the entire directory
only in Operating_Companies/Exploration_and_Production
Oil and Gas
Exploration and Production
Prospects and Investments
Aera Energy LLC
- California oil and gas producer with operating properties extending from the LA Basin in the south to the Sacramento Delta in the north.
American Shoreline, Inc. (AMSHORE)
- Operations focus in Colorado, New Mexico and Texas.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Operations in Alaska, western Canada, Rocky Mountains, mid- continent, Permian, Texas, Louisiana and Gulf of Mexico; and internationally in Algeria, Tunisia, West Africa and Australia (NYSE: APC).
- Australian-based, operating in Turkey, Australia, and in the Anadarko basin in Oklahoma and Kansas.
- Operations in the United States, Canada, Egypt, Western Australia, Argentina, Poland and China.
Aruba Petroleum Inc.
- Operations focused on Barnett Shale plays in north Texas, and on the Anakarko Basin in Oklahoma.
Black Diamond Energy, Inc.
- Driller and developer of Coal Bed Methane in the Powder River Basin in Northeastern Wyoming.
Black River Royalties, Ltd.
- Acquiring leases in the southern tier of New York and the northern tier of Pennsylvania with emphasis on the Trenton-Black River natural gas play.
- Ohio oil and gas operator.
- Operates primarily in California. Also pursuing exploration in Wyoming, Texas, Louisiana and shallow Gulf of Mexico.
Brigham Exploration Company
- Operates in Oklahoma, West Texas and onshore Gulf Coast. Emphasizes use of seismic imaging techniques.
Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation
- Operating in the onshore Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast, Rocky Mountains, Appalachia and Mid-Continent.
Cairn Energy PLC
- International operator. Current operations are primarily in the North Sea and the Indian Subcontinent. Based in Scotland.
Callon Petroleum Company
- Operations in Louisiana, Alabama and offshore Gulf of Mexico.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.
- An oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta. Operations are focused in Western Canada, the North Sea and offshore West Africa.
Clayton Williams Energy
- Operates primarily in Texas, Louisiana and New Mexico. The company has expertise with horizontal drilling and the use of 3-D seismic.
Compton Petroleum Ltd.
- Calgary-based independent operating in Western Canada.
Comstock Resources, Inc.
- Operating in Texas, Louisiana, and the Gulf of Mexico.
Continental Energy Corporation
- A small independent operator concentrating on Indonesian concessions which total 3.7 million acres.
Crown Exploration, Ltd
- Specializes in exploration and natural gas drilling with special emphasis on the Barnett Shale play of North Texas.
D and L Energy, Inc.
- Oil and gas exploration, development and marketing in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Dave Easom Production Company, Inc.
- Exploration and Production operations and consulting in SW Mississippi and N. Central Louisiana.
Denbury Resources, Inc.
- Independent oil and natural gas producer.
Derek Oil & Gas Corporation
- Operates previously uneconomic heavy oil reservoirs using steam and gas assisted gravity drainage and low temperature oxidation technologies.
Devon Energy Corporation
- Oil and gas exploration, production and property acquisition (NYSE: DVN).
Diaz Resources Ltd.
- A Calgary-based company operating mostly in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Texas.
Emerald Energy Plc.
- Operates in Columbia, Argentina, Denmark and the Appalachian basin of USA. Based in United Kingdom.
- Diversified energy company, focusing on natural gas distribution, and oil and gas exploration and production. (NYSE:EGN).
- Production in Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, South Africa and the United Kingdom. Has petroleum interests in 11 countries in sub-Saharan and North Africa.
Enhanced Oil Resources, Inc.
- Enhanced oil recovery company that is developing helium and carbon dioxide resources.
EOG Resources Inc.
- Engaged in the exploration and development, production and marketing of natural gas and crude oil . Features operations overview, career opportunities, and investor information. ( NYSE: EOG )
Essar Oil Limited
- Offshore and onshore exploration and production in India. Bombay High production.
EXCO Resources, Inc.
- Explores for and produces oil and natural gas. (Nasdaq: EXCO).
