the entire directory
only in Building_Types/Sustainable_Architecture
Construction and Maintenance
Straw Bale Construction
Arts: Architecture: Experimental: Sustainable
Business: Construction and Maintenance: Environmental
Business: Energy: Consulting
Science: Environment: Products and Services: Consultants
Science: Environment: Sustainability: Permaculture
Science: Environment: Sustainability: Sustainable Living
Science: Technology: Energy: Conservation: Building Energy Efficiency
Society: Issues: Environment: Sustainable Development
This category in other languages:
- General information about sustainable construction.
- Designer and researcher based in CO who writes on design and Passive House and hyper-localization of sustainable buildings. Includes a blog and building science information.
Berkebile Nelson Immenschuh McDowell Architects
- Architecture firm with a focus on sustainable architecture. Includes research papers on other methods than LEED of assessing building performance.
- Information and resources about building energy efficiency for designers, owners and operators provided by the NorthWest Energy Efficiency Alliance.
Building Science Corporation
- Boston-based architecture and building science consulting firm. Site contains many articles about sustainable building practices and guides for house design based on climate type.
- Publisher of Environmental Building News and the GreenSpec directory. Developer of the BuildingGreen Suite, a research tool for green design. Articles about green topics.
Center for Research in Alternate Systems of Energy
- Design dissertation project outlining the use of alternate energy systems and principles of climatic architecture to reduce energy consumption in buildings. Includes a pilot project for a research campus. Good explanatory diagrams.
- Program started by Portland (OR) General Electric Company to support sustainable design of residential and commercial projects with consulting services and the Earth Advantage building certification program.
Earth Investor Building and Supply
- Provider of prefabricated buildings that use recycled and sustainable products.
- Community-supported directory of green building products, services, resources.
- A knowledge base of environmentally-preferable materials, products, and technologies.
Energy Design Tools
- Software tools to analysis climate, sunlight, and building construction. Includes links to climate data files used by the programs. Developed at UCLA to run on PC compatible computers running DOS 3.1 or higher and Windows 95/98/NT.
EPA Green Building
- A gateway to numerous U.S. Environmental Protection Agency webpages on how to improve the environmental performance of buildings, with sections covering energy use, building materials, indoor air quality, water conservation and waste.
- Design and installation of sustainable building systems, including installation of green energy systems, living roofs and walls, solar geothermal HVAC, and strawbale homes. Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
Geiger Research Institute of Sustainable Building
- Resources and information on sustainable construction with a focus on poverty housing, including training in straw bale construction, sustainable house plans, directory of articles, consulting services, and a blog.
- Voluntary training and certification program for construction professionals that is allied with the U.S. Green Building Council. Certification is based on the University of Florida's Build Green and Profit workshop that teaches concepts and techniques to conserve resources more effectively while profitably producing energy and water efficient housing.
Green Building Advisor
- Partnership between BuildingGreen and Taunton Press. Green home case studies, discussion forums, blog, and a green encyclopedia. Subscription provides access to construction details in PDF or DWG format, detailed strategies, and a green-products database with reviews.
Green Building at Penn State
- A research program in sustainable construction at Penn State University Department of Architectural Engineering. Includes a multi-university program exploring sustainable housing solutions for American Indians.
Green Building Concepts
- Tools to build a more energy and resource efficient home.
Green Built Home
- Program implemented by the Wisconsin Environmental Initiative that promotes green building by using sustainable building and energy standards to review and certify new homes and remodeling projects. Named Green Building Program of the Year (2006) by the National Association of Home Builders.
Green Home Building
- Focuses on sustainable architecture strategies, natural building methods, and examples of vernacular architecture, with lists of books and related web sites. Also information on dealing with building codes when using natural building materials.
- Reviews and advice for green remodeling and living. Articles, directories of recommended products and green building professionals and retailers.
- GreenHomeNYC facilitates the adoption of sustainable building methods and materials by owners of small residential and commercial buildings in New York City. Includes links and listing of local events.
Habitat Technology Group
- A non-governmental organization (NGO) located in India that promotes sustainable building solutions through training and advocacy.
HOK Sustainability News
- News about HOK's sustainable planning, design, and delivery strategies.
- Offers information about green building, sustainable design, and environmentally friendly building materials, including articles, editorial, reports, research, a buyer’s guide and online bookstore.
International Living Future Institute
- Publishers of the Living Building Challenge performance standard for sustainable building.
International Passive House Conference
- News and information on programme, themes, presentation papers, speakers, exhibition and field trips. Frankfurt, Germany. Includes links to previous conferences. [English, German]
- Produces a line of homes featuring modern design and green materials. Shows sample interiors and exteriors.
- Description of the process of constructing mud buildings in India.
NAHB National Green Building Program
- Voluntary residential green building program featuring an online scoring tool, and certification and education programs.
- Information and resources on low-impact construction methods. Includes links to building projects and workshops, and an interactive map of homes around the world.
- Consulting firm that assists companies and communities improve their environmental performance by using ecological models to reduce waste and energy use. E-letter, primer on sustainability, and links to articles and other resources.
Natural Resources Defense Council
- Articles, links, reports, unpublished research, policy and technical analysis, and Congressional testimony relating to sustainable design and construction.
- Manufacturer of custom-designed house kits built with sustainable methods and materials.
Northeast Sustainable Energy Association
- Regional group promoting responsible energy use through education about green building practices. Publishers of "Northeast Sun". Site also includes information on energy and transportation.
Oklahoma Building Summit
- Conference focusing on sustainable design, construction, and operation of homes.
Paladino Green Building Strategies
- Design/development to incorporate green building strategies and sustainable development approaches to create a new kind of building.
Pure Build Homes
- Designs and builds rammed earth and adobe houses in Tucson and Southern Arizona. Information about design, general contracting, and wall ramming services.
Solar Bubble Build
- Interior-environment control system that uses liquid bubble insulation, dynamic liquid cooling, and solar energy collection.
- Sustainable development in the Malpais/Montezuma area of Costa Rica. Illustrations of tropical eco-house concept, links to resources in Costa Rica.
- Educational group that provides workshops and presentations on straw bale construction, thatching, ecovillages, permaculture, and sustainable living.
Sustainable Architecture: Eco Design and Landscaping, Urbanism
- An archive of information about sustainable architecture and urbanism collected by Robert D. Hotten, MLA
- An educational traveling display to illustrate and promote leading-edge sustainable building design, products, technologies, and systems. Based in Vancouver Canada.
- Online collections of information on sustainable building, eco travel, and Latin American environmental issues. Keyword searchable.
Ten Shades of Green
- Site for the Ten Shades of Green exhibit organized by the Architectural League of New York. The introduction provides a good definition of what 'green' architecture is and isn't. Includes a list of resources and links.
The Tiny Insider
- A resource for those interested in the tiny house movement. House plans, galleries and other information from Jon Cunningham and wife Jessica.
- Promotes, conceives, and studies the viability of bioclimatic buildings in the housing, office, commercial sectors and sport centers.
US Green Building Council
- Non-profit organization dedicated to sustainable building design and construction. Developers of the LEED building rating system. Listings of regional chapters.
Vital Signs Curriculum Materials Project
- A curriculum materials development effort to examine a physical building's performance. Includes resource packages available for downloading and case studies.
Whole Building Design Guide
- Web portal for building-related information with a "whole building" focus provided by the National Institute of Building Sciences. Areas include Design Guidance, Project Management, Operations and Maintenance, Mandates and References, and Tools.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 5, 2016 at 6:45:04 UTC -