become an editor
the entire directory
only in Associations/United_Kingdom
Banks and Institutions
Open Directory - Business: Financial Services: Banking Services: Banks and Institutions: Associations: United Kingdom
Business: Financial Services: Banking Services: Credit Unions: Regional: United Kingdom
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Business and Economy: Financial Services
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Business and Economy: Financial Services: Organisations
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Economy
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Regulatory Bodies: Finance and Auditing
British Bankers' Association
- Details of the definition of the London Inter-Bank Offered Rate (Libor), the composition of the BBA Libor panels, recent and historical fixings of Libor in GBP, USD, EUR, JPY, CHF, AUD, CAD, DKK, NZD, and former national currency units, and the BBA Sterling General Collateral fixing. Also other information about the wholesale financial markets, and standard policies for retail and corporate accounts.
Arab Bankers Association
- Develops ties between Arab finance professionals working in the UK and elsewhere.
Association of British Credit Unions
- Trade association for credit unions, financial co-operatives owned and controlled by the members.
Association of Friendly Societies
- Trade association for UK's mutually owned friendly societies.
British Cheque Cashers Association
- The trade association of the cheque cashing industry in the UK, providing representation for its members to the government and to regulatory bodies in London and Brussels.
Building Societies Association
- List of member building societies, back copies of the annual newsletter, and various press releases.
Building Societies Members Association
- Since 1982 representing the interests of all building society members, being concerned for genuine mutuality and democracy in the running of building societies.
Chartered Institute of Bankers in Scotland
- Provider of banking professional qualifications to the banking and financial services sector.
Committee of Scottish Clearing Bankers
- The representative body of the four Scottish clearing banks: Bank of Scotland; Royal Bank of Scotland; Clydesdale Bank; and Lloyds TSB Scotland.
Council of Mortgage Lenders
- The trade association for mortgage lenders in the UK. Policy submissions and responses, and other press releases.
Finance and Leasing Association
- The Finance and Leasing Association is the industry body for the asset finance, consumer finance and motor finance sectors.
Financial Markets Law Committee
- Identifies issues of legal uncertainty in wholesale financial markets which might give rise to material risks. Also acts as a bridge to the judiciary.
Gibraltar Bankers' Association
- Includes links to members and a guide for clients opening accounts in Gibraltar.
The Guild of International Bankers
- Combining the traditions of the City Livery Companies with a modern outlook on the financial services sector.
International Financial Services London
- IFSL promotes the international activities of UK-based financial institutions and professional and business services. Includes analysis and statistics on financial services.
Isle of Man Bankers Association
- Representing the interests of banking licence holders on the Isle of Man; providing a forum to discuss issues from regulation to new technology.
Jersey Bankers Association
- List of committee members, links to member banks, and a diary of meetings.
Joint Money Laundering Steering Group
- Service provided by the British Bankers' Association on behalf of JMLSG and containing important information about countering money laundering.
London Bullion Market Association
- Association of banks, fabricators, refiners, shippers and brokers involved in precious metals trading in London.
The London Gold Market Fixing
- Includes a detailed history of the fixing, and of the five firms participating in it. Also has most recent fixes, and charts.
- Agency of the British Bankers' Association that handles claims relating to accounts frozen under World War II legislation.
Scottish Clearing Banks
- The Committee of Scottish Clearing Bankers, which is the representative body of the four Scottish clearing banks. History of banking in Scotland and aspects of Scottish banknotes.
Turkish Bankers Association - UK
- Brings together Turkish nationals working in banking in the United Kingdom. Includes career vacancies, and pictures of the annual ball.
Wholesale Markets Brokers' Association
- Provides details of SONIA (Sterling Over-Night Interbank Average), and also of EURONIA, both of which are used in OIS (Overnight Index Swaps).
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, October 22, 2012 6:15:02 PM EDT -