in management buyouts, turnarounds, recapitalizations, and growth financings.
- Investment focus: start-ups in their formative stages, and all subsequent financings as a company develops, involving Enterprise and Internet Software, Communications and Networking, Technical Software, and Semiconductors.
- Focus: capital for management buy-outs, going private transactions, and company expansion and growth programs.
- Private equity investment firm dedicated to investing in growing companies.
- Focus: venture capital and equity raising services.
- Investment focus: health care services, information technology services and consumer/industrial businesses.
Fulcrum Partners Ltd
- Offers training for those involved in all aspects of the venture capital and private equity markets.
- Raising venture capital by presenting to angel and venture investors.
Funk Ventures, Inc.
- Investment firm with focus on venture capital, business acceleration and real estate.
Gabriel Venture Partners
- Investment focus: funding through every stage of the company growth cycle.
- Focus: early-stage venture capital investment with focus on information technology and business services companies.
- Focus: investing in middle market companies.
General Atlantic Partners
- Investment focus: long term minority investor focused exclusively on software and services, and related information technologies.
- Funds breakthrough ventures and backs exceptional entrepreneurs via capital, business building resources and strategic support.
- Investment focus: all stages of corporate development for companies in the software, communications, and healthcare industries
- Investment focus: smaller, middle market opportunities in the areas of energy, utilities, industrial process and business services.
- Investment focus: software, hardware, data communications, telecommunications, financial services and management buy-outs of operating companies.
Harris & Harris Group, Inc.
- Venture capitalist investment company which supports private investee companies. (Nasdaq: HHGP).
- Investment focus: information technology companies, preferring either seed or first-round financings, or very late (last before IPO) stage investments
- Assists clients operating within the private industry with resolving day-to-day strategic issues, with emphasis on the venture capital and private equity environment.
- Focus: private equity fund which seeks value-added investments in small to medium sized private companies.
Industrial Growth Partners
- IGP provides private equity capital for management buyouts in middle-market manufacturing companies.
- Investment focus: early and expansion stage, technology-based businesses
Institutional Venture Partners
- Investment focus: leading early-stage companies with advanced technology in information and life sciences, and selectively in later stage opportunities
- Investment focus: seed and early-stage life science and technology companies located near the Research Triangle and Austin
- Investment focus: full range of stages in information technology, health care and non-technology ventures
JAFCO America Ventures, Inc.
- Investment focus: communications, software, information services, systems/peripherals and semiconductors
Japan Asia Investment Company
- Focus: industrial sectors that improve quality of life.
- Investment focus: telecommunications, software and information technologies, but will consider outstanding opportunities in other industries
- Investment focus: emerging companies with exceptional prospects for growth, strong fundamentals and superior products and/or services.
JP Morgan Partners
- Investment focus: private equity for a global investment opportunities including management buy-outs and recapitalizations, venture capital, growth equity and equity to reduce excessive debt burdens.
- A middle market, investment and advisory firm offering venture capital, investment banking services and business advisory services.
Khazaen Financial and Industrial Consulting
- Focus: company start-ups; early stage funding.
Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Investment focus: early-stage ventures, and includes the KPCB Java Fund
Koor Industries Ltd.
- Investment company with holdings in Israeli telecom, defense electronics, agro-chemicals and venture capital markets.
KPS Special Situations Fund
- Investment focus: constructive investing in turnarounds, restructurings, bankruptcies, employee buyouts and other special situations.
- Investment focus: early-stage companies seeking less than $1 million and involving digital technologies - information, communications, software, media/entertainment, and semiconductors
Lynwood Capital Partners
- Focus: acquiring or investing in niche businesses with revenues of ten to fifty million dollars.
Madison Dearborn Partners
- Focus: management buy-outs, growth equity financing, recapitalization and acquisition-oriented financing.
Marcus Venture Consulting
- Works with early stage technology and technology-related ventures to bridge the risk gap, and help entrepreneurs and financers achieve their goals.
- Investment focus: technology-based, private companies at various stages of development
- Investment focus: early-stage software and communications companies
- Investment focus: seed to second-round financing in companies with unique, information or healthcare technology-driven products and services that address well-defined needs in rapidly growing markets
- Venture capital and business finance facilitator and advisory firm.
MDB Capital Group, LLC
- MDB Capital Group is a merchant/investment banking firm that is a NASD registered broker/dealer located in Santa Monica, CA. MDB invests via Reg D private placements in public and private companies.
- Investment focus: private communications, Internet infrastructure, software, semiconductor, data storage, and computer hardware companies located in the United States.
Mergenet Solutions Inc.
- Focus: specializing in venture capital, management services, shell funding, private placement.
- Investment focus: early-stage ventures and "middle market" management-led buyouts involving information technology, health care or industrial technology
- Venture capital database and web application to help companies raise capital.
NCIC Capital Fund
- Focus: debt and equity financing for early-stage, technology based companies in Ohio and Indiana
Needham Capital Partners
- Focus: manages investment partnerships primarily in the equities of later-stage private growth companies.