Forest Oil Corporation
- Explores for, develops, acquires, exploits and produces oil and natural gas, primarily in the Gulf of Mexico, Alaska, and Western Canada. Includes corporate data, investor center, and career opportunities. (Nasdaq: FST).
Forum Energy Corporation
- Independent energy company listed on the NASD OTC Bulletin Board (FRUEF) and the Frankfurt and Munich Stock Exchanges (FE8).
Future Petroleum Company LLC
- Independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company with domestic areas of operations in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and California
- Utah company, with operations focused in Poland.
Gastar Exploration Ltd.
- Operates in the Oklahoma Hunton Limestone, West Virginia Marcellus Shale and the deep Bossier natural gas plays in East Texas. Operations and investor relations. (NYSE MKT: GST)
Harvest Natural Resources
- Formerly Benton Oil and Gas. Operating mainly in Venezuela and Russia.
- Operates mostly in southeast Texas and Gulf Coast region.
Houston Energy, Inc.
- Exploring offshore Gulf of Mexico, Louisiana and Texas Gulf Coast. Also West Texas/southeast New Mexico.
Hydro Oil and Energy
- Operating on the Norwegian continental shelf. Company also operates in Angola, Canada, Libya and Russia, with prospects in Iran and the Mexican Gulf.
- Focused on oil and gas exploration, discover and produce commercially viable hydrocarbons and facilitate efficient seismic data management . Features information on products and services, investor data, technology center, and careers. ( OTC/BB:HYPD )
Icon Energy, Limited
- Australian company, operating in the Cooper-Eromanga and Surat-Bowen Basins of Queensland, Australia.
- Focusing on coalbed methane. Properties in Green River Basin of Wyoming and elsewhere. Also provide oilfield services in Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Wyoming.
- Operating in Victoria, South Australia and Queensland.
LINN Energy, LLC
- Independent oil producer located in southern California and operations in the mid-continent region.
- Swedish company operating in Sudan and Iran.
Magellan Petroleum Corporation
- Explores for, develops and produces oil and gas. (Nasdaq: MPET).
Mark L. Shidler Inc.
- Operations in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Mississippi.
- Operating primarily in Saskatchewan, Canada. Also provides third party management of hydrocarbons operations.
Mount Dakota Energy Corporation
- Operating in Alberta and Kansas.
Mountain V Oil and Gas, Inc.
- Operating in West Virginia and Pennsylvania.
Norwest Energy NL
- Operating in the north and west of Australia.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Engages in oil and gas exploration and production in the US and the Middle East. Its chemicals unit manufactures chloralkali products, PVC, and a range of performance products.
- Involved in oil and gas production, natural gas processing, gathering, storage and transmission in the mid-continent areas of the United States. Furthermore marketing and trading of natural gas. Based in Tulsa, OK 74102, USA. (NYSE:OKE)
Oracle Energy Inc.
- Energy company actively engaged in the exploration and development of a suite of oil prospects situated on Yemen's Red Sea coast proximate to the Saudi Arabian border.
Pan Pacific Petroleum NL
- Australian mining company with projects in the Taranaki and Carnarvon Basin.
Pancontinental Oil and Gas NL
- Operating in Australia, New Zealand and Africa.
Patterson Energy, Inc.
- Performs onshore contract drilling of oil and gas wells. (Nasdaq: PTEN).
Penneco Oil Company, Inc.
- Operates in western Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Investors can participate in drilling partnerships.
Petroquest Energy Inc
- Explores and develops oil and gas producing properties onshore and offshore in the Gulf Coast region. (Nasdaq: PQUE).
Pinnacle Energy Ltd.
- UK based exploration and production, asset management and consulting company.
Pioneer Natural Resources Company
- Large independent with operations in the United States, Canada, Argentina, South Africa, Gabon and Tunisia.
Premier Oil plc.
- Exploration and production operations in Asia, the Middle East and Pakistan, the North Sea and West Africa.
Primeline Energy Holdings Inc.
