become an editor
the entire directory
only in Translation/Associations
American Translators Association
Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council
Business: Business Services: Communications: Associations
Business: Business Services: Communications: Translation: Interpreting: Associations
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Sign Languages: Interpreting: Associations
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Professional Organizations
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Translation: Associations
This category in other languages:
ABRATES – Brazilian Association of Translators
- The association defends professional translators’ legal rights and offers discounts and benefits to all members through partnerships with third parties.
ACCI – Austrian Association of Certified Court Interpreters
- A non-political, non-profit organization furthering the professional and business interests of sworn and certified court interpreters in Austria.
AGIS - ArbeitsGemeinschaft für Internationale Sprachmittlung
- An alliance of freelance conference interpreters and translators. Site in German, English and French.
AHTI - Association of Hungarian Translators and Interpreters
- Members in 8 countries: British Virgin Islands, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Trinidad and Tobago.
AILIA Language Industry Association
- To promote and increase the competitiveness of the Canadian language industry nationally and internationally through advocacy, accreditation and information sharing. Based in Toronto.
AITC - International Association of Conference Translators
- Society for translators, précis-writers, revisers and editors at international organizations only. Based in Switzerland. Site in English, Spanish and French.
APTIA - Association of Professional Translators and Interpreters in Aquitaine
- Association of freelance translators and interpreters.
Arab Translators Network
- A directory of Arab translators worldwide, featuring tools and resources useful for translators, writers, researchers or students.
The Association of Interpreters and Translators in Bulgaria
- Contact information for translators, terms for written, consecutive, simultaneous translation, information on booths, and statutes.
The Association of Translators of the Province of Santa Fe, 2nd District
- A nonprofit organization whose main role is to protect the legal practice of the profession.
ATC - Association of Translation Companies
- Represents leading translation companies in Britain and other European and overseas countries, through a code of conduct, ethics, ongoing education, and promotion of translation companies.
ATIM – Association of Translators and Interpreters of Manitoba (Canada)
- To protect the public interest by ensuring the quality of the services rendered by its members, provide a collective voice for its members, and ensure that members exercise their profession in accordance with its code of ethics.
ATPP - Peruvian Association of Professional Translators
- Member directory, glossary, links and news. Society based in Lima, Peru. Site in English and Spanish.
Australian Institute of Interpreters and Translators
- National association for the translating and interpreting profession. East Melbourne, Australia.
BCTI – Belgian Chamber of Translators and Interpreters
- In Belgium, the CBTI-BKVT works for the professions of translator and interpreter and for the recognition of the specific expertise these require.
BQTA – Belgian Quality Translation Association
- The Belgian association of translation companies.
Canadian Association for Translation Studies
- Information on purpose, annual congress, translation award, members directory. Newsletter and journal included. Site in English and French.
CCIA - California Court Interpreters Association
- Non-profit organisation advancing the standards of court interpreting in this state of the United States. Newsletter, events and membership information.
Chilean Association of Translators and Interpreters
- Professional association of translators and interpreters. Santiago, Chile.
Danish Association of State-Authorized Translators and Interpreters
- Freelance register, membership information and contact details. Based in Copenhagen, Denmark. Site in Danish and English.
ELIA – European Language Industry Association
- A not-for-profit association for LSPs and the first pan-European company-to-company association in the language industry.
ESIST – European Association for Studies in Screen Translation
- An association of higher education teachers, practitioners, academics and students in the field of audiovisual translation set up to facilitate the exchange of information and to promote professional standards in the training and practice of screen translation. Cardiff.
EUATC - European Union of Associations of Translation Companies
- [Flash needed] Listings for countries, issues, members and contact details.
EULITA - European Legal Interpreters and Translators Association
- To promote cooperation and best practices in working arrangements with the legal services and legal professions. Antwerp, Belgium.
European Council of Literary Translators' Associations
- CEATL, based in Belgium.
Hawaii Interpreters and Translators Association
- Local meeting schedule and agenda, membership information and documents, links.
HITA - Houston Interpreters and Translators Association
- Located in Houston, Texas, United States. Information about meetings, membership and translator resources.
Hong Kong Translation Society
- A non-profit professional body that enhances the standard and professionalism of translation (both oral and written) in Hong Kong.
IAPTI – International Association of Professional Translators and Interpreters
- Created by a group of professional language mediators as a vehicle for promoting ethical practices in their profession..
