become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education_and_Training/Writing
Education and Training
Arts: Writers Resources
Reference: Education: Distance Learning: Correspondence Courses
Reference: Education: Distance Learning: Online Courses
- Provider of technical writing services, technical writer placement services, and training in technical and scientific writing. Features course details, company profile and summary of papers by Abelard consultants. Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- Author teaches courses in how to write for the Internet and how to publish and sell e-books.
- Novel writing and workshop events, pitch conferences and retreats, held in several places within the United States. Contains FAQ, syllabus and faculty profiles. Based in Washington, D.C.
- Offers online and local business and creative writing courses, including on writing for children, romance, travel, and memoir writing. Craighall Park, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Author Learning Center
- A community that offers tips and tools and a support network to help the author who wishes to publish a book.
Authorgraphic's Technical Writing Courses
- Offers courses in technical writing and RoboHelp. Provides profile, course details and testimonials. Gloucester, United Kingdom.
- Business writing training online and in seminars. Ottawa, Ontario with branches in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Basic Learning Systems
- Business writing courses and workbooks that cover topics like letters, memos, grammar and sentence structure. Also offers on-site training. Contains trainer profiles and services details.
Berry Writing Group
- Offers seminars and online training for business writing and presentations. Includes effectiveness, grammar, speaking, writing/revising, and cooperative climate.
- Martha Alderson offers plot consultations over the telephone and via Skype, as well as plot workshops and book talks via webinar. Contains services details and information about her books.
Business Writing That Counts
- Offers on-site and online business writing courses to improve business communications, writing coaching and editing services. Features services details and resources.
Center for Autobiographic Studies
- Non-profit organization for the creation and preservation of autobiographic works. Contains listing of courses by state.
Clear and Concise Writing
- Wiley Brooks offers an online workshop with tips and techniques to write more clearly and concisely. Includes a profile and course outline.
- Gail Balden presents writers retreats in a small group setting. No previous writing experience is necessary. Nehalem, Oregon, United States.
- Offers on-line workshops and critique groups for writers of all genres.
- A series of residential writing courses tutored by John Simmons, Stuart Delves and Jamie Jauncey at locations throughout the UK and Europe. Contains course details, tutor profiles and testimonials.
Discovering Story Magic
- Laura Baker and Robin Perini conduct sessions on combining character, conflict, plot and turning points. Handout packets and classes with full lessons are also available for purchase.
- Training courses, tool kits and manuals, distance training programs and customized training and consultancy services. Includes schedule, enrollment form and company profile. Winsford, Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Emphasis Training Limited
- Offers writing courses and consultancy including writing proposals, tenders, emails, letters, grammar and punctuation. Contains services details and blog. Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
- Technical and commercial author training writing courses as well as one-on-one courses with a personal tutor. Includes FAQ and fee details. Stapeley, Nantwich, United Kingdom.
Farland, David - David Wolverton
- Fantasy and Science Fiction writer of "Runelords" and "Of Mice and Magic" offers writing workshops and seminars. Utah.
- A writing coach based in New York City, specializing in memoir, novel, non-fiction, book proposal and graduate dissertation / thesis coaching. Also offers workshops. Provides credentials and services details.
Gotham Writers' Workshop Inc
- Creative writing school offers classes in New York City and online.
- Trains and coaches business people to write better, online or onsite. Contains course details, writing tips and blog. Princeton, New Jersey, United States.
The Language Lab
- Online business and ESL writing courses for professionals, individual and corporate. Also offers writing coaching services.
Learn Freelancing Proofreading Courses
- Freelance proofreading and editing courses, by correspondence or .PDF download. Offers a three-part course with free extra exercises.
The LifeStory Institute
- Workshops on writing memoirs, autobiographies or family histories. Magazine and books are available.
The London School of Journalism
- Provides journalism courses, freelance journalism classes and creative writing lessons by distance learning.
Long Ridge Writers Group
- Covers both adult fiction and nonfiction in the writing course, "Breaking into Print."
LR Communication Systems, Inc.
- Writing courses and seminars, technical writing programs, presentation skills training with online, on-site, self-study, and correspondence options. Focus on business communications.