New Enterprise Associates
- Investment focus: principally early-stage companies in information technology, medical and life sciences
New Era Partners
- Provides investor due diligence, business and technology consultative services to small and mid-size technology firms as well as the venture capital community.
New York Private Placement Network
- Focus: financial services firm and an online global marketplace for all classes of private securities.
North American Funds
- Focus: acquiring or making substantial equity investments in small businesses with significant growth potential.
North Bridge Venture Partners
- Investment focus: early-stage companies in software, communications and health care
Norwest Venture Capital
- Investment focus: startups, emerging growth companies, management buyouts, acquisitions and recapitalizations
Novak Biddle Venture Partners
- Investment focus: information technology companies in the very early stages through first round, but also later-stage opportunities and spin-outs where they can add significant value
Oak Investment Partners
- Investment focus: early-stage and selective restarts or recapitalizations of later-stage information technology, health care or retail companies
- Investment focus: early-stage investments in consumer and business-to-business Internet services, intranet-based business applications, interactive tools, multimedia and telecommunications
Pacific Horizon Ventures
- Investment focus: technology companies involving healthcare or life science; early-stages in the Northwest, later-stage deals can be anywhere in U.S.
Pacific Venture Group
- Investment focus: broad range of stages (startup through consolidation) involving healthcare services and information systems oriented towards a managed care solution
- Focus: Silicon Valley based seed and first round venture capital firm.
Palladium Equity Partners
- Focus: private investment firm founded by experienced operating executives and investment professionals.
Parallax Capital Partners
- Investment focus: acquisitions and investments in technology businesses.
Peninsula Capital Partners
- Investment focus: subordinated debt and equity to superior middle-market companies requiring capital to fund growth or other special situations.
- Offers investment database with contacts to investors, financiers, and venture capital firms.
The Providencia Partnership
- Focus: business and project availability of funding, strategic management and due-diligence assessment.
PureTech Ventures LLC
- Supports life science ventures based on breakthroughs from research institutions, providing management support and seed funding.
- Focus: private equity investment firm seeking to partner with successful management teams to complete leveraged acquisitions or recapitalizations of leading middle-market companies.
- Investment focus: early-stage service, financial, retail, and manufacturing companies, mostly in the Mid-Atlantic states
Regulation D Resources
- Focus: provide the framework to raise venture capital and angel investment.
- Focus: organizes and invests in the acquisition of select, well-established middle market companies.
River Cities Capital Funds
- Investment focus: 1st round and follow-on for Midwest companies in a variety of industries; not seed or startup stages -- must be actively selling their product or service
Rockies Venture Club
- Focus: non-profit that connects entrepreneurs, service professionals, investors, venture capitalists and other funding sources.
- Focus: investing in and acquiring companies and working with their management to build profitable and successful businesses.
Roser Ventures, LLC
- Investment focus: early-stage companies across a broad range of industries and located in the Rocky Mountain region
RoundTable Healthcare Partners
- Investment focus: operating-oriented private equity firm focused on the healthcare industry.
- Investment focus: expansion stage information technology ventures
The Sable Lion Group
- Private-equity holding company focused on cultivating emerging growth companies; primarily technology related.
- Focus: European-based advisor specialized in consultancy services dedicated to the private equity industry.
- Investment focus: early-stage health care services (including health care information technology) companies
- Investment focus: seed and early-stage new biomedical market opportunities, including emerging technology
Second Venture Corporation
- Runs a proprietary venture exchange network to enable venture capital funds and angel groups to better manage their deal flow.
Seidler Equity Partners
- Investment focus: established, growing, niche-dominant manufacturing and service businesses.
- Investment focus: Seed stage, early stage and growth stage emerging technology companies across the US, China, India and Israel.
Seven Hills Partners
- Focus: investments and buy-outs of entrepreneurial enterprises, primarily in the areas of healthcare and interactive media.
Sevin Rosen Funds
- Investment focus: early-stage (and follow-on rounds) for information sciences and life sciences companies
- Investment focus: early-stage healthcare, information technology-related companies and service businesses
- Investment focus: ventures of all stages, primarily in technology-based companies, but also non-technology
Signal Lake Venture Fund
- Investment focus: early-stage broadband telecom and networking infrastructure being built for the global economy.
- Focus: provide funding to early-stage high technology start-ups.
- Community development venture capital fund which finances recycling, remanufacturing, environmental and other companies.
Small Enterprise Assistance Funds (SEAF)
- Provides equity financing to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in developing countries, emerging markets and in countries undergoing economic transition.
- Focus: invests in promising private companies across a number of industries and in the public debt and equity markets.
- Investment focus: emerging early-, mid- and later-stage companies in the greater San Diego area involving health care, electronics, high technology, or consumer products
South Atlantic Venture Funds
- Investment focus: expansions, acquisitions, buyouts and recapitalizations located in Florida, the Southeast and Texas
Southeastern Technology Fund
- Investment focus: 1st or 2nd round investments in Southeastern US companies providing information technology and solutions to the healthcare, and telecommunication industries
Spring Capital Partners, L.P.