IATIS – International Association for Translation and Intercultural Studies
- A world-wide forum for scholars to debate issues relating to translation and other forms of intercultural communication.
International Federation of Translators
- FIT is an international federation of both professional and non-professional translation and interpreting associations. Paris, France.
International Translation Day
- Celebrated every year on 30 September on the feast of St. Jerome. FIT decides on a theme for each year and invites all of its member associations to join it in celebrating the day around the theme.
Interpreters Guild of America
- Created by/ for independent interpreters committed to advocating for the profession. US based.
Israel Translators Association
- Information resource for translators and clients. Consumer advice, browse members' listings, and seek or post translation projects.
ITI - Institute of Translation & Interpreting
- Based in the UK, the ITI is a professional organization with the aim of promoting quality in the field of translation and interpretation.
ITI Scottish Network
- Network of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting in Scotland. Includes membership information, FAQs and related resources.
ITIA - Irish Translators' and Interpreters' Association
- Society promoting translation in Ireland. Membership, leaflets, constitution and web links. Based in Ireland.
JAT - Japan Association of Translators
- Portal type of web site with events, resources, publications, member directory and search. Based in Japan.
LTAC - Literary Translators' Association of Canada
- Information on the history of association, members directory, award for translation, and upcoming events. Model contract included. Site in English and French.
Metroplex Interpreters and Translators Association
- Society of professional interpreters and translators in the Dallas Fort Worth and North Texas area, United States.
MiTiN - Michigan Translators or Interpreters Network
- Organisation of translators, interpreters, agencies and language professionals in this state of the United States. Search feature and member directory.
NAJIT - National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators
- Non-profit organisation promoting the court interpreting and legal translation profession in the United States.
National League of Translators and Interpreters (Russia)
- Non-profit professional association established in Moscow by expert translators and interpreters.
NETA - New England Translators Association
- Membership, client information, events, conference and exhibition, resources and contact information. Based in the United States.
New Zealand Society of Translators and Interpreters
- NZSTI is a nationally representative body of translators and interpreters in New Zealand that provides a networking forum for its members. Auckland.
NGTV - Netherlands Society of Interpreters and Translators
- Society promoting ethical and material interests of Dutch translators and interpreters and those established in the Netherlands in particular.
NITA - Nevada Interpreters & Translators Association
- As the statewide association of practicing linguists, translators and interpreters, NITA works to elevate the quality and availability of language services in Nevada. It offers professional training and networking opportunities.
NTE - Network of Translators in Education
- Society of translators, revisers, terminologists and writers working in educational organisations. Based in Canada. Site in English and French.
NTE – Network of Translators in Education (Canada)
- An organization bringing together independent workers and employees involved in translation, interpretation, terminology, copy editing, writing, publishing and communications, with a particular focus on education in Canada. Ottawa-Orléans, Ontario.
NYCT - New York Circle of Translators
- Non-profit organisation of translators and interpreters promoting standards and facilitating cooperation among translators and interpreters. Based in this city in the United States.
The Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec
- OTTIAQ from Quebec, Canada. Services, publications, news, membership information.
Portuguese Association of Translators and Interpreters
- Based in Porto, Portugal. Site has an English section, mostly in Portuguese.
SATI - South African Translators' Institute
- Registry of freelancers, credentialing, industry standards, subchapter contacts, training opportunities, consumer information, links.
SFOE - Swedish Association of Professional Translators
- Membership list with search function, news and information. Site in English and Swedish.
SKTL - Finnish Association of Translators and Interpreters
- Society aimed at advancing the profession in Finland and improving translator education. Based in Helsinki, Finland. Site in Finnish, Swedish and English.
TAALS - The American Association of Language Specialists
- Language specialists working at the international level, either at conferences or in permanent organizations, and determines their qualifications and standards.
Translators for Peace
- A free association of translators from all countries and of all nationalities. To publish against: war in general; and in particular, against the use of war as a means of resolving international disputes.
Translators Without Borders
- To increase access to knowledge through humanitarian translations.
Union of Interpreters and Translators - JTP
- Czech Republic.
UPBH – Association of Translators and Interpreters of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Founded in 2008 with the aim of further developing the profession of translating and interpreting.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 30, 2016 at 15:43:57 UTC -