Matterhorn Language Services
- Business writing courses for company employees. Buckingham, United Kingdom.
The Memoir Network
- Professional author of "Turning Memories Into Memoirs" offers training on how to turn personal stories into written biographies in teleclasses. Will ghostwrite, and coach as well.
The New WritePro
- Offers creative writing tutorials by Sol Stein.
Nigel Grant Training
- Business communications consultancy that offers training, editing, coaching and writing. Contains services details and testimonials. Chatham, Kent, United Kingdom.
North American School Of Outdoor Writing
- Journalist/columnist Roger Brunt provides a program that teaches how to create and sell stories about the outdoors, with a focus on outdoor sports magazines. Contains course outline and FAQ.
Online Writing Workshop
- Offers writers' communities in which writers can get feedback on their works in progress, improve their writing through critiquing others, and meet fellow aspiring writers. Fee based.
- Provides corporate writing and communications training using the principles and tools that advertisers and marketers use to get their message across.
Professional Writing Group
- Offers customized training and editorial services in the Washington/Baltimore area. Contains case studies and services details.
Quality of Course Inc.
- Writing courses by correspondence. Teaches creative writing, business, memoir, romance and novel writing.
Realtime Writing Coach
- Writing coach and editor works one-on-one, for business writing, novels, scripts, and non-fiction.
- Offers courses by Lars Hesslind, "The Magic of Creative Writing" and "The Magic Speaker", available for download or on CD-ROM.
- Offers courses and retreats in life writing, which can be done by attendance in Sydney, Australia or by email correspondence.
Triple Crown Communications
- Offers online courses in grammar, English as a Second Language and Plain Language, training seminars, proposal and report writing and editing, IT systems documentation. Rockville, Maryland and Washington DC areas.
- The national writers' centre of Wales. Its tutors are all professional writers. Offers courses, retreats, and writers' resources. Llanystumdwy, north Wales.
- Linda Vanderwold provides business writing training in web-based, on-site, and DVD formats. Software supports editing methods taught. Describes course content and testimonials.
- Provides writing courses designed to improve communication and business writing skills of employees and management. Features trainer profiles and course details. London, United Kingdom.
Write to Wellbeing
- Provides tools for creative and personal success, delivering writing prompts and direct consultation with Rebecca Walker and Lily Diamond.
The Write Way
- Offers in-company and small group business writing training programs, including courses in report writing, effective customer service letters, plain English and writing clear procedures. Offered in person or online. Nottingham, United Kingdom.
Write Your Publishable Book in a Weekend Retreat
- Tom Bird designed a method for the writing of a book and getting it published. Contains retreat schedule, author news and video testimonials.
- A writing center and writers' service that helps writers achieve their creative potential and literary goals in classes and workshops. Austin, Texas
Writer's Digest University
- Offers courses in fiction, nonfiction, poetry, short story/essay and freelance/copywriting.
The Writer's Loft
- Details of writing workshop series conducted by Jerry Cleaver in Chicago, Illinois.
Writers on the Net
- A group of writers and teachers offer a variety of online courses in nonfiction and fiction.
- Provides writing classes in New York City, Tucson, San Francisco, Amsterdam, and online. Also offers individual tutorials in person, via Skype or phone. New York, New York.
Writers' Village University
- Fiction, non-fiction and poetry writing courses and workshops are available to members. Other features include personal profile pages, chat and discussion forums.
- Offers courses delivered by email, taught by writers. Includes FAQ, student handbook and fees details.
The Writing Exchange
- A training and consulting firm specializing in written business communication seminars and workshops. Includes seminar details, coaching and books and CD details.
The Writing School
- The Myth Breakers school teaches writing by home-based curriculum. Course includes writing assignments, including an article or short story that the student will write, aimed toward a specific magazine for publication.
The Writing Studio
- Offers workshops and correspondence courses for screenwriting and creative writing, as well as individual training. South Africa.
- Offers workshops in Ottawa, Ontario for those who prepare briefing notes for cabinet ministers and senior executives.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 21, 2013 at 1:27:58 UTC -