- Investment Focus: mezzanine financing for growing small and medium-sized businesses.
- Offers programs which educate, showcase and support women entrepreneurs as they seek equity capital and grow their companies.
- Investment focus: startups, expansion financing and management buyouts involving business to business services, communications, distribution, education, health care services, information technologies, life science products, or retail
- Investment focus: primarily Southeast and Texas companies at various stages of development involving software and technology, consumer services and retail, telecommunications, healthcare services, and business services
The StartUp Lab
- Focus: business and venture development company providing services to venture capitalists and early-stage companies.
The Sterling Group
- Focus: private equity firm engaged in the acquisition and ownership of operating businesses.
Sterling Investment Partners
- Focus: middle-market company buy-outs and capital for ownership transitions, growth and financial restructuring.
Strategic Investments & Holdings
- Focus: acquires and grows successful companies in partnership with operating management.
Summer Street Capital Partners
- Focus: private equity fund, venture capital, investment, financing.
- Focus: profitable companies which are poised for continued growth in the fields of software, technology, information services, healthcare, and financial services
Sutter Hill Ventures
- Investment focus: technology-based startups which pioneer products or services in growth markets
Svoboda, Collins L.L.C.
- Focus: investing in and building value-added service and distribution companies with fundamentally sound operating models.
Swander Pace Capital
- San Francisco-based firm providing value-added investing in consumer products companies.
- Investment focus: profitable private growth companies in software, technology, healthcare, financial services, media and consumer products
Tech Coast Venture Network
- Non-profit organization bringing together users and providers of resources for new and emerging businesses.
Technology Crossover Ventures
- Investment focus: growth capital to expansion stage information technology companies
- Focus: seed stage information technology ventures located in Northern California
- Focus: seed or first stage ventures involving information processing, communications or health care
- Focus: private equity company of the digital economy, active on a worldwide scale through a knowledge network.
Thames Valley Investment Network
- Links investors to companies with high growth potential who are seeking funding from £50,000 to £1million.
TI (Texas Instruments) Ventures, L.P.
- Investment focus: early-stage technology companies involving software infrastructure and hardware applications leveraging digital signal processing (DSP) and related technologies
- Investment focus: category-defining, early-stage companies in information technology, communications and biotechnology.
- Investment focus: early-stage British technology companies
- Investment focus: exclusively in information and business services companies, including content providers, transaction processors, application software and Internet products and services
- Investment focus: early-stage companies in three industries -- computer software, electronic commerce, and communications
- Focus: partners with fundless sponsors to acquire profitable manufacturing companies.
Tullis-Dickerson & Co.
- Investment focus: small and mid-sized emerging growth healthcare companies.
Turkven Private Equity
- Focus: affiliate of Advent International investing in Turkish companies.
- Venture capital for technology and life sciences companies.
U.S. Venture Partners (USVP)
- Investment focus: principally companies headquartered in the Western United States in three sectors of industry: medical, technology and retail/consumer
Vanguard Venture Partners
- Investment focus: pre-revenue stage in information technology and life sciences sectors
- Sells online reference manual on all aspects of venture capital, including forms, annotations and polls.
- Investment focus: Early-stage ventures particularly in the data communications and electronic design automation (EDA) industries.
- Venture capital arm of the Rockefeller family with investment focus: a high percentage of investments are seed or first round, and second round investments are considered where there is a complete management team and demonstrated progress toward market leadership
Venture Planning Associates
- Consulting services for business finance and funding strategies for entrepreneurs.
- Investment focus: trans-Atlantic expansion for proven U.S and European technology companies
- Investment focus: early-stage technology companies involving software, interactive services and related enabling technology.
Warburg Pincus Ventures
- Providing investments in information technology, healthcare, media, communications, energy, financial and business services.
Waterside Capital Corp
- Waterside Capital is a publicly held company headquartered in Norfolk, VA. Founded in 1993, the company is a licensed Small Business Investment Company (SBIC) and has $50 million in capital to invest.
Weiss, Peck & Greer - Venture Partners
- Investment focus: early- and expansion-stage information technology and life sciences companies throughout the US
Westaim Corporation (The)
- Operates two high technology businesses: iFre Technology, Westaim Biomedical; two industrial technology businesses: Surface Engineered Products and Aerospace Products; and two industrial products businesses: Coinage and Chemicals. (Nasdaq: WEDX).
Weston Presidio Capital
- Investment focus: later-stage growth companies, recapitalizations and buyouts in a diverse set of industries
William Blair & Company, LLC
- Focus: early-stage venture capital, growth equity, and leveraged equity recapitalizations and management buyouts across a broad range of industries
Wind Point Partners
- Investment focus: all stages of development, from expansion capital for emerging growth companies to sponsoring acquisitions or recapitalizations
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 18, 2014 at 5:35:04 UTC -