- Canadian company, operating in China.
- An energy developer engaged in oil and gas exploration and production, gas processing and gathering, gas and liquids trading, interstate gas transmission and storage, retail gas distribution, and telecommunications and information technologies. (NYSE: STR)
Ranken Energy Corporation
- Operating in Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and Utah.
Red Rock Energy Partners
- A privately owned company engaged in the development of oil and gas reserves, with core properties in east Texas, western Louisiana and the Anadarko basin.
Resource America, Inc.
- Performs real estate finance and equipment leasing. Owns energy operations, including natural gas and oil production. (Nasdaq: REXI).
Rex Energy Corporation
- An independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, production, exploration and development of oil and gas, with properties concentrated in the Appalachian, Illinois and Permian regions.
Roxanna Oil Company
- Independent oil and gas exploration company specializing in the creation of new energy play opportunities, as well as review of investment opportunities.
Royale Energy, Inc.
- Explores for, develops and produces oil and natural gas. (Nasdaq: ROYL).
Ruwco Oil and Gas Corporation
- Operates in the Permian basin.
SandRidge Energy, Inc.
- Oil and gas exploration and production operations. Based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Explores for, and develops oil and natural gas properties. (Nasdaq: STOSY).
Soco International Plc
- Production in Yemen, Mongolia, Russia and Tunisia. Exploration in SE Asia. Headquarters in United Kingdom.
Sovereign Oil & Gas Company
- Generate, market and manage international upstream oil and gas projects and property acquisitions, including both industry and government oil companies.
St. Mary Land & Exploration Company
- Exploration and enhanced recovery in Anadarko, Williston, and Permian basins. Also Arklatex area, West Texas and coastal Louisiana.
- Holds equity interest in Gulf of Mexico gas leases. Exploring offshore Philippines.
Stone Energy Corporation
- Independent oil and gas company.Includes corporate profile, investor information, and areas of operation. ( NYSE:SGY )
Strike Oil NL
- Australian company seeking oil, gas and coalbed methane in six Australian sedimentary basins.
Suncor Energy, Inc.
- Mines and sells oil and gas, operates retail shops under Sunoco brand, and supplies energy, both from oil/gas and renewable sources. Based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 2V5. (TSX:SU; NYSE:SU)
Sundance Energy, Inc.
- Independent energy exploration company with interests in Australia and the US.
Superior Energy Services, Inc.
- Provides specialized equipment and services, including fishing tools, high pressure valves, and blowout prevention for use in inland wells and off-shore operations. History, investor data and global projects. (Nasdaq: SESI)
Swift Energy Company
- An independent oil and natural gas company with operations in Louisiana and Texas. Based in Houston, Texas. (NYSE:SFY)
Talisman Energy, Inc.
- Independent oil and gas exploration and production company. Includes corporate, financial, and investor data, company news, operating areas, and careers. ( NYSE: TLM )
- Swedish-base exploration and production company operating in Spain, Denmark, and Turkey.
Toreador Resources Corporation
- Produces oil and gas through the ownership of mineral and royalty interests and working interests in mineral properties. (Nasdaq: TRGL).
- Family owned businesses dealing with oil and gas exploration, drilling, brokerage, trucking and ranching.
Tullow Oil Plc.
- UK registered, operating in India, Africa, and in Europe.
Tundra Oil and Gas, Ltd.
- Focus in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta, Canada. Operates approximately 300 wells.
US Oil & Gas Corp.
- Operating in Illinois, Kentucky and Indiana.
Vista Resources Inc.
- Gas production, pipelining, reserve acquisitions and marketing in the Appalachian Basin.
WhitMar Exploration Company
- Focusing on the Mid-Continent and Gulf Coast regions. Houston, Texas company.
- Operating in the Alberta, Williston, Permian, Anadarko, East Texas and south Florida basins.
Zion Oil and Gas
- Dallas-based company with properties in Israel. Shares production revenues to support Jewish and Christian charities.
Exploration and Production
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 15, 2015 at 12:07:51 UTC -