become an editor
the entire directory
only in Renewable/Hydro
Science: Technology: Energy: Renewable: Hydro
Science: Technology: Energy: Renewable: Ocean Sources: Waves
Science: Technology: Structural Engineering: Dams
This category in other languages:
Addnew Technologies Limited
- Supplier of equipment and tailor-made solutions for new and existing hydroelectric power plants.
Alaska Power and Telephone Company
- Local, employee-owned company building state-of-the-art hydro electric power facilities for Alaskan communities.
Alterra Power Corp
- Provides renewable hydro power through run of river hydro dams to customers in North America.
- Designs, manufactures, and supplies complete turbine units and turnkey generating equipment packages. Also specializes in upgrading existing Francis, Propeller, and Kaplan reversible pump-turbines and pumps worldwide.
ASL AQFlow Inc.
- Flow meters useful for hydro-electric plants, low head dam flow measurements, turbine efficiency, spillway discharge measurements, and flow monitoring at short intake power plants.
- Offers ocean power systems that utilize biomimicry and are designed to minimise environmental footprint. Lists news items, illustrations of their technology, current projects, and target markets. Based in NSW, Australia.
Bonneville Power Administration
- Department of Energy agency that operates the Federal Columbia River Power System which markets and distributes electrical power generated by 29 federal dams and one non-federal nuclear plant.
British Hydropower Association
- Trade association representing the interests of the hydropower industry. Promotes the use of small hydropower and lobbies to protect its members' interests.
Canadian Dam Association
- Goal is to advance the implementation of practices to ensure the safe operation of dams in Canada. Contains newsletters, links, membership and contact information.
Cink Hydro Energy k.s.
- Manufacturer of hydroelectric units using high efficiency (84%) X-flow turbines with max/min flow ratios of 3+, ideal for run-of-river applications. Available in portable and stationary units.
Dependable Turbines Ltd
- Specializing in the design and manufacture of mini hydro-electric turbines, ranging from 1 KW to 10,000 KW.
Energy Systems and Design, Ltd.
- Micro-hydroelectric components manufacturing including the Stream Engine and low-head models, also site analysis, renewable energy systems and installation services.
The European Marine Energy Centre
- Test sites provide ocean energy developers the opportunity to test full scale grid connected prototype devices in unrivaled wave and tidal conditions.
- Turnkey contractor of hydroelectric power plants and equipment supplier established in 1992 as an affiliate to the Islamic Republic of Iran's Ministry of Energy. Site is in English and Farsi.
From Energies International
- Contact information, project photos, and descriptions from this Spanish company specializing in the construction and operation of hydroelectric power plants and selling the energy produced to the national backbone grids in different countries of the world.
Grande Dixence S.A.
- Operate hydroelectric facilities in Valais, Switzerland. Includes history and culture, environment and technology.
- Supplier of components to microhydro system developers worldwide. Located in western USA (Utah). Custom turgo runners and nozzles to meet hydro site specific needs.
Hydroacoustic Technology, Inc.
- Manufactures hydroacoustic fisheries research equipment, and conducts hydroacoustic research in the marine environment, in lakes and rivers, and at hydropower dams.
- Manufacturer of in-stream hydrokinetic turbines for clean energy generation around the world.
International Hydropower Association
- Members include corporations, engineers, researchers, educational establishments, and individuals working or studying in the field of hydropower. Promotes the awareness of the role hydropower can play in sustainable development implemented in an environmentally and socially acceptable way.
International Journal on Hydropower and Dams
- International technical and business journal for the hydroelectric and dam engineering professions, and for water resources development and management. Contains subscription information, an industry directory, and statistics.
International Network on Small Hydro Power
- A non-profit organization that promotes the development of small hydro power worldwide as a clean, renewable means of rural electrification.
Itaipu Hydroelectric Power Plant
- Features company overview, historical background, resources, official documents and board members.
James Leffel and Co.
- Turbine manufacturer for hydroelectric and water power. Francis, impulse and propeller runners, gate casings, wicket gates, shafts, and bearings.
- Specializing in the production of electricity from emission free renewable energy sources in Iceland.
- Directories, discussion forums, case studies, theory, references, and downloads related to microhydro.
Nam Theun 2 Power Company Limited
- Details of a collaborative effort between Lao PDR and Thailand to export 995 MW of electricity to Thailand by 2009.
New Energy Corporation Inc.
- Manufacturer of hydrokinetic power generation systems for generating electricity from tides and rivers.
- UK. Turbine manufacturer and installer. Contains turbine specifications, instructions for flow and head measurement, site evaluation information, and examples of specific installations.
Norcan Hydraulic Turbine Inc.
- Canadian manufacturer of hydraulic turbines and turbine components serving the small and mini hydro, manufacturing and services market.
Northwest Hydroelectric Association
- Regional association advocating the hydropower industry. Contains information about northwestern hydropower.
Ocean Power Technologies
- Uses off-shore buoys to capture wave energy. Lists technologies, current projects, and an FAQ.
Ocean Renewable Energy Group
- Advocates the wave energy, tidal energy, and in-stream (hydrokinetic) energy industries in Canada and internationally.
OpenHydro Group Limited
- Manufacturer of marine turbines to generate renewable energy from tidal streams.
- Manufacturer of small power stations with more than 100 years of experience.
- Contact information and product descriptions for this supplier of micro-hydro power products for home and industry.
Rainbow Power Company
- Designs, manufactures, sells and installs renewable energy equipment based on solar, wind, hydro and biomass energy sources.
Russell Benussi Associates
- Appointed UK and European representatives for a number of leading manufacturers of equipment for the power and process industries.
Scottish Hydro Electric
- Generator and supplier of electricity, gas and telecommunications services in northern Scotland. Product and service details, including savings calculator and application form.
Tamar Designs Pty. Ltd.
- Australian firm that designs and manufactures hydro-turbines ranging in size from megawatt units for power stations to tiny battery charging units. Also supplies electrical control, protection and switchboard equipment, refurbishes existing turbines and control systems, and does system design.
Wasserkraft Volk AG
- Manufacturer of hydro power stations and equipment.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 10, 2015 at 6:15:04 UTC -